Nvidia RTX 3XXX Series announced

As per the leaked info before the embargo is lifted. Some good news, these are having limiter for Hashrate. RTX 3080Ti does a Hashrate of 65 at 225 Watts. Boy that is not good and ROI will take a lot of time, unless this is a Driver lock which can be tweaked like we saw with RTX 3060.
So who all are buying 3070Ti and 3080Ti ?

Well the numbers do not say that.
Well, what do they say than?

I am referring Steve's( from HU) 6900XT review here. You can clearly see that, 6900XT is faster than a 3090 in both 1080p(10 fps delta) as well as 1440p(4 fps delta), whereas it is slower at 4k (6 fps delta) in raster performance. How is that not competitive? If you are only talking about RT performance, it is definitely not competitive but I don't see it being the decided factor for anyone specially in the current market.

Both of these companies are simply overpricing their products because they know they can get away with it as long as shortages last. Point is, AMDs competitiveness or the lack of it is not the reason for the current prices. It was the reason in RTX2XXX series but not this time.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/review/2160-amd-radeon-6900-xt/

Well, what do they say than?

I am referring Steve's( from HU) 6900XT review here. You can clearly see that, 6900XT is faster than a 3090 in both 1080p(10 fps delta) as well as 1440p(4 fps delta), whereas it is slower at 4k (6 fps delta) in raster performance. How is that not competitive? If you are only talking about RT performance, it is definitely not competitive but I don't see it being the decided factor for anyone specially in the current market.

Both of these companies are simply overpricing their products because they know they can get away with it as long as shortages last. Point is, AMDs competitiveness or the lack of it is not the reason for the current prices. It was the reason in RTX2XXX series but not this time.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/review/2160-amd-radeon-6900-xt/
For overall prowness, I have seen a real-time experience where in I played on two systems at the same time with RT Off. I felt the frames were a bit more linear on the RTX 3090 as compared to 6900XT. If it was gaming only and this GPU was under 1L, I would have bought it but RTX 3090 also helps me with GRID, which is something I need to run my Virtual machines on at a very cheap price because the Quadro GPU are at a very high price level.
Its not just one review, if you see most of the reviews, no will recommend this over a 6800XT which was a good bang for the buck but now is fcking overpriced as hell.

I too plan to skip entirely the 30 series. It is very taxing and wasteful in terms of time spent on trying to acquire the card(forget even the scalper prices currently).
I was just recently able to acquire a 1080ti and decided to call it a day and stop checking out RpTech.

Regarding RpTech there are serious doubts as not 1 person has said that they got a card, check Reddit IndianGaming community of 80K plus people. But I did see a lot of scalpers ready to sell 3070FE sealed boxes the previous day at triple prices.

The general consensus is that RPTech scalped all the cads off, I sat waiting and watching and did not even see the stock come in or reduce(started checking a whole 1 hour before the sale). I did try to get a card in the previous sales too and was never successful.
Definitely, something was off in the last 3 RPTech Sales and no cards were listed out, period.

I don't fault RpTech, not sure if the employees are scalping the cards under the table or if the company itself is scalping cards. They are out to make money they don't give a shit about us. They know they have the goods and we will pay no matter what stunts they pull. They have a monopoly for FE cards in India.

I did catch with proof an employee of RpTech scalping cards and they never did anything with it, they were not bothered. Even the Nvidia representative at RpTech was not bothered even when presented with the proof.
Are they shameless, yes, but what can we do, Nvidia has to take action on this but they don't really care about the Indian market.

Last edited:
Now there is nothing that can be done. Maybe this will take another year to become normal. Ethereum has not take a huge dip and even if it does, miners will be mining other coins. What surprised me is AMD, their 6xxx series is shittiest GPU for mining and still a 6900XT which was supposed to be sold for 1L is now going for 1.5L.

Back