Graphic Cards Nvidia on top again - GeForce 7800 GTX 512Mb

If someone has a HD-ready Plasma display (41" or above), and two of these baby's in SLI, he could achieve nirvana thru FEAR @ 1920 x 720.

Nope I believe it wouldnt be playable at that resolution even with 2 of these monsters in SLI. Definitely not with 4x AA and 8x AF...

guys it seems its officially launched in india today, guess what, read it on tt that rashi is quoting a whooooping 50 k for it :clap: :clap:

Cant be. The XFX India Manager told me its coming in Exactly 1 month.. 3 days back.

Dont ask me how i know him, i met him in random at a Store in Lamington when i was waiting for V-Streets Server parts to come.

Well, it is techtree.....

Sometimes their news items are far removed from reality. :p

Graphics Cards based on the Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX 512 GPU are immediately available at major on-line retailers, as also from leading add-in card partners such as Asus, BFG, EVGA, Gainward, MSI, Point of View, and XFX.

:rofl: :rofl:

The whole news item is just copied from I guess nVidia's press release.

The only Indian connection is this
Ujesh Desai, general manager - desktop GPUs, Nvidia, said, "There is a whole new crop of games coming out for the holidays, that use the same kinds of special effects that have been used in animated movies in the past, and these games tax even the most powerful gaming PCs. For many gamers it is time to upgrade. The first evidence of this is a new game called F.E.A.R. from Monolith."

but did you scroll down, in the quotes thing some guy claims to have called rashi(50k), someone in delhi should call up rashi & find out :p for our TE community...

BR hi.....See I'm a gamer @ 1024 or 1280, but I like to play @ max settings with AF turned on.....and possibly AA though I haven't tried it with the 6800GT/X800XT that I have on my 2 rigs..

SInce I am going AMD X2 very soon (Oh joy)... I think this card would be really suitable for me, not because I could not game @ on anything cheaper...but simply because once I invest around 40K rupees on a graphics card I probably wouldn't be able to replace it for atleast a year.....

@ 1024*768 with max everything else do u see this card (7800GTX 512 meg) lasting me into say 2007.....??
Blade_Runner said:
Nvidia on top again - GeForce 7800 GTX 512Mb
Conclusion:
Anandtech

why not ? Its possible . 7800GTX 512MB is an overkill for 1024x768 resolution . If you are still going to play in the same resolution till 2007 , then you will need to upgrade your CPU as in this resolution , CPU power factor comes into play .

vandal said:
BR hi.....See I'm a gamer @ 1024 or 1280, but I like to play @ max settings with AF turned on.....and possibly AA though I haven't tried it with the 6800GT/X800XT that I have on my 2 rigs..

SInce I am going AMD X2 very soon (Oh joy)... I think this card would be really suitable for me, not because I could not game @ on anything cheaper...but simply because once I invest around 40K rupees on a graphics card I probably wouldn't be able to replace it for atleast a year.....

@ 1024*768 with max everything else do u see this card (7800GTX 512 meg) lasting me into say 2007.....??
At 1024 it will definitely last you till 2007, but if games based on different feature set say for e.g. sm 4.0 come out then you might miss some eye candy and performance. Actually speaking the card can handle current games with the exception of fear @ 1600*1200 very well provided you have a display that supports it as well.

Blade_Runner said:
At 1024 it will definitely last you till 2007, but if games based on different feature set say for e.g. sm 4.0 come out then you might miss some eye candy and performance. Actually speaking the card can handle current games with the exception of fear @ 1600*1200 very well provided you have a display that supports it as well.

same thing was said about 6800 GT also :tongue:

Oh yes I plan on the X2 4400+....that should be sufficient alongwith 2 gigs of low lat DDR 400......(512x4 @ 2-3-2-6)

broar94 said:
why not ? Its possible . 7800GTX 512MB is an overkill for 1024x768 resolution . If you are still going to play in the same resolution till 2007 , then you will need to upgrade your CPU as in this resolution , CPU power factor comes into play .

BR apart from SM 4 coming out, Vista is round the corner and with it next generation feature requirement I am sure that the blokes at Redmond and the rest of the gaming arena will bring this card to its knees in no time.... Its almost a push from the display card industry to bring 256 main stream. Almost all cards these days are equipped with it....so hell...why not 512.

Lol ATi sure has something up its sleeves !

There is no doubt that the nVidia 7800GTX 512MB, which everyone expected would launch 2 days ago as a 7800GTX Ultra, would likely win a head-to-head performance test as single or SLI when compared with the single X1800XT or Crossfire. However, ATI clearly believes the competitor for X1800XT is the $499 7800GTX and not the $700 7800GTX 512MB. ATI was quite clear they will be introducing a "PE version" of X1800XT to compete with 7800GTX 512.

A X1800XT PE with 1Gb of fast clocked gddr3 memory anyone :D

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2609&p=4

Some good news for crossfire as well

While the exact performance results achieved comparing X1800XT Crossfire with 7800GTX SLI can not yet be published, we can tell you we benchmarked with F.E.A.R., Quake 4, Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory, Doom 3, Far Cry, and 3DMark05 at 1600x1200 resolution with 4X AA and 8X AF enabled. ATI X1800XT Crossfire won every benchmark over nVidia 7800GTX SLI in these tests.

We also ran standard scores (1024x768) for Aquamark 3, 3Dmark03, and 3Dmark05. Once again Crossfire X1800XT outperformed nVidia 7800GTX SLI in every benchmark.

We then ran all the same tests in single video mode, comparing a single X1800XT on the ATI RD480 to a single 7800GTX on the ATI A8N32-SLI. Benchmarks were run under the same conditions as Crossfire/SLI - 1600x1200/4xAA/8xAF in games and "standard" scores in 3Dmarks and Aquamark 3. Once again the ATI X1800XT on the RD580 was the winner in every benchmark. It is clear the new 5.11 drivers do make a difference in Open GL games like Quake 4 and Doom 3. Even more exciting, the RD580/X1800XT Crossfire will be a potent graphics combination.

Lol ATi is back in business it seems.

Whats the point ? the card will sell for 800$. Instead of introducing at such ridiculous pricing, why doesnt ATI introduce an X1800 at 250$ pricepoint, where there will be some sales...

Back