Nvidia officially announces Pascal based GTX 1080 and GTX 1070 gpu's

If this card retails at less than 50k. Load power consumption is 20 percent less than 9xx series,performance is 10% more than a TITAN X. It's definitely worth the upgrade.

Can someone give me a tl;dr/summary of the reviews? Walls of texts and i'm on non-smartphone. Many thanks.
Now one thing is for sure, i won't purchase a used 980ti . 3440x1440 @ 60 frames in all games with a single GPU set up .
do you have a 60Hz 1440p? or 144hz?
I'm just waiting for pricedrops on older gen cards.

Currently i am gaming on 1920x1200 @ 60Hz . 1440p wont be that an incremental upgrade for me and there are no more 1600p monitors,except for Dell 3014. Ever since the X34 came out i wanted to game @ 3440x1440 but found single GPU set up to be struggling . Not a fan of SLI/CF. Now i will upgrade to a custom pcb GTX 1080 and Acer X34. I am sure it will be running easily @ 60 frames in all games.

^Classic Nvidia, it was obvious that it was a green milk tax edition but those PR guys pretty much got rekt on stage.
It also means that non reference cards will end up costing way more, I'm guessing 70k at launch at least, maybe those PrimeABGB listings weren't placeholders after all :p

MSI GTX1080 Founders edition is now listed for Rs 63,799 on Prime. At least for a few months, the prices are going to be way over the top even in US let alone in India. If its a supply issue, India might not even see the stocks at all for a while

That 8 pin means a lot. Great that nvidia didn't cripple it.I am sure the stock 1070 will beat 980Ti,now it all comes down to the pricing in India.It has to be priced below 35k and if that happens,bad news for those who have 980ti and planning to sell it. Feel sorry for them. It's like exactly what 980ti did to Titan X.

^^ Wishful thinking if you ask me. GPU distributors/re-sellers in India do not follow the reference or even the market pricing else where. Even if the cards are released at same starting price as the previous generation, the sellers in India jack up the prices. I do not think you will see a GTX1070 for under 45k any time soon.

No way it's coming to 45k. It will be priced a lot under it. It's just fews days before we get the actual price.

Back