Nvidia RTX 3XXX Series announced

I don't know anymore. I can buy the 3060 for 40k (?) but I don't need such a powerful gpu tbh. That's the reason why I'm looking for previous or older gen models.
Also since I'm travelling regularly nowadays and will be stationed at the hills side frequently for a while I think that a laptop with a dGPU might actually be better for me right now. That way at least I'll get to play some games. I do have spent some money on desktop parts though thinking I would be able to get a used GPU with little issue lol.
I really liked that old Alienware being sold here many weeks ago but the dude had unreasonable price offers. Because it's an Alienware... :(
are you a writer or what by profession ;) on the serious note. 3060 is not for today, its also for tomorrow. and gaming will keep on improving. if you are planning to upgrade in a year or so, then get 1660ti or 2060 if RTX is what you want. the only use of that RTX for you will be the RTX Voice :p

are you a writer or what by profession ;) on the serious note. 3060 is not for today, its also for tomorrow. and gaming will keep on improving. if you are planning to upgrade in a year or so, then get 1660ti or 2060 if RTX is what you want. the only use of that RTX for you will be the RTX Voice :p
well that RTX voice is now available to GTX users as well that too an official support

are you a writer or what by profession ;)
Lol you might have 10x of gpu posts here than I do.
on the serious note. 3060 is not for today, its also for tomorrow. and gaming will keep on improving. if you are planning to upgrade in a year or so, then get 1660ti or 2060 if RTX is what you want. the only use of that RTX for you will be the RTX Voice :p
Thing is I normally don't play at the highest settings. I don't want to get spoiled. RTX 3k will definitely and totally spoil me. Also I don't play the latest games. Heck I haven't even played Witcher 3 or any of the Crysis games. Also there's this very famous saying about DOTA 2 players lol

Lol you might have 10x of gpu posts here than I do.

Thing is I normally don't play at the highest settings. I don't want to get spoiled. RTX 3k will definitely and totally spoil me. Also I don't play the latest games. Heck I haven't even played Witcher 3 or any of the Crysis games. Also there's this very famous saying about DOTA 2 players lol
arre writer by profession means like an actual book author or what I meant :p as you said ;)
I'm travelling regularly nowadays and will be stationed at the hills side frequently for a while

lol no. Just a personal project. I need to stay there or travel a lot to keep an eye on the progress.
Because Fk gaming. Fk my potential 1M twitch subs for my old streaming life dream. Fk the current gpu situation.
They really had to screw me once I started buying some components. :banghead:
Mods, fk=flipkart. okay?

I don't know anymore. I can buy the 3060 for 40k (?) but I don't need such a powerful gpu tbh. That's the reason why I'm looking for previous or older gen models.
Also since I'm travelling regularly nowadays and will be stationed at the hills side frequently for a while I think that a laptop with a dGPU might actually be better for me right now. That way at least I'll get to play some games. I do have spent some money on desktop parts though thinking I would be able to get a used GPU with little issue lol.
I really liked that old Alienware being sold here many weeks ago but the dude had unreasonable price offers. Because it's an Alienware... :(
Where would you even get it for 40k?

My friend who knows about my recent cash burn and gpu dilemma lol

matty being an ass.png

Been seeing you trying to get one forever at reasonable price. Congratulations man! Also was the rice included?
Aye thanks. I paid 16500rs. I actually made some very poor decisions so I ended up without anything for 3-4 months. But hopefully those poor decisions will eventually become some of the best decisions down the line when I rma this 1650S after 3-4 years and get a GTX 6060Ti Amp edition in return. And the rice is going to be my trademark from now on. It's for a "personal project." If there's rice near a PC component on the internet you'll know that it's me. Lol.

Aye thanks. I paid 16500rs. I actually made some very poor decisions so I ended up without anything for 3-4 months. But hopefully those poor decisions will eventually become some of the best decisions down the line when I rma this 1650S after 3-4 years and get a GTX 6060Ti Amp edition in return. And the rice is going to be my trademark from now on. It's for a "personal project." If there's rice near a PC component on the internet you'll know that it's me. Lol.
inb4 the mining craze dies in a few months lmao

That's a nice price considering the current market. iPwnz GTX 6060Ti AMP Rice Edition™ confirmed.

inb4 the mining craze dies in a few months lmao
haha that's exactly what one of the retailers whom I went to said today. He was like "what if we get these cards at these very high prices and then mining crumbles?"
That's a nice price considering the current market. iPwnz GTX 6060Ti AMP Rice Edition™ confirmed.
Its not the best GPU but its a good buy imo. The used ones being sold online either have only a few months of warranty left or none at all. Then consider the pricing at which they are being sold for. Even if they are GTX 1660 or 1070 or 2060. While mine has full Zotac 5 years warranty. Its very reassuring. I'm very pleased with my purchase.

BTW one of the retailers had some T2 brands GTX 1660/3060's in stock and despite some of the older cards carrying lower MRP he sold at inflated price. The older 1660S had an MRP of 30k. He was selling it for 45k. I asked him why he's doing so and he said MRP no longer plays any role here. I actually wanted to try my to luck to see if he would sell it lower like 25k. He's also been buying newer similar cards at above MRP. The 3070 was being sold for 95k. He said a good number of people actually bought from him. Another retailer sold an Asus GTX 1660S for 42k (MRP was 95k) today. I wonder if I'll be branded a jealous scum if I file an FIR against the guy selling it above MRP lol. I'm extremely tempted to.

He's also been buying newer similar cards at above MRP. The 3070 was being sold for 95k.
A slight itch to sell my own 3070 happens whenever I hear it being sold for 90k+ but after going though leaps and bounds to get it. I'll rather keep it for myself and sell once the price reaches 2+ Lakh.
I wonder if I'll be branded a jealous scum if I file an FIR against the guy selling it above MRP lol. I'm extremely tempted to.
Legally it's illegal but if it's a small shop, it's probably a lucky year for him. It's not like he's getting it for cheap himself. I remember asking a quote for a 3060ti roughly about a month ago at a store near my home and he quoted around 53k for a MSI 3060 instead. I told him I'll buy an entire PC build from him with whatever parts (around the specs and parts I had in mind) he has to ease his inventory. The shopkeeper really called up everywhere and couldn't find a single 3060ti at that moment of time.
BTW one of the retailers had some T2 brands GTX 1660/3060's in stock and despite some of the older cards carrying lower MRP he sold at inflated price. The older 1660S had an MRP of 30k. He was selling it for 45k. I asked him why he's doing so and he said MRP no longer plays any role here.
Can they even create a legitimate invoice with the inflated price if the printed MRP is lower than it? Wouldn't that act as a proof that they have been selling over MRP?

Last edited:
Legally it's illegal but if it's a small shop, it's probably a lucky year for him. It's not like he's getting it for cheap himself.
His prices have always been high since the beginning but people go to him as his store is pretty big and he has a very large inventory of products. One of my friends bought a GT210 (or another model but it was the most basic one) for 7.5k from him. I told him to back out but he said his dad told him to buy it from him. So he has a very large customer base because of his connections. Its just that his pricing went off the charts this season.
Can they even create a legitimate invoice with the inflated price if the printed MRP is lower than it? Wouldn't that act as a proof that they have been selling over MRP?
I don't think the printed MRP will be lower for the RTX 3070. I mean a GTX 1660S Jan 2021 import had 95k MRP. But now that you mention it I'm curious.
But if I file an FIR now then he will know that it was me since I went asking enquiring about it lol. Also its not like the police would confiscate his stuff. They can't do that can they?

His prices have always been high since the beginning but people go to him as his store is pretty big and he has a very large inventory of products. One of my friends bought a GT210 (or another model but it was the most basic one) for 7.5k from him. I told him to back out but he said his dad told him to buy it from him. So he has a very large customer base because of his connections. Its just that his pricing went off the charts this season.
Dafaq, a GT210 for 7.5k! That's robbery. I get the overall picture now.
I don't think the printed MRP will be lower for the RTX 3070. I mean a GTX 1660S Jan 2021 import had 95k MRP. But now that you mention it I'm curious.
But if I file an FIR now then he will know that it was me since I went asking enquiring about it lol. Also its not like the police would confiscate his stuff. They can't do that can they?
My 3070 has an import date of March, 2021 and the MRP is somewhere below 90k (Can't check the exact price right now, will update later). The AIB manufacturers seem to be raising the MRP prices to facilitate the rising prices so that they can circumvent the potential illegal invoices if the price is above the MRP sticker. Unless you have a proper stronghold or your chacha is a vidhayak, he'll probably walk away scot-free even with an FIR. Maybe a tip to the ITR would be more successful.

UPDATE - The MRP printed is ₹83,700.

Last edited:

Where did you buy from?

Back