Budget 30-40k Oneplus Community Sale in India

paraman

Adept
There is a community sale going on in India for 8th anniversary of Oneplus. Discount coupons, credit card discounts and great buyback offers on older OP phones. I am having a OP 7T Pro for the last 1 year or so. No major complaints except decreasing battery life and the curved screen. Wasn't aware of how difficult it is to apply tempered glass on curved screens what with having to use glue and UV light. Not a risk that I am willing to take.

So I just had a look around the OP store app and found that I can get almost Rs 23k to 25k as buyback price for my 7t pro, depending on which phone I buy. Now this amount is more than anything I can get on Cashify or OLX etc. So I am thinking of buying a new phone.

I shortlisted 3. The 9, 9R and Nord 2. The 9 pro is too costly and again has curved screen which I dont want.

Nord 2 is straight downgrade from my current phone. So it is the last choice. Cant decide between 9 and 9R.

The OP 9 is premium phone but lack of OIS and the plastic frame are serious drawbacks. I mean seriously, what was OP thinking while omitting OIS from the phone? Also even after the Hasselblad collab the photos are nowhere near Pixel or Iphone quality.

The 9R has OIS and premium build quality but ordinary cameras (as per youtube reviews).

So I am in a dilemma which one should I go for. Or whether I better continue with 7t pro.

If I am being totally honest, I wouldnt have thought of upgrading if Oneplus wasnt offering such great prices for older phones. I mean after all discounts and buyback I could get the 9 for Rs 12k and the 9R for just Rs 11k. It is too tempting an offer.

So I would highly appreciate if users of both phones kindly share their thoughts on their phones.

Thanks.

Iphones are actually much cheaper now comparatively to the last few years , on sales the XR which is still a good phone is available for as low as 27k with all added discounts , the battery life on that thing is amazing only downgrade I'd say is the screen is average since not an OLED. Talking about iphones being cheap , you can totally skip the current gen and always go for the last gen models , they have minimal upgrades either way
Yep. 27k is good price for XR if one can get 128 gb model.
Iphones are ahead of android by 1 or 2 generations in processing power, so going last gen or even 1 before it is not a issue.
Will keep an eye on future compact iphones with good battery as iphone se 2020 has sub par battery.
What are you even talking about dude ? I've been using motorola devices for almost 7-8 years now , they always receive updates for approximate ~ 3 years. Earlier maybe that was the case , but motorola has completely Revamped themselves , and personally would be getting the motorola edge 30 pro whenever it launches
Lucky fellow! Maybe they meant android updates as in 11->12 and not security updates.
Motorola used to be good under Google, the early moto Gs were great value for money.
They didn't even launch moto g 100 in India, that phone would have killed in 20k-30k segment with SD870 and bloat free rom.

Iphones are ahead of android by 1 or 2 generations in processing power
Not really. If anything they'd be completely average when running Android. The thing with Apple is the way , they mold their CPU and the software , together perfectly almost like a console. So they've perfect sync with one another and do not age terribly ( unless Apple deliberately slows your iPhone down through software upgrades but that's a different matter ) androids are well , different OEMs different flavours , so there's always a mismatch between them. With all those crappy UI from Chinese brands , the phone's definitely gonna hit the dead rock sooner then an iPhone

Back