Nvidia RTX 3XXX Series announced

Me garib hu 5k iMac is of no use to me
But I must tell you, if you ever use one. The Text is so sharp and crisp that it cannot be explained and Apple uses IPS panels from LG which are so good.
I had an old iMac 5k and then my Manager gave me iMac Pro 5k (I was the first one on the Office to claim it). The base config itself was for 6 lakhs and running Vega 64. I just wonder how games will look in an 8K setup.
Though in my current setup I play at 1920x1200.

I also noticed that the card price has now increased to 45k+, so I guess I'm 'lucky' to have got a card so close to the expected retail. It arrived today and I'm trying it out in a few newer games.

The heatsink is extremely small. I was expecting it to be a little below my normal standards, but the size is shockingly small even if it is the welded type that is slightly more efficient. I'm also seeing roughly 80C temperatures in what are fairly cold months, this is about 5 degrees hotter than a Galax 1660Ti, itself not a shining star in the cooling department. Fans are spinning up to 100%, so there's literally zero thermal headroom on this thing. Summers are going to be hell, I can already feel it. My previous Gigabyte card was the opposite of this, a 1650 Super with a chunky heatsink that was definitely overkill.

Unless you're on a very tight budget, I would stay away from the Eagle series in general.
Check out reviews of the same model and see if they have a similar issue regarding the cooling and temp. Alternatively how's your case cooling?

Check out reviews of the same model and see if they have a similar issue regarding the cooling and temp. Alternatively how's your case cooling?
Saw a few reviews on reddit complaining about very loud fans as well. It seems like the card doesn't have a proper fan curve. It is either 0% or 100%. I wonder what other corners gigabyte has cut on it.

I tried a custom fan curve with Afterburner and while it brought the noise down at low load, temperatures haven't come down because the fans were hitting full speed anyway. I have a Fractal Define 7, in low noise config - solid top panel - so airflow could be a bit better but I can't sacrifice noise. The card is physically about 15% larger than my 1660Ti, and it uses 60% more power. Doesn't take much to figure out how bad the temps will be. I also increased the power limit to prevent throttling and moved the full speed point a little lower so I could claim back a bit of headroom. It runs 1935-1980Mhz in game, which is a bit better than I expected.

@Chaos, the card has no corners left. It is basically the FE with an even smaller heatsink. I was checking out my the Asus Dual RX580 while rotating cards between rigs - that has similar power draw, but is twice the weight and it was one of the least desirable RX580s to own. I thought Inno3D made the worst nV cards(I have their 1660/DDR5), there's a new contender. I honestly can't work out which is worse.

@cranky : Please try undervolting using the latest afterburner using the voltage/frequency curve. See if it helps. It did help in the case of my 3090 which is a space heater.

I tried a custom fan curve with Afterburner and while it brought the noise down at low load, temperatures haven't come down because the fans were hitting full speed anyway. I have a Fractal Define 7, in low noise config - solid top panel - so airflow could be a bit better but I can't sacrifice noise. The card is physically about 15% larger than my 1660Ti, and it uses 60% more power. Doesn't take much to figure out how bad the temps will be. I also increased the power limit to prevent throttling and moved the full speed point a little lower so I could claim back a bit of headroom. It runs 1935-1980Mhz in game, which is a bit better than I expected.

@Chaos, the card has no corners left. It is basically the FE with an even smaller heatsink. I was checking out my the Asus Dual RX580 while rotating cards between rigs - that has similar power draw, but is twice the weight and it was one of the least desirable RX580s to own. I thought Inno3D made the worst nV cards(I have their 1660/DDR5), there's a new contender. I honestly can't work out which is worse.

Is the core clock between 1935-1980 without any manual overclocking?

What’s the temperature of the card at this speed?

get his rx480 then and use it till you come to a damn decision.

:p He will wait for RTX 4xxx series, post performance rumor articles here for 2 months and get hyped, get surprised/disappointed by availability and local pricing post launch, then post performance rumor articles for RX 7xxx and get hyped, get surprised/disappointed by availability and local pricing post launch, then he will wait for RTX 5xxx series, post performance rumor articles here for 2 months and get hyped, get surprised/disappointed by availability and local pricing post launch, then post performance rumor articles for RX 8xxx and get hyped, get surprised/disappointed by availability and local pricing post launch....................................................

Which is the issue. I can't seem to expose the voltage slider :(
Control F with after burner open and in focus.
Quick question, anyone here upgraded from the RTX2080/Super/Ti to RTX3060Ti? If yes why?
Upgraded from a 2070 super to 3070. 2070 super replaced the anemic 2060 in another pc which I gave away.

Performance difference between the two at 1440p is pretty massive.

Upgraded from a 2070 super to 3070. 2070 super replaced the anemic 2060 in another pc which I gave away.

Performance difference between the two at 1440p is pretty massive.
I'll hopefully get a used 2070S and I'm gonna stick with 1080p till 1440p 144hz becomes more affordable lol.

I'll hopefully get a used 2070S and I'm gonna stick with 1080p till 1440p 144hz becomes more affordable lol.
I am with you. 4K is so enticing and all that eye candy but to drive at that resolution, one needs really deep pockets.

Back