Online Sites Delivering to India and Related Issues

Hmm... Seems to be a grey market product then. Any idea what's the scenario here in India for a grey market G3? Thanks.

No real demand for the G3. Someone was selling imported G3s for around 33k over here at TE. They are the Sprint model and unlocked for GSM by rooting the phone and changing a few files. If you want one PM me.

Thanks for the replies guys. Missed the notifications for this thread somehow. Will ask my better half what she thinks about it. Trying to source a phone for her.

Recently I made an purchase of HP aio thru ishop international, I sent them URL, and all details and they sent me quote, ,and I made payment.
Now they call me and say item weight is more than quoted and I should pay diff.

Hi Sir,

Product has reached Mumbai warehouse, but the shipping weight is more compared what quote was provided.

The difference amount is Rs.1631 request you to make the payment.

We appreciate your cooperation.

Regards, Team i Shop.

What do I do now?

Recently I made an purchase of HP aio thru ishop international, I sent them URL, and all details and they sent me quote, ,and I made payment.
Now they call me and say item weight is more than quoted and I should pay diff.

Hi Sir,

Product has reached Mumbai warehouse, but the shipping weight is more compared what quote was provided.

The difference amount is Rs.1631 request you to make the payment.

We appreciate your cooperation.

Regards, Team i Shop.

What do I do now?
I'm afraid you have no choice but to pay up if you dont want your money and time to go waste. If you ordered on amazon, they have a shipping weight listed for pretty much every item they sell

I'm afraid you have no choice but to pay up if you dont want your money and time to go waste. If you ordered on amazon, they have a shipping weight listed for pretty much every item they sell

I spoke over phone and emailed them too, I told them I will not pay for their mistakes.(item wt was 19 lbs, they charged me for 10lbs). They finally relented and shipped the package to me.

On amazon site it was around 350$., whereas on pro vantage we purchased for 253$.

Last edited:
Do we have to pay any tax besides the listed price, if we buy something from geb.ebay.in?
And what if I receive a damaged item?
AFAIK, the price listed on Geb is all inclusive, so nothing more to be paid over the listed price. But my experience is from about 2-3 years ago. So just wait for someone else to confirm.
As for damaged items, the regular procedure of raising a dispute with ebay.in should apply. The transaction, iinm, is for all practical purposes, as if you've purchased something locally from ebay.in.

Do we have to pay any tax besides the listed price, if we buy something from geb.ebay.in?
And what if I receive a damaged item?
tried to buy a Burst from geb a few years ago through someone. got a piece with cracked display and lots of scratches. seller asked if I could keep it and refund 2k. it was supposed to be a NEW piece. returned the item. never used geb ever since.

tried to buy a Burst from geb a few years ago through someone. got a piece with cracked display and lots of scratches. seller asked if I could keep it and refund 2k. it was supposed to be a NEW piece. returned the item. never used geb ever since.

Did you pay the listed price only?
And did you pay for the return shipping?
And was the seller new or real old? I see geb.ebay.in has sellers with a good amount of feedback. Mostly in thousands and with 98+ positive feedback

Did you pay the listed price only?
And did you pay for the return shipping?
And was the seller new or real old? I see geb.ebay.in has sellers with a good amount of feedback. Mostly in thousands and with 98+ positive feedback
yes return shipping was paid. Im not sure about the ID, must be the old one as it was a long time ago in 2010.

no, geb returns are to be made to mumbai ebay address.. and return shipping amount is paid by ebay.. i received cheque of the amount incurred in courier.. but it was way back in 2009. whats the process now, i do not know, coz return not required..

Guess I have to take a leap of faith and hope I don't get damaged goods.;)
But seriously, has no one returned items on geb in past few weeks/months?

One last thing. How much did you pay for the return shipping? Did you pay according to the weight? I am guessing it was to US. Right?
Not US, I believe it was an Indian address else he would have raged on me lol. Not sure how he did it or how much he paid for the returns though. It was a really long time ago so...

Back