Overwatch open beta

This game is frustrating as hell. Going Solo in Causal matches, I always end up with crappy team who don't care about objective or bother to listen. The response has always been "playing for fun" etc and frankly i see no fun on a losing streak.

Season 2 Comp, went solo and got rekt in every game. Series of losses at placement matches got a 2200SR and now went all the way down to 1500SR. :(
Winning a Comp match has become a rare thing for me. I'm no Pro but never played this bad in any online FPS game.
You havent played dota or LOL I guess :) Anyways, stick on and improve your skills and see if you can carry them :p

This game is frustrating as hell. Going Solo in Causal matches, I always end up with crappy team who don't care about objective or bother to listen. The response has always been "playing for fun" etc and frankly i see no fun on a losing streak.

Season 2 Comp, went solo and got rekt in every game. Series of losses at placement matches got a 2200SR and now went all the way down to 1500SR. :(
Winning a Comp match has become a rare thing for me. I'm no Pro but never played this bad in any online FPS game.

Haha yea, I dont even mind bad players or players lacking skill. I'm beginning to hate players who are just out to troll in competitive games. Had one guy who insta-locked Hanzo in 1st round (Hollywood attack) and kept typing "I Hanjo" in all chat. We actually managed to take the payload to end. 2nd Round Defence someone else insta-locked Hanzo. So, the 1st guy got mad and kept spamming in all chat again. When he did not get his Hanzo, he just picked Symmetra and spent time just roaming around and purposely dying to enemy team.

Then last night had another idiot in Ilios. This dude got pissed that someone picked Hanzo in KoTH. So, he just declared that he wants to delevel that guy and picked torb and spent time hitting his turret in base. Everyone else got pissed initially and then just decided to give a free win to the enemy team. Everyone just picked joke heros and spammed emotes at enemies.

Both of this was in 2200-2350 point range. I started with 2300, went upto 2350 and now am down to 2100. :) And whatever points I manage to gain is already lost by the time I head to sleep. Still, the competitive games themselves are far more enjoyable than Quickplay. So, I will continue for some more time and see how it goes.

Played a couple of hours now and i feel this game has a very major drawback. The game time is too small compared to the time, I spent to get into a game and in there, the game is over so fast if you die a couple of times. The amount of fun you can get is very less. Payload game goes for a longer time but then after almost every match i am put back into main page as there wont be enough people continuing the game. This is fast becoming more work than fun :(

Played a couple of hours now and i feel this game has a very major drawback. The game time is too small compared to the time, I spent to get into a game and in there, the game is over so fast if you die a couple of times. The amount of fun you can get is very less. Payload game goes for a longer time but then after almost every match i am put back into main page as there wont be enough people continuing the game. This is fast becoming more work than fun :(

Regarding downtime, are you referring to quickplay or competitive? Actually, right now, there may not be many people in quickplay since new competitive season started 1 week back and people are still occupied with that. Otherwise, there is usually very little downtime between games. Also, I feel KoTH lasts much longer that payload especially in competitive where there are 5 rounds.

@pretttt I am still new to this and yet to get into competitive. Stuck in quickplay. Hope it get better in competitive.
Also, you guys are playing on Asia server right ??

@pretttt
Also, you guys are playing on Asia server right ??

Well, when launching the game I select America region because somehow I have better ping there (~ 100ms). But, I dont think there is any actual "America" server as most of the players in my games are from SEA region (Singapore, Indonesia, Thais, Vietnamese etc). Not sure how the server thing works.

Also, regarding the quality of the Comepetitive matches, it seems to be improving as people are getting closer to their actual rankings. Last night I had some very good matches, no trolling, people working together. Though we lost most of them, the games were all very close and very competitive. I am down to 2K rating now which I think might be the correct rating for me, so I am not very sad about that.

Last edited:
The team with lesser idiots wins :p. This syndrome affects all new multiplayer titles featuring 5v5 or 6v6 games. Even if 1 guy is bad, that's a gigantic 20% handicap on the entire team.
TF2 doesn't suffer from this with its 12v12 system. I never ever felt frustrated in TF2 because of bad team comps and that game didn't even have a matchmaker when I used to play it.

On the topic of server regions: If you want to play on SEA Singapore servers (as you should from India), then you have to play on Americas.
The way that Blizzard has divided the zones, they have put SEA in Americas. If you select Asia, you will end up on Chinese servers afaik.

Diablo 3 is an exception as that game's Singapore server lies in Asian region.
If you select Americas there, you'll actually end up in an American server with 300ms. Not that it matters because that game is PvE and has a great netcode where 300ms feels almost like a local game (provided you have a stable Internet connection of course).

title says it all.i am sick of hearing Chinese in Asian servers and ridiculous lag in american servers

any indians who play ?[DOUBLEPOST=1474174622][/DOUBLEPOST]nobody around dang?overwatch got 15 MILLION players.hello anyone?

Last edited:
guys add me. phoenix#11770
i usually play soldier 76 and tracer

i just added a bunch of you guys who shared their id

i have a question,how exactly can we participate in that nvidia overwatch cup?

Yeah there are plenty of people who play, and competitively too. I'm the captain of a team and I've got 2 accounts in Diamond, hoping to hit Master soon. I'd be happy to help newer players out.

Ashr#21453 or oreoshake#11862 (I use this id to play with people outside my team).

We have an active group on Facebook with a 1000 players if you're looking for people closer to your skill levels too - https://www.facebook.com/groups/OverwatchIND/

Yeah there are plenty of people who play, and competitively too. I'm the captain of a team and I've got 2 accounts in Diamond, hoping to hit Master soon. I'd be happy to help newer players out.

Ashr#21453 or oreoshake#11862 (I use this id to play with people outside my team).

We have an active group on Facebook with a 1000 players if you're looking for people closer to your skill levels too - https://www.facebook.com/groups/OverwatchIND/

Hey man, are you the same Ashr who plays for LXG Chennai team? Just saw the LXG Chennai vs Playmax vod on youtube. Some nice Winston plays there.

Hey man, are you the same Ashr who plays for LXG Chennai team? Just saw the LXG Chennai vs Playmax vod on youtube. Some nice Winston plays there.
how do u join these teams ?soldier with 60 hours and pharah with 63 eliminations ,45 objective kills record

Last edited:
how do u join these teams ?soldier with 60 hours and pharaoh with 20,63 eliminations ,45 objective kills record

Haha, even I dont have much idea. But most teams in that tournament seem to be centered/named after gaming cafes. Try looking up some of these places in your city. BTW, Soldier76 seems to be very popular among indian teams. Almost every match had one.

If anyone is interested to check out some of the games, you can check this channel: Nvidia India. They upload on daily basis.

Back