PC Peripherals Old C2D PC

kiran6680

Disciple
This is an almost FS, for sale thread, but need advice , I have no price, and has a twist, so posting here.
I have all the pieces of an old Core 2 duo PC bought mostly in 2007, except PSU and SSD are younger. 4 years ago it used to perform very well with the SSD, I'll attach performance proof e.g. launching browser, boot time etc. I just checked today that motherboard, CPU, Ram combo is working. I want advice or buyers, should I assemble it or sell/giveaway in pieces. Specs :

1. Processor Intel core 2 duo E6300

2. Motherboard Asus P5B-VM

3. RAM 1 GB x 3 sticks : DDR 2, 2 transcend, 1 hynix. Supports max 4 gb.

4. Monitor viewsonic VA702B : 1280x1024 resolution

5. PSU : Bought around 2009, Corsair vx450

6. SSD : Yes, even with SATA 2, 3 gbps, SSD makes a big difference. Bought around 2012 , 128 GB, OCZ Vertex 4.

7. Cabinet local, no brand. Came with PSU that I threw away.

I'm postponing the effort of assembling it, not being sure if someone will buy. Individual pieces don't have much value, and I want good hardware to be used instead of adorning landfills. What should I do? The parts are not getting any younger.

Give/sell to someone needy. Ask around your home if there is anybody in need.

I think ipwnz used to help others with cheap hardware. Ask him if he is still helping people. He might find a good use for this.

I asked around, but it didn't help.

Is ipwnz the guy from the North East ? I'm in Bangalore. I believe the things that have preserved most value are heavy ones - cabinet, PSU, and monitor, shipping is a pain. So you're right, someone nearby would be best, I just can't find anything.

I asked around, but it didn't help.

Is ipwnz the guy from the North East ? I'm in Bangalore. I believe the things that have preserved most value are heavy ones - cabinet, PSU, and monitor, shipping is a pain. So you're right, someone nearby would be best, I just can't find anything.
I am sorry I don't know where he is from. I just remember that he had a thread where he used to collect usable stuff and help others who couldn't afford new ones.

Try asking security guard of your building or similar people who you think might benefit.

Back