Optimus Net OR HTC Explorer

mdums

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?
A: 10k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: LG, HTC or Samsung

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A:Camera upto 3.2MP

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Single sim enough

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Optimus Net or HTC

Guys Please advice on Optimus Net or HTC Explorer
There is a huge debate on both these phones and Optimus looks better(my personal view). But still there are mixed coments for both. Let me know which is better.
Also provide any links for best deals for this new year among the two phones.

@ OP, you got two options. Choose what you want:

Optimus Net for:

- Autofocus Camera (both are 3.15MP)

- 150MB Internal Storage v/s 90MB of Explorer

Explorer for:

- Flash on browser

- Faster Processor(cortex A5) and Graphics

- Much lighter and more compact than Optimus Net

- Capacitive Touch Controls

- Default Video Player supports (XviD/MP4/H.264/H.263/WMV) compared to (MP4/H.264/H.263) of Optimus Net

I had a go with the Optimus Net today. It was fast and fluid, although the screen didn't look as good as the Explorer's, the phone is good in itself. The hardware buttons are nice to use, although I find it ugly (a personal opinion), but the camera is decent and Go-Ex Launcher works without any lags.

Used the Explorer, doesn't need Go-Ex launcher for one, the widgets are far better, but that again is a personal opinion.

Your choice. Both are great phones.

Well I think the op just wanted an opinion regarding which phone to buy and this thread ended up being a debate on sense vs lg ui . I don't think he cares so much about the launcher , and anyway he can change it if he wishes.
@ op
Both phones are good. If possible have a dekho at your nearest mobile shop. Lastly , if your city does not have an htc service centre , get the optimus. Htc is slightly better in specs but in imho with regard to service and after care lg is best among the mobile companies. Also traditionally htc devices have had poor battery life. And explorer has gen 1 snapdragon , so no new wonders expected.

. Also traditionally htc devices have had poor battery life. And explorer has gen 1 snapdragon , so no new wonders expected.

Wasn't that the Desire? Now we are marking all HTC phones as bad.

Seriously, in one thread I see people ranting about LG, and in another it's HTC, Samsung gets it all. Whereas you should totally check out the 12 hour battery life my friend gets with his S2.

And explorer has gen 1 snapdragon , so no new wonders expected.

Well only in comparison to Net's processor, it's ahead.

[OT]
That's the main point. Explorer soc is based on desire. Yes it is clocked lower and also it has a smaller screen to power vis-a-vis desire. So battery life should be better then desire. But then again desire had a 6 hours running time. And yes, most htc phones have a worse battery life then other androids. The list includes desire, desire hd, sensation, and htc hero, etc. The 1st one and last one I have used personally.

Correction there on the camera:

Optimus Net:

- Autofocus Camera

- VGA @ 24fps

Explorer:

- 720x480 (480p) @ 24fps

Regarding the battery life:

The simplicity of the HTC Explorer is to thank for the good battery life you can eke out of it if you're not hammering the Wi-Fi every day. It's supplied with a Li-Ion 1230mAh battery, and even with a quoted talk time of around seven hours, we found it actually fared better than that with heavy usage.

Having used maps, a good dose of 3G internet and intermittent film watching with texts and a couple of calls thrown in for good measure, we could leave it until the morning to top up on battery power.

Sure, if you're going to be using the Wi-Fi every day it'll need at least one charge per day, but most new smartphone users will probably be able to get a couple of days out of a full charge.

HTC Explorer review: Battery life and connectivity | from TechRadar's expert reviews of Mobile phones

aka911 said:
Well I think the op just wanted an opinion regarding which phone to buy and this thread ended up being a debate on sense vs lg ui . I don't think he cares so much about the launcher , and anyway he can change it if he wishes.

@ op

Both phones are good. If possible have a dekho at your nearest mobile shop. Lastly , if your city does not have an htc service centre , get the optimus. Htc is slightly better in specs but in imho with regard to service and after care lg is best among the mobile companies. Also traditionally htc devices have had poor battery life. And explorer has gen 1 snapdragon , so no new wonders expected.

Strongly disagree about their customer service. I researched over a month before I bought my defy and My choice was LG o1 mainly because I have seen the box, written flash support about it. Later I discovered a thread in official LG community forum, that they are selling O1 only in India in a box highlighted as it has flash support, where it doesn't, and even their site administrator (who is LG representative) doesn't have a clue about it. and it was also mentioned that, when people called LG customer care, they came to know that they didn't had any service for O1.

So choose it on what you like, compare the pro's and cons on things what you cant see right away with a demo, and other things like display, cam etc watch it with your naked eye.

@o.p,stay away from htc,I have not used explorer but had some of their flagships models(hd2,desire,desire hd),they had two things in common

1.All of them had very bad batteries.

2.Music quality was piss poor(much,much worse than gs2...I guess you can imagine how bad)

Those who are satisfied with s.q of htc have no freakin idea,how good a mobile phone can sound(eg,GalaxyS with Voodoo,or N8)

Regarding Sense u.i,

It is a matter of personal preference,and usually most users get bored within a month or two.

As a matter of fact there are much better no-nonsense launchers available for free(which are more functional and battery friendly than Sense)

Actually bringing up the Sense u.i in every htc vs.non htc android is pointless.

There is one area where htc is ahead of lg or Samsung,it is NOT the build quality,but the official SW update.

Guys i really really appreciate for the huge comments and debate that was going on between Optimus net and Explorer. I apologise for the very late reply to my post. After all the valuable comments , i sticked to purchasing LG Optimus net. Luckily i got a chance to look both phone users and decided in favour of LG. Both are great phones but LG looked better in battery life, processing speed looked good in LG right from switching the phone ON simulataenously and also upto using the same applications in both phones. Again LG looked good.

Overall LG optimus net looked one step ahead of HTC Explorer!!!

Thanks again everyone for all the comments!

Back