Order cancelled but product delivered

Status
Not open for further replies.
A similar issue happened to me when I sold an item on eBay. I use eBay PowerShip to send packages and the tracking number & label is auto generated. The Fedex person picked up the package promptly but for some reason the tracking status wasn't updated, since the whole thing is automated and the tracking number wasn't live, the package wasn't marked as shipped on eBay. I couldn't trace the package at all for two days, I called eBay, Fedex, the pickup person. Then I emailed the buyer and explained the situation and he immediately replied back saying that the package was delivered the next day itself but with a slightly different tracking number, two digits were interchanged! :p (Which I later figured out was due to the bar code on the label which wasn't printed properly ;)) Informed the same to eBay logistics and they manually updated the status and processed my payment.

The buyer was very co-operative and helped me resolve the issue. He could have said the package never reached him as the tracking number in the system was wrong and not working. I am not saying this is what happened here, but such situations do happen so don't blindly blame the seller! :)

didn't go thru the entire thread, so don't know what you finally did.

my suggestion would be to inform the seller for what happened at your end and let them run after you for money/product, like the way you chased them.

While I am not sure I am pretty certain the seller gave you a fake AWB purposely just to avoid the deadline of ebay. Not a nice trick as I have had instances in the past where sellers have PMed me requesting me to extend the shipping date due to stock issues which I had consented to on both occasions.

So the seller has been playing a bit dirty with you but he really did ship the product in the end so he wasn't trying to completely cheat you.

I feel contacting the seller via email should be enough. If he doesn't read his mails then keep the phone and let it be a lesson to him to listen to his customers.

Don't worry about the seller.. he can obtain his remittance by providing POD to ebay. I had some charge back issues when I was a seller. ebay asked me to provide PoD's and I got the money. (and I guess buyer must'hv also got the money+item as his chargeback was approved that's why the notice. so ebay india will be at loss. not the seller.

Which I think Ebay deserve it. I personally hate them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back