Overwatch open beta

I didn't know they specified hardware bans in their emails now. Maybe you should get your brother a separate account as well.

I didn't know they specified hardware bans in their emails now. Maybe you should get your brother a separate account as well.
yea i already spent the money i tried to save by letting him play on my account, for now he plays paladins.

they specify that any attempts to circumvent the account bans will result in a ban, and it was a ban from blizzard services, in my case only overwatch has been banned.

OMG GUYS JUST REACHED DIAMOND!
http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/PHOENiX-18493

straight outta placement,
s4m7nq.png

any other diamond players in India? would love to play with you,
by the time you read this, chances are i am already at masters

also i am on a 14 win streak and getting 80sr per match and have a 84%

winrate

OMG GUYS JUST REACHED DIAMOND!
http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/PHOENiX-18493

straight outta placement,
s4m7nq.png

winrate
Have you played any moba genre games before? If you havent, lets just wait for you complete another 150 games atleast (I am thinking 150 is a fair count given each round is just 15 to 25 mins long - as far as I know from reading about it) on Overwatch and ascertain the status then. I havent played overwatch myself to judge the complexity/skill required for the game, but generally moba performance is looked at when you have enough numbers of games under your belt. Besides, LOL and dota 2 are punishing in the aspect that you get noobs in your team time and again and however good you are, you will be stuck at a tier for long thanks to ppl who hold back your progress.

Have you played any moba genre games before? If you havent, lets just wait for you complete another 150 games atleast (I am thinking 150 is a fair count given each round is just 15 to 25 mins long - as far as I know from reading about it) on Overwatch and ascertain the status then. I havent played overwatch myself to judge the complexity/skill required for the game, but generally moba performance is looked at when you have enough numbers of games under your belt. Besides, LOL and dota 2 are punishing in the aspect that you get noobs in your team time and again and however good you are, you will be stuck at a tier for long thanks to ppl who hold back your progress.
i was on a new account above^ , have already clocked 1050+ games

I am so bad at this game. Whatever twitch skills of my teen years have atrophied with age :(.
I mostly play healer or tanks and most of the time I feel so helpless if the team is not capable enough.

i was on a new account above^ , have already clocked 1050+ games
When you are initially learning a new game slowly overtime, you lose more early on before you start winning.
Overtime this establishes your SR. But after 100 or so games, this gains a lot of inertia and is what is termed 'elo hell' even though you yourself might have gotten much better than where the game is placing you at.

But when you go into a fresh account with all that game knowledge and experience, you will expectantly win most of your placements because there's no SR history whatsoever for the matchmaker to work correctly.
And since 'new' players gain more (a lot more) SR per win for defeating 'old' players, there's no SR inertia to hold you back and you end up with a very high ranking.

From then on it's up to you: you will maintain the SR if you deserved it, otherwise it will slowly trickle down.

I am so bad at this game. Whatever twitch skills of my teen years have atrophied with age :(.
I mostly play healer or tanks and most of the time I feel so helpless if the team is not capable enough.

When you are initially learning a new game slowly overtime, you lose more early on before you start winning.
Overtime this establishes your SR. But after 100 or so games, this gains a lot of inertia and is what is termed 'elo hell' even though you yourself might have gotten much better than where the game is placing you at.

But when you go into a fresh account with all that game knowledge and experience, you will expectantly win most of your placements because there's no SR history whatsoever for the matchmaker to work correctly.
And since 'new' players gain more (a lot more) SR per win for defeating 'old' players, there's no SR inertia to hold you back and you end up with a very high ranking.

From then on it's up to you: you will maintain the SR if you deserved it, otherwise it will slowly trickle down.

kinda agreed, dunno much about elo ranking system, i did get 100 sr per win after my placement matches, totally negating any loss

As someone who sunk 2500+ hours into TF2, it's unfortunate that I won't be buying this.
But I am not gonna spend a single paisa on multiplayer only games going forward until this stupid country of ours gets over the retarded Mobile Internet 'fad' and actually starts putting down some proper infrastructure for the power user at home.

Yea so, I kinda bought this :p.
In my defense it was during the $30 sale and I had funds left over from Diablo 3 item sales.

Been playing a lot of Mercy and just soaking the game in.

Yep, so this was a total waste of money in a country where 8% packet loss is considered 'normal'.
Shouldn't have second guessed myself, learned a lesson that had no need to be taught.

Nobody's fault but mine really...

Mercy seems quite weak compared to other healers. Everyone is out to get you and nobody protects you like they used to in TF2.
Guardian Angel really oughta work without direct line of sight.

What it felt like to be the Medic in TF2 (the music still gives me goosebumps):

What Mercy feels like:

cu9Vj4H.jpg

yea, Mercy is good if you have decent team that is actually paying attention to protect her. She is always the top target for Tracers/Sombras/Genjis. Her Ulti is still awesome and can change the outcome of fights. Blizz is even buffing this now. Her damage buff is also good if you have good marksman in your team like an accurate Hanzo/Widow/McCree/S76. Her damage buff can sometimes turn normal body shots to insta kills.

I feel the healers all have their role. Lucio for aoe heals, speed burst and his very useful ulti. Ana for burst heals and utility by basically negating enemy ultis. She also has an amazing ulti, but needs a good hero to use it properly. Mercy has consistent heals, damage buff and a super ulti. Zen for his debuff, good damage especially against tanks and useful ulti.

It's a small change, doubt it will make any major impact except at very high SR ranges.
They should also let Guardian Angel work without direct line of sight, it's quite frustrating when you can see the ally marker above you but can't fly to them because the actual body is blocked by an edge.

winrate
I ain't Diamond but added you regardless. Get ready to carry my ass :D.

It's a small change, doubt it will make any major impact except at very high SR ranges.
They should also let Guardian Angel work without direct line of sight, it's quite frustrating when you can see the ally marker above you but can't fly to them because the actual body is blocked by an edge.

I ain't Diamond but added you regardless. Get ready to carry my ass :D.

Send me a friend request

I can't play this game anymore due to the shitty ping at 200ms. It used to be 40ms and I fairly stayed between GOLD/PLATINUM.
How do you guys manage to play this now ?

I can't play this game anymore due to the shitty ping at 200ms. It used to be 40ms and I fairly stayed between GOLD/PLATINUM.
How do you guys manage to play this now ?

Many Pros play on 200 ping, IDDQD is one.

40MS?? which place were you in?
play on americas server and not asia.

i get around 89 ping on my Spectranet Network and around 150-170 ms on Jio 4G,

90% of game is won with positioning, 10% is Aim, If you are in gold chances are all you are doing is Barging in and trying to Outaim the opponents, watch the pros and Notice where they position themselves.

Many Pros play on 200 ping, IDDQD is one.

40MS?? which place were you in?
play on americas server and not asia.

i get around 89 ping on my Spectranet Network and around 150-170 ms on Jio 4G,

90% of game is won with positioning, 10% is Aim, If you are in gold chances are all you are doing is Barging in and trying to Outaim the opponents, watch the pros and Notice where they position themselves.

I don't think PROs play DPS on 200ms, they'll get rekt for sure.
I'm no PRO, but with the recent 200+ ms ping , i can clearly see that I'm struggling a lot with Soldier/Tracer/reaper. I always play on US servers and used to get 40ms consistently (Bangalore,ACT Broadband 100mbps)......until Dec 2016 update.
Infact there is even a thread on Battle.net abt this issue and but none knows the exact reason for crappy ping.(Undersea cable damage blah blah ?)

I'll stop playing DPS altogether and go with DVA or Zarya even Torb esp at high ping.

I don't think PROs play DPS on 200ms, they'll get rekt for sure.
I'm no PRO, but with the recent 200+ ms ping , i can clearly see that I'm struggling a lot with Soldier/Tracer/reaper. I always play on US servers and used to get 40ms consistently (Bangalore,ACT Broadband 100mbps)......until Dec 2016 update.
Infact there is even a thread on Battle.net abt this issue and but none knows the exact reason for crappy ping.(Undersea cable damage blah blah ?)

I'll stop playing DPS altogether and go with DVA or Zarya even Torb esp at high ping.

Link to the thread?? Tried playing on different PC, using ethernet cable?

Alright, I can Relate, I remember playing after the oasis patch, the ping was 280~ for all our 6 stack but the game was butter smooth, so it was server side, but since then being in Delhi I get 89 on NA and 150 on Europe, everything's fine.

Tried a different ISP?
I was in gurgaon few months ago....used Tripleplay ISP(50mbps) and got around 50-60ms ping. Never before had 200+ms....started playing DVA/Zarya which works better than DPS for now. So I'm gonna stick with it and improvise on them.
I'll add you,if we get time will do some Quick Play. :)

Back