Car & Bike OTR price - Vehicle (Car) .

We have a Toyota Etios Liva, and Toyota offers cashless facility only for ICICI Lombard, Iffco Tokio, Cholamandalam and United India Insurance. Now, unless I take the policy from the dealer, I do not get the cash less facility or insurance is unavailable for my model directly
from the insurance company hence I am forced to take the policy from the dealer at a premium.

I was getting a much better deal from Bajaj Allianz, but it has no tie up with the workshop, so I will have to handle everything related to insurance myself if at all I need to make a claim. Is it wise to take such a policy?

@agantuk

This is rubbish, research more and you will find cashless is available irrespective of whether you take it from the dealer or directly.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is rubbish, research more and you will find cashless is available irrespective of whether you take it from the dealer or directly.

As I said, only the 4 insurance companies have cashless facility for Toyota. And I did research but

1. ICICI - The specific car variant is not available in their database when approached directly.

2. United India Insurance - This one I didn't check as they didn't have any online portal and I don't think their rate would be competitive.

3. IffkoTokio - I can get normal insurance policy directly with cashless facility, but I wanted 0% depreciation addon for which their online sales team asked me to contact their local office who in turn directed me to contact the dealer.

4. Cholamandalam - I did check with them and their direct policy is not cashless at Toyota. My current policy is with Cholamandalam but they didn't offer cashless facilty as I got it directly.

If you can point me to some info which says otherwise it would be very helpful.

PS - Don't just assume sufficient research wasn't done. :p

As I said, only the 4 insurance companies have cashless facility for Toyota. And I did research but

1. ICICI - The specific car variant is not available in their database when approached directly.

2. United India Insurance - This one I didn't check as they didn't have any online portal and I don't think their rate would be competitive.

3. IffkoTokio - I can get normal insurance policy directly with cashless facility, but I wanted 0% depreciation addon for which their online sales team asked me to contact their local office who in turn directed me to contact the dealer.

4. Cholamandalam - I did check with them and their direct policy is not cashless at Toyota. My current policy is with Cholamandalam but they didn't offer cashless facilty as I got it directly.

Which is the specific car variant ?

And sometimes you have to be more persistent, that is why I prefer to have an insurance agent who does all the leg work and gets me what I need. If you need someone in Chennai msg me your specific requirement and contact and he will get in touch with you. But do remember I give them my business for the trouble they take on my behalf.

Good to see Lot of information, personal experiences, experience of colleagues and feedbacks on insurance are flowing in.

If any one is member of team-bhp or if anyone can post a thread on Tbhp. Or auto experts help with break up on road price calculation. Pls let me know am I letting the dealer rob me.

I'm trying acquire enough information to help me negotiation for better bargain.

I am in the market for Toyota liva too . What model are you buying and what discounts are you getting ?

I am in for the Petrol G model

If any one is member of team-bhp or if anyone can post a thread on Tbhp. Or auto experts help with break up on road price calculation. Pls let me know am I letting the dealer rob me.

I'm trying acquire enough information to help me negotiation for better bargain.

There are lot of teambhp members here (including me).
Who is an auto expert according to you? I have already given you the clear breakup of how the on road price is arrived at.
Invoice price + Registration expenses (which includes Raod Tax @ 10% of invoice value + Road safety tax + Registration charges) + insurance + Dealer's commission (so called service charge) for Registration + extended warranty cost (if any availed) + accessories cost (most of the dealers add some basic accessories by default and charge) + Endorsement of HP (fee is Rs. 125), this applies only if the vehicle is bought in loan.
In my previous calculation, I have not included the extended warranty (around 3k for dezire, if I am not wrong), accessories price and the HP endorsement fee.

I am not sure whats preventing you from getting the break up from the dealer first.
Get the breakup from your dealer.

If you are still not convinced about the road rax %, check the govt website:
Road tax:
http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/t8.html

Raod safety tax:
http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/t12.html

Procedure and Registration charges:
http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/eng cc/rc2.html

HP endorsement
http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/eng cc/rc5.html

If you are still not convinced, visit a nearest RTO and ask about the Road tax and registration charge part.

I would again advice you to get the break up from your dealer first and then take it further.

There are lot of teambhp members here (including me).
Who is an auto expert according to you? I have already given you the clear breakup of how the on road price is arrived at.
Invoice price + Registration expenses (which includes Raod Tax @ 10% of invoice value + Road safety tax + Registration charges) + insurance + Dealer's commission (so called service charge) for Registration + extended warranty cost (if any availed) + accessories cost (most of the dealers add some basic accessories by default and charge) + Endorsement of HP (fee is Rs. 125), this applies only if the vehicle is bought in loan.
In my previous calculation, I have not included the extended warranty (around 3k for dezire, if I am not wrong), accessories price and the HP endorsement fee.

I am not sure whats preventing you from getting the break up from the dealer first.
Get the breakup from your dealer.

If you are still not convinced about the road rax %, check the govt website:
Road tax:
http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/t8.html

Raod safety tax:
http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/t12.html

Procedure and Registration charges:
http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/eng cc/rc2.html

HP endorsement
http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/eng cc/rc5.html

If you are still not convinced, visit a nearest RTO and ask about the Road tax and registration charge part.

I would again advice you to get the break up from your dealer first and then take it further.

If you pls see post #17 in this thread. You have made a calculation with insurance , but insurance was quoted separately.
That's why I posted again for clarification.

The extended warranty is not 3k, it in the likes of 8k.

Already I made a lot fuss for not delivering on time. Instead they are convincing me to go for lower model , inspite of waiting for 8 months. Before I speak with them I thought of gathering enough information to make sure they are not taking me for a ride, Instead asking them the quote again and again.

Almost 12K is charged excess or has no calculation.

Will try to get the full break up with them.

If you pls see post #17 in this thread. You have made a calculation with insurance , but insurance was quoted separately.
That's why I posted again for clarification.

The extended warranty is not 3k, it in the likes of 8k.

Already I made a lot fuss for not delivering on time. Instead they are convincing me to go for lower model , inspire of waiting for 8 months. Before I speak with them I thought of gathering enough information to make sure they are not taking me for a ride. Instead asking them the quote again and again.

Almost 18k is charged excess or has no calculation.

Will try to get the full break up with them.

Clarification you are seeking can only be given by your dealer, no expert or layman like me can give that clarification.
Asking them for a split is your right, you need not feel otherwise. Just call your sales guy and ask him for the split.
I gave you the idea of how to calculate the exact amount of On Road Price, I hope you will be able to calculate the amount on your own based on the % of the tax and other things(whatever the actual charges for extended warranty, accessories).
If you want to know where exactly is your dealer charging you more, only way is to ask your dealer for split. (First get the split, you do the math or seek advice from your friends, experts etc and then take back to the dealer for negotiation). You can also get a quote from another Maruti dealer (with splits) and compare the same with your dealer. It may also be possible that your sales agent may have done a wrong calculation.
Simply presuming that dealer is charging you more will never help you to finish the deal.

Already I made a lot fuss for not delivering on time. Instead they are convincing me to go for lower model , inspite of waiting for 8 months.
Have you already booked the car and are just waiting for delivery?

Which useless dealer is this anyway :p All the dealers I went to had loads of printouts of the quotes with the entire split-up detailed.

Have you already booked the car and are just waiting for delivery?

Which useless dealer is this anyway :p All the dealers I went to had loads of printouts of the quotes with the entire split-up detailed.

Booked the car by Jul 2012.
Dealer is Vishnu cars– cars India Chromepet.

Clarification you are seeking can only be given by your dealer, no expert or layman like me can give that clarification.
Asking them for a split is your right, you need not feel otherwise. Just call your sales guy and ask him for the split.
I gave you the idea of how to calculate the exact amount of On Road Price, I hope you will be able to calculate the amount on your own based on the % of the tax and other things(whatever the actual charges for extended warranty, accessories).
If you want to know where exactly is your dealer charging you more, only way is to ask your dealer for split. (First get the split, you do the math or seek advice from your friends, experts etc and then take back to the dealer for negotiation). You can also get a quote from another Maruti dealer (with splits) and compare the same with your dealer. It may also be possible that your sales agent may have done a wrong calculation.
Simply presuming that dealer is charging you more will never help you to finish the deal.

@gmano
This is break from the dealer.
Life time tax - 75843
Accidental fee - 1500
Road tax - 1900
RTO - 500
3rd and 4th year extended warranty - 9033
Accessories - 2350 ( floor mat,boot mat,steering grip)
Handling charges - 7822

Total - 98449.
Let me know if its ok or can I negotiate some where.

Ask quote from another dealer khivraj mount road also quoting the same, but he is not will to give break up over the phone.
Awaiting call from one another dealer.

Life time tax - 75843 - (Road tax for life time is 10% of the invoice value) its correct
Accidental fee - 1500 - Might be Road safety tax and its correct
Road tax - 1900 - (Road tax is paid for life time at 10% already, above) seek clarification on this
RTO - 500 - Might be Registration charges and its correct
3rd and 4th year extended warranty - 9033 - might be correct and dealer can not over charge you on this part, usually
Accessories - 2350 ( floor mat,boot mat,steering grip) - What accessories are they giving you for free? (these are the usual ones they give as free). try to get these for free. Steering grip they give is some crap, you better stay away from it. If you are going to get 3D mat or something like that then you can say no to floor mat.
Handling charges - 7822 - This part is not required, but unfortunately, all the dealers are charging (even the manufacturers are not bothered about this). There are already cases filed against dealers on this part in Delhi. But for now you have to negotiate and pay something (dealers are not willing to giveup this part entirely, from my own experience).

Will seek clarification about the road tax .
Accessories we supposed to be free. if not will take only mud flaps.
Handling charges - will try to negotiate , but not sure they will budge.

@gmano Thank you[DOUBLEPOST=1364583013][/DOUBLEPOST]As for insurance they offer Royal sundaram, National , ICICI , IFFCO-TOKIO and 2 more.
Tata AIG is not one of them.
Need comprehensive insurance plan with 0% depreciation.
Thinking to go ahead with Royal sundaram or Tata AIG (my preference).

Back