Options to get stuff shipped from China...Lets discuss

I was trying to source lifepo4 cells for making an inverter battery back from alibaba. But no seller ships to india without agent. They ask for shipping agent.
And one shipping agent I got in touch asked for 15k per cbm for a 16k inverter. And the same gootu inverter seller could ship to india DDP for 35k. Same inverter is branded as musclegrid and sold for 65k in India.
I don't mind paying genuine import duty and tax with lower shipping fee for the cells.
Could anyone give advice for finding a cheap and genuine shipping agent?
can you share the product link, weight and details? i can check with my agent.

is it same on alibaba? what is the weight? quantity?
The weight of each cell is 5.5kg. Dimensions - 207.5*72*173.7mm. Will need 16 cells to make a standard 48v battery. So it'll 88-90 kg without packaging.
the sea shipping was about $7-8 per kg from my agent, so i think your forwarder may be charging less.
$7-8 excluding customs, right?. Have they imported LiFePO4 cells earlier? Because there is some BIS certification rule that each cell needs to undergo once it lands in India, AFAIK this certification is mandatory for the cells to be transported within India.

can you share the product link, weight and details? i can check with my agent.
LIFEPO4 ALIBABA In India there is highstar brand available for Rs.2500 for one 3.2v cell of 100Ah sold by local sellers. I only see those in youtube. But I don't know what kind of grade and quality those cells are. In alibaba I am interested in 100ah cells like the link I posted to make one 24v 100ah battery (8 cells).
The 7-8$ per kilo is a liitle costly for shipping.
100ah is around 2.4kg per cell (220*130*40mm per cell).
I didn't know about the bis certification rules as mentioned by @JMP.
Thinking it might be better to go with the Indian sellers. But if there is cost effective option, then please let me know.
(sorry for the late reply. I could have replied yesterday but got a little sick. And got the time just now)

I am not aware with the certification, would be better to get it in touch with local shipping agents. the price i was given for electronics containing battery which would be already high as per weight and product type. so i can't help in this. the company seems to no.1 seller.

i am also interested in getting a 12v 200ah/100ah setup. if we buy, which inverter will work with this?

I am not aware with the certification, would be better to get it in touch with local shipping agents. the price i was given for electronics containing battery which would be already high as per weight and product type. so i can't help in this. the company seems to no.1 seller.

i am also interested in getting a 12v 200ah/100ah setup. if we buy, which inverter will work with this?
There is transformer based inverter and transformerless (high frequency switching inverter).
In India, local ones are transformers based. In china, high frequency ones is popular due to their efficiency. Both has pros and cons.
To use 12v 100ah with any inverter, you have to know the charging voltage and discharging characteristics of the inverter and battery.
For lifepo4, to get maximum lifecycle, it is recommended to charge it at 3.45v per cell i.e 13.8V for 4S cell. I think max it can take is 3.65V per cell or 14.6V for normal charging from 0-100%. So, if inverter can charge it at that voltage then you'll be fine. If higher voltage comes, then bms will cut it off. Whether bms will step down 15v to 14.4v or cut off charge is another matter. I don't know about this.

Local inverters charge at 15A. But lifepo4 can handle much more than than.

Normal lead acid inverter cuts off the inverter at 10.5v (10.7V). For lifepo4 4S 10v is 0% charge (see voltage and charge chart of lifepo4).

Just like mobile keeping it at 10-90% charge gives more cycles.

Better buy inverter with good service support and lifepo4 and lead acid support. I prefer the ones where you can set the voltages according to your liking.

Hi, I have been reading through all the pages and I want to import mostly toys and some plastic gel blaster gun. Whats the probability that these will get flagged in customs?

Side note: All new to this. Was planning to apply for IEC and BIS.

that's crazy amount
Hi, I have been reading through all the pages and I want to import mostly toys and some plastic gel blaster gun. Whats the probability that these will get flagged in customs?

Side note: All new to this. Was planning to apply for IEC and BIS.
toys without magnet and battery have no issue at all. rare chances of getting it flagged. also depends on quantity.

that's crazy amount

toys without magnet and battery have no issue at all. rare chances of getting it flagged. also depends on quantity.
Ah got it so even if I buy these without batteries in bulk lets say 50 piece, I wouldn't require to have an IEC or BIS. Any suggestions on how to get those with electronics through customs without paying exorbitant charges.

Ah got it so even if I buy these without batteries in bulk lets say 50 piece, I wouldn't require to have an IEC or BIS. Any suggestions on how to get those with electronics through customs without paying exorbitant charges.
you will be fine with 50pieces or even 100 with about 50% custom, however would recommend using business for this. personal quantity should be around 5-10 is recommended. this also depends on toy/package size.

Back