Options to get stuff shipped from China...Lets discuss

Recieved yet another product from banggood worth 25$, again no customs charged delivered in flat 12 days. Once more high value product 150$ in transit via fedex. i will update once i recieve them
The 150 usd product you purchased will be charged customs, I can assure you that. Only way I can see that not happening is if it's not actually declared 150, but fedex or any big western postal service charge customs no matter what.

The 150 usd product you purchased will be charged customs, I can assure you that. Only way I can see that not happening is if it's not actually declared 150, but fedex or any big western postal service charge customs no matter what.
Fedex are not postal service. They are a private courier. There is no way for them to avoid customs without paying fines themselves. If India post doesn't charge customs, they are not in trouble, but if Fedex does that they will be charged heavy penalty. So, there is no way that you will not be charged customs if shipped via Fedex.

Any recommendations for a freight forwarding company for getting a small $20 brush from amazon US.

I have used PPOBox way back when duty on phones was 7-8%, they used to collect custom+shipping charges in advance and manage everything themselves. They are now quoting $25 duty+shipping for a $20 item so want to see if there are cheaper alternatives.

Product - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F04HRP6/

checked with ibhejo also, they're also quoting a similar price ~$20 for shipping and customs

Last edited:
Customs is so much hit and miss. I got a small architecture skyline lego (fake) through pandabuy and it cost me legit around Rs. 800 or so and shipping was around Rs. 450 or so and I declared it $12 or so and still customs re-evaluated it at $15 and charged customs on it.

I received the product today and i paid 700rs(340 customs+360IGST) for customs as declared value was low and 1000(800+~200GST) for fedex charge for clearing customs

Customs is so much hit and miss. I got a small architecture skyline lego (fake) through pandabuy and it cost me legit around Rs. 800 or so and shipping was around Rs. 450 or so and I declared it $12 or so and still customs re-evaluated it at $15 and charged customs on it.
I had asked the seller to declare value as 50$, but i see it was declared as 10$ and i am not sure on what basis they charge duty

Trying to order from alibaba, a cheap ~Rs.8000 switch and they are trying to declare it as a price of Rs.2000, any other stuff do I have to know? What payment do they accept? Which courier will handle it in India?

Trying to order from alibaba, a cheap ~Rs.8000 switch and they are trying to declare it as a price of Rs.2000, any other stuff do I have to know? What payment do they accept? Which courier will handle it in India?
You need to discuss that with the seller, you can't directly buy from alibaba, like other ecommerce site. You can pay using paypal

Don't know if anyone has heard but pandabuy has been raided.

Some updates afaik is pandabuy are giving some sort of excuses and bs saying that some staff have returned and what not. In all honesty tho most people are saying pandabuy is basically gone so chargeback anything you've bought with them (Albeit keep plenty of proof)

This is just to inform if anyone has anything in the pandabuy/wegobuy warehouse (although I don't think anyone here currently is)

Seeing that most of y'all are buying from places like ebay, agents are unnecessary unless you really can't find it anywhere else. Yanwen line shipping seems to work really well as many of you've stated before that it goes to some clearance agent here in India (even mine went through them but I forgot the name, was mentioned in this thread)

There's also freight forwarders like delivo but it's best you check the thread on r/repfamindia and find out if they accept small tidbits or electronics.

yes

now for customs just tell your alibaba/ aliexpress seller to share you a undervalue bill thats it and you are set you share that bill to your freight forwarder and they will present it to customs you dont need to do anything.

SNS is taken care by aramex, their indian delivery by delivery.
Buy and ship uses yanwen express for china to india and bluedart for end user delivery

will anyday prefer shop and ship just pay a lifetime fees of 88rs and you get their membership, buy and ship is a bit costly in terms of shipping if you plan to order heavy items.

This price is for how heavy of a shipment and is there any other charge apart from this. Like how much extra does one pays if buying a small router and if one doesn't have idea about it's weight nd dimensions.
if its from china use shop and ship only they just charge on actual weight, voumetric weight is not taken but with buy and ship its taken.

now for charges you pay exactly the amount shown on shop and ship website, add 700 for custom clearance [ charged by aramex or any courier you use]
and at last add customs that you pay.

trust me its very easy now, ping me if you need any help.

Last edited:
if its from china use shop and ship only they just charge on actual weight, voumetric weight is not taken but with buy and ship its taken.

now for charges you pay exactly the amount shown on shop and ship website, add 700 for custom clearance [ charged by aramex or any courier you use]
and at last add customs that you pay.

trust me its very easy now, ping me if you need any help.
Okh, so how much cheap is it from ordering on alibaba now not aliexpress directly versus using shop nd ship.

Back