Old XEON builds possible in India?

BRUT

Disciple
Data centres sell their old XEONs or so I keep hearing from youtubers promoting old XEON builds. How feasible is it in India? Do you find the parts conveniently enough? are the prices reasonable? Has anybody done a build just for gaming?

Data centres sell their old XEONs or so I keep hearing from youtubers promoting old XEON builds. How feasible is it in India? Do you find the parts conveniently enough? are the prices reasonable? Has anybody done a build just for gaming?
Sell to whom, not to the public outside but might be to the vendor in buybacks or scrap vendors.

Those builds were way more common in the pre covid era because you could find decent processor-mobo-ram combos or individual components on AliExpress. Such builds are still feasible, but not really recommended for the latest titles, since almost all these xeons are basically 2nd 3rd or 4th Gen i5 equivalents.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually really really curious, cause the enterprise market is a huge one, and the number of items they move is insane when compared to the consumer contribution, especially in India. Where do all these products go when they get replaced? (Which I'm guessing is pretty soon for any half decent MNC)
Dont they end up on flipkart? old stuff on the cheap.

Getting a xeon cpu is easy the real problem is getting compatible board as new are very expensive , ecc ram and Chinese motherboard are cheap on aliexpress but as of right now there is a huge delay on shipping from China also customs are strict from china

I'm actually really really curious, cause the enterprise market is a huge one, and the number of items they move is insane when compared to the consumer contribution, especially in India. Where do all these products go when they get replaced? (Which I'm guessing is pretty soon for any half decent MNC)
Dont they end up on flipkart? old stuff on the cheap.

Look for E3 xeons on LGA 1150 platform. I had an E3 1245 v3 and it was a super stable system. Funnily enough I sold it back to the same guy whom I bought it from at 60% price after 3 years.

I have no idea of the reliability of this site but they appear to be selling refurbished Xeons. I was also looking for some 1150 Xeons and stumbled on it but have not yet made up my mind on whether the risk is worth it.

I have no idea of the reliability of this site but they appear to be selling refurbished Xeons. I was also looking for some 1150 Xeons and stumbled on it but have not yet made up my mind on whether the risk is worth it.
Legit but overpriced. I bought some old PC 133 SD RAM from there for my PIII retro rig. Received item in 48 hrs and it was well packed.

I am running asus x58 sabertooth with xeon x5670 cpu which is overclocked. I am running it with new rtx 3080. Gaming is wholly enjoyable on 4k. Some cpu intensive games do cause bottleneck though. 100fps on forza horizon 4 in 4k ultra setting is really some feat for a 10 yr old system. Its insane performance for me. I would recommend if you got an old motherboard. But building a new build is not recommended as you wont find these motherboards easily.

Back