Android OnePlus Nord is a "budget phone"

Lol don't forget these. Such huge turn offs for me!
IMG_6w3m4q.jpg

IMG_1hmwol.jpg

Tbh I was eagerly looking forward to this phone but shame it wasn't as good as I had hoped it to be.
One Plus is a weird company. They like to talk about innovation and shit like that but all they seem to do is copy. Ugly notch from Apple? Check! No earphone jack? Check! Let's not forget the earbuds or whatever it's called. They seem to have forgotten what made people love them in the first place. 1+1 anyone?
Also way too many shills in the tech community now. Influencers and so-called reviewers alike. Not going to touch it at 25k. I'll consider if the 30k model drops to sub 25k.
Anyway, I'm now waiting to see what google has in store for us with the 4a.

its a pretty neat phone imo. good pricing too, what your getting for 25k is a solid phone that will last you years and flagships worth twice aint got nothing in it. if its a budget or no, that varies from person to person, but its a steal for those that can afford.

They seem to have forgotten what made people love them in the first place. 1+1 anyone?

This is exactly what i was remembering. The 1 was called 'giant killer' etc. and provided true value compared to the likes of samsung etc. But this is just getting ridiculous. A 1/4 lakh phone is called budget. Next an octavia will be called a budget sedan because it's cheaper than an s-class.

Yep, they have gone greedy. One can get flagship chipset at lesser price

Eg. I use k20pro bought for 24k with 855 chipset..
Oled - check
Full screen - check
Dev support - check (rocking pixel rom now with all featured)
Camera - OnePlus may have an edge
Storage - 6/128gb

I have stopped looking at OnePlus post One plue 2 .. they are giving 6/64 gb config for 25k .. lmao

They overhyped this one a bit too much with all those leaks and paid articles and a documentary to boot, instead BBK went ahead and released a rebadged Realme X3.
They should've gone with a cheaper chipset and made it sub 20k, what's the point of having a 5G phone when there isn't a single tower in the country.

Also way too many shills in the tech community now.

Now ? It's been like that for the last couple of years, they don't even hide it anymore.

Last edited:

Oled - check
Full screen - check
Storage - 6/128gb

I have stopped looking at OnePlus post One plue 2 .. they are giving 6/64 gb config for 25k .. lmao
That is one damn good phone. It also has 2-Band GPS .. very accurate in navigation.

?
is it not a good phone? seems ok to me on paper
No one said it was a bad phone. The original point of this discussion was the price. Is it a good phone? Yes. Is it worth the money? Probably not to many.

Oled - check
Full screen - check
Storage - 6/128gb

I personally love clean stock Android which is why I've bought only Moto phones over the years viz E1, E2, G3, G5+. My dad got that entry level Redmi coz of the Android Go. I never like the UI of other Chinese brands. Xiaomi's MIUI, VIVO, Oppo etc etc. If they were more open to the idea of offering a clean phone I'll definitely consider them.
They should've gone with a cheaper chipset and made it sub 20k, what's the point of having a 5G phone when there isn't a single tower in the country.
OnePlus and gimmicks are a match made in heaven. Well the 5G technically may not be a "gimmick" but as you said we don't need it here right now and we don't know when the govt will even introduce it in India. But OnePlus is marketing this as a "future proof" phone so I guess that kinda makes it a gimmick?
Now ? It's been like that for the last couple of years, they don't even hide it anymore.
Oh it was more of a general expression than in a literal sense. I've also stopped watching them for sometime now. Speaking of reviews did you guys hear about "geekyranjit"? He indirectly alleged that he was blacklisted by OnePlus lol. Apparently they wouldn't send him a sample and when asked he said they gave him "lame replies" which I think meant templated replies for denying review sample.

Last edited:
On a bit of a side note, but doesn't new 1+ feels very similar to latest phone Reno from Oppo. The similarity is there. Even heard Marques (MKBHD) stating the same in his review.

No one said it was a bad phone. The original point of this discussion was the price. Is it a good phone? Yes. Is it worth the money? Probably not to many.

Okay tell me a better phone that at least doesn't cost twice as much

K20Pro? Sure it's a good phone, has a better SoC (but i firmly believe 765G is more than sufficient for everyday tasks). Also K20Pro comes with miui which is bloated as hell.

I really wanna buy this but I'm gonno wait for pixel 4a, hopefully that comes under 35k

Okay tell me a better phone that at least doesn't cost twice as much

K20Pro? Sure it's a good phone, has a better SoC (but i firmly believe 765G is more than sufficient for everyday tasks). Also K20Pro comes with miui which is bloated as hell.

I really wanna buy this but I'm gonno wait for pixel 4a, hopefully that comes under 35k
That's the beauty of dev support.. k20pro with pixel rom and everything works beautifully. I am currently on it and it is awesome, even recorder with translation features work

I can't find a reason to justify 25k for 6/64 gb for Nord..

I currently use an Asus 5z 8/256 which i bought in december for 17.5k after i dropped my redmi4 and broke the screen. It's what could be called a budget flagship. And probably the biggest issue i have with it is the lack of full blown dev support. there is some stuff happening but it's way below par.

I currently use an Asus 5z 8/256 which i bought in december for 17.5k after i dropped my redmi4 and broke the screen. It's what could be called a budget flagship. And probably the biggest issue i have with it is the lack of full blown dev support. there is some stuff happening but it's way below par.
But isn't the Asus skin very minimal. I have been eyeing Asus 6z for some time now and it was available for 22.5k in January sales.

OnePlus Nord has a plastic frame. I am wondering why JerryRigEverything hasn't posted his durability test video yet. He has got his hands on the device as he has collaborated with dbrand to produce the skin.

But isn't the Asus skin very minimal. I have been eyeing Asus 6z for some time now and it was available for 22.5k in January sales.

The zenui is pretty decent, i'm still on pie, heard loads of performance etc. issues on 10. It has loads of settings too. But one major annoyance for me is the in-call screen only shows the name, not the number either on incoming or outgoing calls. didn't look at the 6 because it was too big. 5z itself was pushing it.

On a bit of a side note, but doesn't new 1+ feels very similar to latest phone Reno from Oppo. The similarity is there. Even heard Marques (MKBHD) stating the same in his review.
Also this. Should it be obvious by now that the Nord is just a rebrand with minor tweaks?
Screenshot_20200723-182551~3.png

Also a funny thing, Flipkart seems to feel threatened by the Nord seeing their ad lol

IMG_s82kyk.jpg

Post automatically merged:

Is that still available? In the last two times I checked, the price rose by 2999rs (I think) because one version which was available for 23999 then thanks to the increased GST the cost went up to 27999 or so. Then the other time it was no longer available. Had I known that 22.5k would be the best price I might have bought it then. Waiting game wasn't a good idea. :/

Last edited:
Is that still available? In the last two times I checked, the price rose by 2999rs (I think) because one version which was available for 23999 then thanks to the increased GST the cost went up to 27999 or so. Then the other time it was no longer available. Had I knew 22.5k would be the best price I might have also bought it then. Waiting game wasn't a good idea. :/

Actually original price was 27999. They decreased price to 23999 for that sale and there was a card discount of 1500 as well so that made the price 22.5k. I don't think it has come back in stock since then. I didn't buy it then because I was thinking of picking it up used on OLX for 16-18k. But I couldn't travel to Delhi, where most of the pieces were available, and then the lockdown happened.

Back