Oneplus 9 pro. Would you pay more for Hasselblad branding?

I used a OP3 for 2.5 years till it fell in water. Had ordered within a few seconds of going on sale. Cost me 28k in 2016. Had a few issues like a poor wifi antenna and a finicky proximity sensor. But overall loved the device. Was snappy till the end. Got updates in reasonable time. Didn't buy the 6t at that time because it was around 40k and poco f1 was on sale. Even at the 40k price it was a tad too much. OP3, OP5 and OP6T all had significant off axis rainbowing. At around 28k-32k these things can be forgiven. Not at 60k.

Samsung rightly gets pilloried due to that overheating chip of theirs in S20 series. Oneplus will learn the hard way as well.

I'm not really sure OnePlus even makes sense to buy anymore. Their pricing is atrocious these days. As for the camera branding, from the images i have seen on the tech reviews, i can't say it makes sense. Most of the pictures seem a bit over saturated to me atleast.

It also does not look premium and like one of the reviewers said, it does miss out on quite a few things.

supposedly mi 11 ultra looks good ,not hyped about all the fancy things ,but that phone looks good and would feel chunky in hands , reminds me of nokia 920 ,925,1020 ,icon and the recent Huawei mate 30 (sexy phone) ,at least make sexy looking phones

Honestly, I would never pay more than 50k for any Android phone in India. Samsung phones are good & could command a higher premium but are totally let down by the Exonys SOCs in our market. Above this price I would rather have an iPhone if I am going to keep it for a long time or will stick within 15k-25k range Android phones & keep upgrading every other year.

Had a OnePlus 3 a while back but after a year or so the support kept getting worse & worse to the point that every update used to fix 2 things & break 3 other things. There were always some minor issues with that phone which were quite noticeable & made the overall experience pretty bad despite having solid hardware. These days its another story, prices are jacked up & software support has gone down the drain from what I can gather. They tried to be the Apple of android world, In terms of price only, but had no intentions of keeping up the support like Apple.

Honestly these phones make iPhone 12 seem like a better value product to me :banghead:.

Last edited:
The more I hear of One Plus shenanigans, the more I feel its just not worth it. While I am not so keen on the wireless charging, the lack of an OIS and the 5G bands does sound a bit nutty. One would assume if one buys a 50k and above phone, one should get these things as standard.

But then again, One Plus hasn't been a flagship killer phone for several generations now. Just a crazy higher level midrange phone with flagship level prices. Also their support the last few generations of phones has been spotty at best.

Personally, my sweet spot for an Android phone is between the 20k to 25k, after including the discounts and old phone exchange factored in. Anything above this on Android, in India is just throwing good money down the drain. I rather pick up a new phone every 18 odd months.

The reason for me to prefer OP over other phones is because it's developer friendly, more so in the earlier days than now. But still better than others. It was like the go-to after Nexus was dropped by Google but I agree, not at today's price point. The irony is even though I have a OP7t I've not haven't flashed any custom ROM on it yet [emoji849]. When I first bought it there weren't any, and now I'm just lazy to get back into it. It's similar to how overclocking is these days, not really needed but it's there if you pick the right phone with a good dev community. It can extend the longevity of the phone after the manufacturer decides to drop OS updates, and aftermarket ROMs can make the phone much smoother as it ages since it won't be bogged down by a bloated stock OS. This is for those who prefer a somewhat vanilla OS.

The reason for me to prefer OP over other phones is because it's developer friendly, more so in the earlier days than now. But still better than others. It was like the go-to after Nexus was dropped by Google but I agree, not at today's price point. The irony is even though I have a OP7t I've not haven't flashed any custom ROM on it yet [emoji849]. When I first bought it there weren't any, and now I'm just lazy to get back into it. It's similar to how overclocking is these days, not really needed but it's there if you pick the right phone with a good dev community. It can extend the longevity of the phone after the manufacturer decides to drop OS updates, and aftermarket ROMs can make the phone much smoother as it ages since it won't be bogged down by a bloated stock OS. This is for those who prefer a somewhat vanilla OS.
Exactly.

I bought Nexus 5 (16GB) in 2014 and within a year, I started having low storage problems. Even after removing everything, it would fill up pretty quick.

Then I got a very cheap LG G4 which i thought i would use after flashing Lineage but it wasn't the international variant. It didn't support bootloader unlock. Luckily it was pretty cheap. So I kept on using Nexus 5.

Then came OnePlus 5 which had everything I needed. Clean OS, sufficient storage, developer friendly. I bought 128GB. It served me well and now my dad is using it. I didn't even flash a single rom on it. Now I got OnePlus7Pro and I haven't flashed it as well. Never felt the need.

But now OnePlus is spiraling down the drain, not gonna buy another OnePlus phone.

Rooting/ custom roms in general is not what it used to be. You typically don’t see any daily driver capable roms for a couple years after the device is released - I’m finally getting some good roms such as pixenOS on my 6t since the past few months.

I feel like whenever I upgrade the 6t - only option is pixel series. Especially for someone like me that likes to tinker and have the latest software at all times

"You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain"
Did you just watch MKBHD's video on LG's mobile division shutting down?
In India, there are still some decent options with redmi, Xiaomi.
In this part of EU, we have nothing except Samsung, the overpriced OP, Pixel, few Motorola and Nokia models.
Yes, some stores have Xiaomi, but there's no ( or very very few) service centre. I managed to break K20 Pro's display, got it replaced by an independent repair store, now the in-display fingerprint scanner doesn't work.
Basically beside Pixel there's no midrange option. Even LG is gone now.

Last edited:
what a phone should have

1)loads of battery
2)Good Screen.
3) loud Speakers.
4) Good antennae design , i want radio without headphone
5)Stock android.
6)Small foot print a drop proof and water proof phone
7)A led at the top to use it as a torch
8) no finger print scanner
9) no slylus ,
10) no multiple set of lenses , put one good lens with OIS.

Did you just watch MKBHD's video on LG's mobile division shutting down?
In India, there are still some decent options with redmi, Xiaomi.
In this part of EU, we have nothing except Samsung, the overpriced OP, Pixel, few Motorola and Nokia models.
Yes, some stores have Xiaomi, but there's no ( or very very few) service centre. I managed to break K20 Pro's display, got it replaced by an independent repair store, now the in-display fingerprint scanner doesn't work.
Basically beside Pixel there's no midrange option. Even LG is gone now.

Haha I did - But in my defense - my post predates his video by quite some time -

Though honestly that statement has been used by many over the years so I can not take any credit for it at all (Even in this (Tech) context)

P.S. - A true hero in my mind was Essential (Andy Rubin's Phone Co) and is probably the only failed smartphone company I will give this tag to. Leads me to believe you either make a good phone or make $$ - It's not possible to have both

Last edited:
Back