Nvidia RTX 3XXX Series announced

It seems it was the 456.16 windows 10 driver that caused the crashes, Nvidia have issued a new driver 456.55 which has fixed the issues.

As a result - Both ootb oc and non oc cards seem to have their cores slightly downclocked and consume less power without any visible hit to performance.

Last edited:
Man, Frank Azor, has been very confident over the last few weeks with his tweets. Hope AMD got a good release with RDNA2.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Launch Postponed to October 29th

So NVIDIA is actually afraid now.
Post automatically merged:

Man, Frank Azor, has been very confident over the last few weeks with his tweets. Hope AMD got a good release with RDNA2.
So if you check the Digital foundry videos on XBOX ONE X and X BOX X Series, there is a huge performance difference. Plus that architecture is in a small form factor. If they are able to optimize it well as a GPU, i am really hoping for some good performance.

I know this is mainly for the rtx 3x but does anyone know if new zen and gpu from AMD will replace existing models in the same price range or they will just up the prices? Even the slightest rumours/leaks will do. Specifically for India. I'm thinking of assembling a new PC so if the prices are going to be high anyway then I might as well go for existing ones. Actually now that I think about it, I should've bought them months ago as the prices went up instead of going down. :banghead:
Post automatically merged:

So much for the hype

Last edited:
I have said that so many times on this forum that this will happen till March or April next year. We have XBOX/PS5 launch, then iPhone and AMD with GPU/CPU. This was expected.

I think the high demand is also because of the late launch of AMD's products. I'm pretty sure that if AMD launches equivalent products on time and even if they are not as good and the nvidia's aren't available then people will go for the AMD. I would! Better than getting scalper'd. So I expect things to improve once AMD launches their's. Even if there's 5-10% difference in performance. Lower pricing will be a big bonus.

I have said that so many times on this forum that this will happen till March or April next year. We have XBOX/PS5 launch, then iPhone and AMD with GPU/CPU. This was expected.
but nvidia uses 8mm samsung fabs right? are they expecting to use 7mm TSMC fabs once it becomes free?

No it's just a shitty launch from Nvidia, it's not like TSMC gets booked at the last moment.
It's also not co-related and not everyone is going to buy the iphone 12 + 3080 + Ryzen 5800x + XSX + PS5 combined, a lot of people also don't have money post-covid to be splurging on this kind of stuff so there's plenty of each to go around.
These look like intentional shortages of all new products for the holiday season because there's a ton of old Turing 2xxx GPUs, Ryzen 3xxx CPUs, PS4s, XoX, XoS still sitting on shelves that need to be sold before newer products become widely available.

Last edited:
Legit point. I wonder how many RTX2x series are still out there left to be sold.
India probably has a lot of stock left since the 2XXX series was way overpriced (2080ti mostly). Only way those will be purchased if priced around the 51k (RTX 3070) price tag or by people that can't wait any longer.

Shortages will be there as no one is operating at 100% or more. Any idea who is working on the SSD for XBOX or PS5, is it Samsung or Micron. There were reports coming in that SSD will be cheaper but I don't see it yet. About NVIDIA, it was a messed up Product launch, CEO says that there is no issue with Supply but with Demand - Real Stupid Excuse. I really hope that AMD and TSMC are prepared.

LMAO this used to be an old conspiracy theory, now it's turned out to be true.

MSI issued a statement saying this was an error. I don't believe it one bit.

Its possible that internal MSI employees supplying cards to this company and then everyone make profit kind of a deal.
We see this often in India in businesses.

Guess that is more fallout for MSI with their reviewer bribing attempt outed recently. They do have some good products (motherboards/Gaming Trio GPUs) which is what is baffling

Back