Video Own your own dish

shirish

Skilled
Seriously, if I had a terrace I owned or had access to, the first thing I would do is learn about how I can get FTA channels from neighbouring countries. There is a good magazine called Satellite & Cable TV Satellite & Cable TV the most interesting links are the channel guide SCAT Channel Guide as well as SCAT Technical

In fact, I have a suggestion somebody if somebody knows this stuff intimately, he/she could start a culture something like Amateur radio operator do .

With advent of smaller sized satellite dishes 18" diameter Satellite dish as well as Satellite dish installation & EUROPA - Rapid - Press Releases
makes for very cool reading & studying.

It could very well be something for hobbyist to try out. If some of the people are interested the least we could do is try & find out what the price might be ffor simple satellite dish with all the stands, fittings 18-31" diameter & price difference between having a motorised remote. Something which might be also movable.

Lemme know what you guys think about this idea?

exactly, i was under the impression all those dudes that got dishes in the 90s were left high & dry when said broadcasters decided to charge ie scramble for them.

I Used to own one of those dishes till the later 90's and the problem is tuning. You gotta set with those analog tuning boxes and tune the crap outta them (useless chinese caps i presume :lol:)

My TATA Sky setup will be here day-after, will speak to the technician and let you guys know :)

Back