Graphic Cards Palit GTX 260 Sonic 216 SP Temperature

navs27

Disciple
hello guys i recently bought a Palit GeForce GTX 260 Sonic 216 SP..so i wanted to know what is the idle temperature for this gpu....i get 48-50 idle and when tested with OCCTPT i get 79-80 on full load...so guys wanted to know whether this temps are ok...

Also wanted to know what should me the voltage of the ram when i overclock it..i have G skill F2-6400CL5S-2GBPQ...800mhz... 2x2 gb...... i have overclocked it to 900mhz

^ Yes bro temps are pretty fine.

If you feel temps are high consider increasing default fan speed(40%) to higher value through Riva Tuner or EVGA Precision.

navs27 said:
but in some reviews i saw temps are almost 57-60 on full load and idle at 47-48

They must have had running GPU on high fan speeds. I ran same card at 70% fan speed and got 70c while running furmark in summer season.

sumchamp said:
They must have had running GPU on high fan speeds. I ran same card at 70% fan speed and got 70c while running furmark in summer season.
ok bro..let me see i will increase the fan speed and will perform the same test again

My brother now uses the same card and the temps are the same as you mentioned. So no need to worry. With this card increasing the fan speed, does increase the noise, might not be a good option, if you like silent operation. :)

I have been using Palit 260 216Sp since last 2-3 month's and at idle temp is around 45*C where as at full load i have not seen it go past 60*C with fan speed to 60%.

navs27 said:
i have increased the fan speed to 60% and the result is the same

hmmm.... try taking it to 80%... which is ur cabby... is it well ventilated... ?? i have a sonic 4870 1GB but it hasnt crossed 62 degrees ever...

Back