Options to get stuff shipped from China...Lets discuss

Can anyone tell me if gst no is needed and current account needed for importing from china! Some guy in yt mentioned something about that. Does it help?
In future, I may setup repairing shop for mobile and currently researching a way to import from china. But that is my backup plan.

great, $100 for 30kgs weight is really good. can you dm me the shipping agent profile.
Updated In main post at end.
He sure got lucky. The 30 kg package alone would feel suspicious.
What is the rate per kg for sea shipping usually?
Not lucky. He has got packaged upto 15 kg from ups from china and undervalued and escaped with minimal city.
The thing is, in xray, they would not raise suspicion as it is literally pieces of plastic and some paper(instruction). Hence I mentioned that you cannot escape this if you order electronics etc.

Last edited:
So Fedex is charging around 100% duties for a declared value of 21usd, the tax is Rs 1800 plus. This is day light robbery similar to DHL, UPS.
drop them a mail ask them about the breakup of charges AFAIK 1k they take straight for clearance charges [ non negotiable] now for 21 usd you will be charged 840 customs + 1000 [add 100 gst as well] so total will be 1800 something..

Yes. But probability of customs opening package may increase. My 300 gms fake lego package was opened and resealed by customs and assessed value was increased by about 3 usd.
never had these issue as well I still dont get how you guys end up paying customs this much.

For both FedEx and DHL, clearance charges are fixed for a single shipment, whether it's $10 or $1000. It's for this reason I stopped using them and switched to EMS/Post many years ago.

Back before the Aliexpress, I used consolidate shipments with MyUS and ship with DHL. Clearance charges were around 500, those were good days.

drop them a mail ask them about the breakup of charges AFAIK 1k they take straight for clearance charges [ non negotiable] now for 21 usd you will be charged 840 customs + 1000 [add 100 gst as well] so total will be 1800 something..

never had these issue as well I still dont get how you guys end up paying customs this much.

Here is the breakup of the 32Kg package I mentioned.
Seems ₹800 + Nirmala tax is the advancement charge. To be honest, in such a situation, I wont mind paying it because it is even ridiculous to think that I could escape with a under ₹1000 customs (not considering advancement charge) for a 32 kg package.
My biggest concern is that here the port of entry Is Bangalore. Compared to them I am sure Mumbai customs are worst of worst who even decided to screw me On a 300 gms plastic pieces package and charge duty and even reassessed the invoice amount.

I would really want someone here who has contact in customs explain how the FedEx / ups packages are treated.

Attachments

• IMG_0675.jpeg
    IMG_0675.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 19
Back