Nvidia officially announces Pascal based GTX 1080 and GTX 1070 gpu's

200 Fps, check that video again when they unlocked the frames. I know the resolution is 1080p with Ultra settings but still that is an awful lot frames.

May be AMD is waiting to see what pascal is all about and then think of getting some minor tweaks to get the numbers higher before they launch Polaris. Not a bad move, but definitely a delayed deal.
The wiser move. But the funny thing here is i bet that even nvidia knows about this tactic. If Polaris beat their current non-Ti offering they will launch the Ti versions and AMD will follow suit with their Furys lol.

But won't it give nvidia more time to rule the roast and mint money. We would be paying more for the performance offered.
Thats what I meant when I said AMD tactics is actually a delayed deal. Its always the case. The more you delay, more is the struggle to catchup later.

$700 doesnt equate to 80K INR! I think the pricing here is like iphone ebay pricing which hits the Indian markets when they are just launched. lol! I have seen people selling new iphones for 1.5-2 lakh even on ebay.in.

Incorrect pricing?
$700 doesnt equate to 80K INR! I think the pricing here is like iphone ebay pricing which hits the Indian markets when they are just launched. lol! I have seen people selling new iphones for 1.5-2 lakh even on ebay.in.

PrimeABGB is never wrong about the prices as far as I know as they import all the new stuff just after 1 week of global launch. Still, we don't know. Let's see.

PrimeABGB is never wrong about the prices as far as I know as they import all the new stuff just after 1 week of global launch. Still, we don't know. Let's see.
This is exactly the aim of putting a price on the product thats not launched yet. I dont think Indian market has to import GC. So definitely this listing on primeabgb was to attract attention and ofcourse you and me will keep checking this now and will be interested when they ultimately change the price to actuals as per Indian pricing.

Thats what I meant when I said AMD tactics is actually a delayed deal. Its always the case. The more you delay, more is the struggle to catchup later.
Well that's how we know its AMD. :D
*jaw drop* but that looks like an pre-launch initial pricing. Might be different when they have the actual products in hand. It also could give a bad name to nvidia (like how you just did). Besides who in the world would buy them for 70-80k? :O
Lets be patient.[DOUBLEPOST=1463130177][/DOUBLEPOST]Meanwhile check these out.
Zotac GTX 1080 PGF with RGB
http://www.custompcreview.com/news/zotac-teases-geforce-gtx-1080-pgf-custom-graphics-card/29341/
and,
http://www.eteknix.com/amd-debunks-recent-negative-rumours/
there are no production issues whatsoever with Polaris and it’s on schedule.
This is why you should not take word from unverified/unreliable sources. Cannot stress this enough.

It's really a waste of time to speculate on price and performance of unreleased hardware, we can discuss and debate all day once it hits store shelves.
That Prime listing is just a placeholder, no need to read too much into it.

http://www.techpowerup.com/222450/more-polaris10-and-polaris11-specifications-revealed

While "Hawaii" based SKUs feature TDP of no less than 250W, the new chip has a TDP rated no higher than 150W. AMD could pull off a "single 8-pin power connector" feat like NVIDIA, with quite some headroom to spare. The chip features a 256-bit wide GDDR5/GDDR5X memory interface, and 8 GB could be its standard memory amount. The first SKUs based on this chip could feature 7 Gbps GDDR5 memory.

AMD will upgrade the feature-set to include HVEC/H.265 hardware encode/decode acceleration, DisplayPort 1.3, and HDMI 2.0a outputs.

The smaller "Polaris" chip scheduled for 2016, which the press has been referring to as "Baffin," could feature 14 compute units, working out to a stream processor count of 896. It will be a mainstream chip, succeeding the "Tobago" silicon, which drives the current R7 360 series SKUs, although it wouldn't surprise us if it outperformed bigger chips, such as the "Trinidad" based R7 370 series. This chip has its peak single-precision floating-point performance rated at 2.5 TFLOP/s. Its TDP is rated at just 50W, and it is expected to feature a 128-bit wide GDDR5 memory interface, holding 4 GB of memory.

^i don't think that the pricefall will be that huge. I'm expecting 30k for the GTX 980. But as i said earlier energy consumption will also matter a lot.
Officially cant say but there will be people who will be selling their GPU`s at a cheaper price.
The good news is people have already started doing it.

Exactly,i was getting 980ti SC for 42k before pascal launch and after its launch one can get them for around 30k or 32k here or on other forums.[DOUBLEPOST=1463325741][/DOUBLEPOST]http://videocardz.com/59951/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-opencl-performance-leaked .

Guys just check the last one,beating AMD in mining.

http://www.mobipicker.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-comes-four-versions-liquid-cooled-one/

upload_2016-5-15_20-51-22.png

Last edited:
Back