Car & Bike Old car sale and new car purchase suggestions...

Should be getting our Swift Dzire VXi in a couple of days' time after a 3 month long waiting period. :D

Parents wanted an entry level sedan so they went ahead with this car. Personally I hate the Dzire's back. It's their monies so I had no say. I had few changes done though - stock rims changed to the ZDi's alloys, better seat covers etc. :p

madnav said:
nope.

but looks considerable spec wise.

not considering looks wise that all.
i m also looking for b+ hatchback .....polo is first on my list ...but price is on higher side (dad said NO asa heard the price :p )

it might be ford figo tdci / tata vista aura abs quadrajet :)

lets see wat happens.

universal said:
i m also looking for b+ hatchback .....polo is first on my list ...but price is on higher side (dad said NO asa heard the price :p )

it might be ford figo tdci / tata vista aura abs quadrajet :)

lets see wat happens.
Ford is better. Don't go for tata.

Desecrator said:
Should be getting our Swift Dzire VXi in a couple of days' time after a 3 month long waiting period. :D

Parents wanted an entry level sedan so they went ahead with this car. Personally I hate the Dzire's back. It's their monies so I had no say. I had few changes done though - stock rims changed to the ZDi's alloys, better seat covers etc. :p
swift Dzire VDi is my Last Resort.

Currently im trying to search all over about actual economy of Polo 1.2P and most importantly of 1.6P (not the company specified economy)

so far im understanding it as 10kmpl city and 14-1kmpl highway for 1.6P.

will buy it if that is the case.

i rode 1.6L Swift Dzire VDi and the performance was very good for my liking. 16kmpl in city is good enough for me to do away with the odd back :p Thus i have kept it as my last resort.

so Swift Dzire 1.6 VDi = my logical choice

Polo 1.6L Highline = my lovable choice

err its the same 1.3 engine on the Dzire.

uncle said its 1.6 VDi but spec wise it looks like the same fiat engine on the Dzire. (1248cc 75bhp/190N-m)

thanks alot for pointing it out.

makes my perspective a little wiser on the concerned issue :)

im not able to reg at TBHP.

can any one please shed some light over fuel efficiency of polo 1.6P ?

almost decided on the Polo 1.6.

will be booking tomorrow.

shall get the delivery within a month's time.

1.2L models are taking 4months.

Rated Economy as per ARAI for vento 1.6L petrol is 14kmpl, assuming Polo 1.6L would return me similar or better economy as it is the same thing in sedan...a little less weight that is all.

Next Phase now..

Colours under consideration:

Reflex Silver Metallic

Why: Good Contrast body colour with respect to front grills, lights and VW logo. Scratches can not be spot Easily. Looks the same forever.

Why Not: Colour does not stand Out from the Rest. If not for the Ageing sign of the body, then one can not differentiate a new car from an old one with this colour..so this can also be a Pro depending upon the Time :p

Deep Black Pearl Effect

Why: Nothing beats a polished black finish. Dirt is not highlighted.

Why Not: Scratches can easily be spotted, Front Grill, logo and Lights can not be significantly in contrast which kind of is the main attraction for this hatchback.

Flash Red Non-Metallic

Why: This one gives the Best contrast to front grill, lights and VW Logo. Colour looks Great for a new car.

Why Not: Their Demo car was Red coloured whih had done 26000km, the colour had gone dull and overall not so appealing.

Dad is keen on Reflex silver as we saw t he same on their Diesel Demo car, looks nothing outstanding, neither aged. small scratches are almost impossible to spot from beyond 1meter. So im kind of in favour of this one.

Sis and me are a little interested in Black. It looked good on Vento they had.. but Dust and small Scratches were all over the Places.

As an alternative... I am considering for some Vinyl coats for sports/progressive look over the Reflex Silver Polo. Will check out if that does not void colour warranty.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Update:

Settling for Pepper Gray after seeing this :p

vwpolo.jpg

Do we get those headlights?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

And what about white. Ive seen quite a few of them they look amazing.

its looking lil darker in the previous pic.

looks like this..

2010volkswagenpolo3door.jpg

@mjumrani

yes we get the same headlights.

white looks good, but family does not prefer white. and family = democracy :p

in the mean time i also checked out how to remove those brand logos without breaking anything.. so that i can remove them while parking at suspicious places..dont want to spend moolah on it unnecessarily. These not a single car in my building with brand logo. even the crappy suzuki logo on old zen was ripped..

^yeah exactly.that is a european model. You might have noticed it is a single door car unlike the ones in india.
The ones in india are too plain they have clear headlamps. Saw white one looks okay, red one was a standout though.

booking Polo 1.6L Petrol Highline tomorrow.

ARAI figures show ~16kmpl at 60:40::Highway:City..

so far from what im seeing over TBHP the figures seems to be closer and at max 2kmpl lower than wht ARAI claim for the 1.2L version..

so that is all fine.

the sales people are hoping to deliver within a month and 2months is the deadline for 1.6L delivery.

although an uncle of mine is claiming to have some friendly contacts with showroom and has had obtained a 1.2L version within 1week (general waiting period 4months).. so if all goes well, i shall have the polo this month itself.

will get either Reflex Silver or Pepper Gray. I just need to see one Pepper Gray polo in real and that would consolidate the choice.

Quote is of 6.72L OTR in Navi Mumbai so expecting 7L hit on pocket after including accessories and luxuries.

yaay!!

thetoxicmind said:
Congrats! I'd choose Pepper Gray over Silver, just for some exclusivity. :p
heh

same here.

requested the sales people to give me a call as soon as they have any polo in pepper gray so that i can check it out in person.

Back