Pakistan hikes defence budget by nearly 15 per cent in 2024-25

I am really surprised to see such comments on a mostly harmless thread. Pakistan a well-known and well-established source of terrorism increased its defense budget and it's a valid point of discussion. Pakistan being a terrorist hell hole has nothing to do with any govt or any individual. India has never been infatuated with Pakistan, it's a cancer that keeps on giving. And, Pakistan is within its rights to spend whatever dime it has. But this discussion is not about that, no one questioned their right, it was their intent that's the matter of discussion. And someone already pointed out, these b***rds are just planning their UK retirement.
Man you can't post anything these days without getting cancelled. I don't understand how people can be so full of themselves.

"We don't want to see these topics. TE is getting to WhatsApp levels" - These lines remind me of the "White Man's Burden". Maybe this is the Brown Man variant. Indians trying to civilize, educate and empower fellow Indians in their terms without being asked to.

As for Whatsapp, I wish I could actually discuss geopolitics with my contacts.

Those who fund Pak is letting Pak get away with abusing the system without checks and balances. This is the primary problem.
If that country's leadership and state system faced repercussions for exploitation of their public, lose freedoms, they will exercise at least minimum caution.

Probably uncomfortable opinion here, the same is happening in India when Indian system is funding backward states with more money without adequate checks and balances. Such states faces no repercussions, rather get more monies and support.

Man you can't post anything these days without getting cancelled. I don't understand how people can be so full of themselves.

"We don't want to see these topics. TE is getting to WhatsApp levels" - These lines remind me of the "White Man's Burden". Maybe this is the Brown Man variant. Indians trying to civilize, educate and empower fellow Indians in their terms without being asked to.

As for Whatsapp, I wish I could actually discuss geopolitics with my contacts.
These are the same people who loved twitter 1.0 where If you had said Covid came from a lab in wuhan, you would have been banned. Criticize the CCP would have gotten you a ban or shadow ban. Question the 2020 US elections or Western narrative on Russia- Ukraine war would have gotten a ban on twitter and youtube.

Now these same people now hate X under Elon and Elon is public enemy number 1, when I say public enemy its all from Soros funded NGO/ Activist, organised protestors/rioters, public officials who feed on this and their lap dog Blackrock, State street, Vanguard funded media and defense companies.

Let people hear both sides of the argument and let them make up their own mind.

Now if you just censor everything a lone wolf black swan event can take place slipping past intelligence agencies. That lone wolfs relief valve will cause harm to others. This can happen on both sides of aisle left leaning and right leaning.

Those who fund Pak is letting Pak get away with abusing the system without checks and balances. This is the primary problem.
If that country's leadership and state system faced repercussions for exploitation of their public, lose freedoms, they will exercise at least minimum caution.
This is junior league thinking. The big league players care about none of the things you listed. They just want power and control.

Pakistan was created not for the deobandis to have a 'mulk' of their own, but for the west to have a slave country in this region. Pakistan served its masters well till the 80s but has now become a burden. They want a servile nation, but one that can at least feed its population, so they are being more explicit about their next move:

They had tried doing exactly this, though unsuccessfully, using LTTE. Lets see how things turn out in the east.

Last edited:
This is junior league thinking. The big league players care about none of the things you listed. They just want power and control.
Idea is, for eg., once Pak lost Kargil skirmish, India should've taken a part of their land or resources. That is how wars worked in old times.
The kind of stone age thinking they have, they deserve such repercussions. Only then they will learn, but India rather compensated them earlier for their failures.

Idea is, for eg., once Pak lost Kargil skirmish, India should've taken a part of their land or resources. That is how wars worked in old times.
The kind of stone age thinking they have, they deserve such repercussions. Only then they will learn, but India rather compensated them earlier for their failures.
We could have taken a good chunk of POK back in 1999. But they would have threatened to use nukes. It was only revealed later on by Musharraf that Pak didn't have the capability at that time to put a warhead on a missile. So the only way they could have used a nuke is by dropping it out off a c130 or by driving and neither one of those options would have worked. It would have been shot down easily.

Also at that time the public wanted the war to over soon.

Because the alternative to the military is some chaotic islamist hell hole. Not saying that's not what Pakistan already is.
Yes but that won't happen. If you want another example then Egypt is a similar basket case.

When Mubarak was toppled the hope, was you would finally see democracy but it was hijacked by the Muslim brothers and in the end it was the gulf arabs that pulled the plug and the army was reinstated.
Probably uncomfortable opinion here, the same is happening in India when Indian system is funding backward states with more money without adequate checks and balances. Such states faces no repercussions, rather get more monies and support.
Not really. We went bankrupt and reformed. They called it the balance of payments crisis. I've often wondered why Pakistan couldn't be allowed to go through the same and then you realise they are not like us. The outcome is unpredictable and likely worse than present.

Last edited:
Not really. We went bankrupt and reformed. They called it the balance of payments crisis. I've often wondered why Pakistan couldn't be allowed to go through the same and then you realise they are not like us. The outcome is unpredictable and likely worse than present.
This is where tip of the issue lies, no one know how to reform them, neither salvage the situation, chaos ensues. May be some parties are waiting for chaos to ensue to take any action.
Countries are putting them on a pedestal than resolving issues there, for eg., China exploiting resources, some other funding the hell hole, etc.
There is no check and balance / carrot and stick approach. Just throwing money and resources in to a void which will absorb all negativity and explode.
Rather, control of their resources should be forcefully given to their debtors.

This is where tip of the issue lies, no one know how to reform them, neither salvage the situation, chaos ensues. May be some parties are waiting for chaos to ensue to take any action.
Nobody wants the responsibility so things remain as is
Countries are putting them on a pedestal than resolving issues there, for eg., China exploiting resources, some other funding the hell hole, etc.
Similar to North Korea. Neither China or South Korea wants to deal with a refugee crisis.

In the event of a collapse where do you think the paks will run to.

Gulf?no China? No

They'll come to India. How do you stop them?

They should stay there only, once resources are in control of right party, they won't have to run out of their country.
Might take a civil war for that right party to emerge. Mean time people have to live in a country with no functioning services. Not to say services work there but no funds to pay salaries means no law and order. People will head for the exit.

Might take a civil war for that right party to emerge. Mean time people have to live in a country with no functioning services. Not to say services work there but no funds to pay salaries means no law and order. People will head for the exit.
People from that country had been exiting that place for decades. The abject reality is that even a good number of them may rather prefer to stay in India.
Once a powerful entity take control of resources, they can control borders too. To begin with, IMF / WB, etc. should request for international peace keepers to remove their nukes first. Because a violent event there can effect whole world.

Last edited:
We could have taken a good chunk of POK back in 1999. But they would have threatened to use nukes. It was only revealed later on by Musharraf that Pak didn't have the capability at that time to put a warhead on a missile. So the only way they could have used a nuke is by dropping it out off a c130 or by driving and neither one of those options would have worked. It would have been shot down easily.

Also at that time the public wanted the war to over soon.
There are quite few options to deliver nuke.

USSR had developed briefcase size nukes to be able to deliver at heart of the target. So delivering nuke would have not been as impossible as it looked. Yes , they were not fully ready but when war escalates military can very quickly improvise too.
In the event of a collapse where do you think the paks will run to.

Gulf?no China? No

They'll come to India. How do you stop them?

Generally asking...what is the international rule about refugee crises? I mean if a country( that too an enemy country) is pushing millions of refugees into your country. What are your options?
Blocking is one way ( just like Egypt blocked ) but India border is big.

Next options -I dont think firing and killing hundreds thousands of refugees is a sane act. It will have massive international outrage. beside it is a bad option.

But then what other options a country is left with? Absorb them ....which is not possible for a country like India to keep making space for more and more people. We already have our own huge population and poor resources.

Generally asking...what is the international rule about refugee crises? I mean if a country( that too an enemy country) is pushing millions of refugees into your country. What are your options?
Set up refugee camps inside their country?
Blocking is one way ( just like Egypt blocked ) but India border is big
Exactly
Next options -I dont think firing and killing hundreds thousands of refugees is a sane act. It will have massive international outrage. beside it is a bad option.
Saudis are doing this to anyone who tries to enter their border. Mostly from Yemen.

But as you said against hundreds of thousands there is no way. Desperate people will find all sorts of ways.
But then what other options a country is left with? Absorb them ....which is not possible for a country like India to keep making space for more and more people. We already have our own huge population and poor resources.
Bingo!

So we put up with the status quo and question what most would wish for.

Just look at the Americans and their border

Should read about how a major force in the region tried to stop refuges from Ethiopia, Libya, etc.

Also a recent news from Greece:
Sad realities...

Also, should note that thousands of migrants are exiting India this current day.

Problem is India is surrounded by poor and underdevelop and war countries except for China and China has made it very tough for illegal immigration as they hardly care about international laws.

Ek bikhari terrorist exporting country West mein( Pakistan) ...Ek underdevelop and over populated and not so friendly east mein ( Bangladesh) ...Ek already in major cival war ( Myanmar) and ek big bully ( new Har*mi of the world) north mein( China)

We are surrounded by worst kind of neighbours one can imagine . Worst is 2 of them have nuclear weapons and one is so irresponsible that even played a massive role in Nuclear proliferation.

I wonder if we have war with china then Russia will support whom o_O no one gives a F to Pakistan, the only issue here is terrorists. Those rats are hard to catch!

I wonder if we have war with china then Russia will support whom o_O no one gives a F to Pakistan, the only issue here is terrorists. Those rats are hard to catch!
more like if the govt takes any drastic action, opposition will start crying foul, these parties would sell out their own mothers if they get even a little chance to throw shade at others

Back