Car & Bike Old car sale and new car purchase suggestions...

The person who handled booking of my polo 1.6 was absent so went there and other personnel handled queries etc today.

went their with uncle for moral support :p

1stly i pointed out the mistake on the receipt, they corrected it and now i have all papers with proper signs and stamps.

They are saying that they received formal notice from VW about hault in production of polo 1.6 for 4months. Thus they are not taking any bookings.

They received the notice on 24th, i had booked on 21st.

They said that i will have to choose 1.2 or i can opt for vento if want 1.6L

So i asked, if they are cancelling my booking, why did they not approach me 1st regarding the same? why was it me who had to know it after having asked about the progress of my order.?

They do not have any answer for the same.

If i compare with vento Highline Vs Polo Highline then i would have to shell out 2+ L extra for the same, which im not interested in.

They are saying that they do not have a choice rightnow and they will try, on the other hand theyr tried pursuing me into buying 1.2 saying it would return better economy!! (as in that is something which is not obvious)

so on uncle's suggestion, i have asked them to give me in written that they are cancelling my booking and on what basis with proper reasoning :)

They have given me a commitment tme of 2months on my booking and that was after confirmation with their seniors. If things were not clear then they should not have taken booking amount for 1.6L

the typo on the receipt may have been indeed a typo but the disinterest in letting me know about unavailability/discontinuation makes me think otherwise.

i will not cancel on any condition and the written statement will never be produced by them if they dont want legal issues :) :D

after a few "arrangements", im supposed to get my polo 1.6L next week..

will try to get it for 10th OCT meet if i get it before that time :) :D

for now im just planning on leather seat covers, mats and a usb jack for provided stereo.

nothing extra on my mind as of yet. suggestions welcome.

my total accessories budget is ~20k

i dont want to spend on audio/video at the moment.

fckin morons.

the HR and ADmins over there didnt know i was talking about polo 1.6 althought that is what it reads all over my booking papers.

a lady at Admin/HR level was trying to pursue me into buying 1.2.. they have one which they can issue me right away.. but it is a red one.. and that to me means that they are chipkofying me their test drive vehicles.

when i said i want 1.6... idiot was suggesting vento or even jetta to me.. now jetta 1.6 costs twice than polo 1.6.

I'm very doubtful about their sensibility now. moronic suggestions.

One of the Admin/HR is friendly with uncle's contact who is a political figure, thus trying to adjust my booking at top of the stack.. but at the same time all of them are trying to suggest me getting polo 1.2 saying there is nothing different that the engine.. like that is something the customer is not aware of.

they said they will get polo 1.6 in december.. (and not for sure)

im going to stick to my 1.6 polo booking with dealer commitment of 2months.

totally disappointed and pissed off.

gonna start calling other VW dealers around mumbai to check if this is the same case about 1.6 with them.

^^
Calling up other dealers would be the best thing to do, in fact you should have done it already when they were claiming that the 1.6 is no longer manufactured. Also if you are willing to take the 1.2 car they are giving, you can see if it is a model manufactured last month, then it is pretty safe. But yea, try and get the 1.6 only if possible.

they are not claiming that is it our of production. that is what one of the salesperson did.

but in general they are expressing that it was a limited edition car and the production is on halt for 4months as they also have to assemble vento at chakan plant.

i had called one other VW dealer who was ready to take booking with 3months delivery time for both 1.2 and 1.6

It is like, you think alot over before making a jump to a higher specification, takes a lot of self-convincing..and then convincing self to downgrade becomes much harder :(

My other option now is punto 1.3 90ps but i dont want to buy fiat.

please if someone here from TBHP can confirm with TBHP members about the scenario for 1.6 in Mumbai.. then it would be really appreciated. thank you.

Polo 1.6 is very much in production...it's just that Dealer is trying to push a 1.2 to you. Don't go for it..
1.2 and 1.6 are as different as Hd4670 and Hd4870

Punto 1.3 90 is the next best thing (other than Palio 1.6 stile), arguably better handling than POLO, better looking.
Only problem is the After SS. (improving)
Performance wise Petrol engine of POLO is better.

BTW in three-four years down the line, you will get better Resale Value for Punto MJD1.3 90

geek ashish said:
Polo 1.6 is very much in production...it's just that Dealer is trying to push a 1.2 to you. Don't go for it..

1.2 and 1.6 are as different as Hd4670 and Hd4870

Punto 1.3 90 is the next best thing (other than Palio 1.6 stile), arguably better handling than POLO, better looking.

Only problem is the After SS. (improving)

Performance wise Petrol engine of POLO is better.

BTW in three-four years down the line, you will get better Resale Value for Punto MJD1.3 90
I will keep the car for 5 years at the least.

One of the sales person: "sir we can arrange 1.2 soon, please change your booking asap else 1.2 production may also go under halt..!!"

They better start hiring better sales executives imo :p

I'm staying put on my 1.6 booking. Dealer commitment expires on 20th Nov and then I will see what they have to say.

Will call all other VW dealers around mumbai to see they too follow the same business tactics..

Tapped on my Cell Fone using TapaTalk. :) Pardon me for any typos. :p

arun687 said:
^

Here it is. The response from T-bhp for your query.

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review - Page 134 - Team-BHP
thanks alot for posting there :)

the 1.6 was launched This September itself (official Ads i mean)

I will try to contact VW directly and confirm it again.

But, again, two dealers that i called in mumbai are accepting booking for it and are ready to deliver in 3months... i guess i can wait untill Nov for the production to resume even if it is actually on halt....

Mailed VW on Saturday 9th OCT 2010.

did not receive any reply yet so sent it again..

By the way, the mail had been sent AFTER having contacted their Toll Free number.. The CC on toll free suggested me to mail.

from navin <*********@gmail.com>

to customer.care@volkswagen.co.in

date Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 3:02 PM

subject Improper handling by dealer

mailed-by gmail.com

hide details Oct 9 (2 days ago)

Myself, *********.

I have Booked Polo 1.6L Petrol Highline (Pepper Gray) on 21st Sept 2010 after commitment from dealer of delivery within 2months time period.

But now dealer is trying to pursue me into buying polo 1.2 stating that 1.6 is out of productions.. (since 24th Sept 2010)

Although The sales people were very confident about providing me with 1.6L while booking.

They are saying that bookings for polo 1.6 is closed for 3-4 months and they do not know when they can provide the same.. In general, their behaviour gives a feeling toward their interest in selling 1.2 rather than 1.6L

They have tried to mis-guide me ever since the start is what i have realized.

Sales person claimed that they have sold around 15 polo 1.6L so far when booking of 1.6L was taken.

And now they are saying that they have sold only one polo 1.6L so far.

I have called other VW dealers around Mumbai and have come to realize that they all are still accepting bookings for polo 1.6L with 3month delivery commitment. Thus I am mailing you about unethical and unprofessional approach by this particular dealer.

I request you to look into the matter and respond to my issue and booking status.

My booking details are as the following:

Billing/Registration Address

Name of Customer: Mr. *********

Address: *********

Contact Numbers:

(R) *********

(M) *********

Car Details: Polo 1.6

Model: Petrol

Variant: Highline

Color Preference:

1. Paper Gray (U5)

2. Reflex Silver (8E)

Petrol

Booking Details:

Booking Amount: Rs.50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand Only)

Date: 21/09/2010

DD / Cheque No: *********

Ex-showroom Price: Rs.6,08,730/-

Insurance: Rs.48,311/-

Total: Rs.6,78,525/-

Dealer Details:

Dealer Name: KSM Motors PVT. LTD.

Address: Plot No. 45/46, sector 1, Nerul, Near Jui Nagar Railway Station, Navi Mumbai - 400706.

Dealer's Receipt No. 1491

I can send a scanned copy of all documents for further verification.

update:

a relative of dad's colleague works at chakan plant of VW and confirmed that production of VW Polo 1.6L P is not at all on halt.

It is low, 1 car or 2 a day but definitely not on halt.. will contact the dealer and see what more ass jackery comes up from their side now :no:

Their email support did not respond yet so called over Toll Free number listed on their site.

1stly, their support does not know what they are selling :p

The lady on phone denies that volkswagen does not have any 1.6 variant of polo in india... so i asked her to browse through volkswagen.co.in :p

after she was convinced, she asked me which model is it? Trendline/Comfortline/Highline? (There is only one model in 1.6.. Highline Petrol)

Again, Petrol or Diesel? (Again only Petrol :p)

Anyway, successfully lodged a complaint against the concerned dealer and she assured me of action within 48hours.

although i think she got my email address incorrectly.

Back