Pathetic exp. with SBI customer care. Never ever own their credit cards.

@nRiTeCh Bro have you resolved this yet? I'm dealing with the same shit lol. I want to cancel but they charged me for another year but I don't want to use the CC and had emailed them earlier to cancel\kill this card as I no longer want to use their card services. And now they have started charging late fee fine.
amazon prime video slap GIF

@nRiTeCh Bro have you resolved this yet? I'm dealing with the same shit lol. I want to cancel but they charged me for another year but I don't want to use the CC and had emailed them earlier to cancel\kill this card as I no longer want to use their card services. And now they have started charging late fee fine.

You should block the card from APP or Via IVRS.

Got i cancelled and charges waved off same month when I opened this thread. Bashed them extremely badly on phone and it was done!

So I faced this very issue with HDFC last year during lockdown. They billed me for credit card renewal and then on the last day recommended I pay it so it doesn’t affect my cibil. Then they offered to cancel without refund !!

I had my SBI card charges reversed as well. They almost always do it if you raise it with the Nodal Officer. I got 4-5 reversal rejection messages and each time I just updated the email to the nodal officer with a sentence until it got reversed. No need to waste time on the phone.

However, I will discontinue the SBI card as well since they keep changing the limits for waiver without a single message or email which is extremely unethical. Also, I was offered another one of their pre-approved cards for free but even as an existing customer, they are messing up the new application so badly that I think it is not worth being their customer any more.

I had my SBI card charges reversed as well. They almost always do it if you raise it with the Nodal Officer. I got 4-5 reversal rejection messages and each time I just updated the email to the nodal officer with a sentence until it got reversed. No need to waste time on the phone.

However, I will discontinue the SBI card as well since they keep changing the limits for waiver without a single message or email which is extremely unethical. Also, I was offered another one of their pre-approved cards for free but even as an existing customer, they are messing up the new application so badly that I think it is not worth being their customer any more.
So on requesting closure, they offered to make the card lifetime free. Request has been raised and I am yet to receive a confirmation, but that seems to be an option if your credit history is good.

My complaint has also been forwarded to a Nodal Officer. Being harassed by their customer care where they refuse to shut it down until I "pay" 8.5K something, which is just interest total on renewal charges of 1499, which I have been telling them since March that I won't pay and want the card to be shut down. These guys have been ignoring mails and customer care has no clue and tell me that email history is not their concern lol.

So on requesting closure, they offered to make the card lifetime free. Request has been raised and I am yet to receive a confirmation, but that seems to be an option if your credit history is good.
Which card was this? Prime, simply click?

Which card was this? Prime, simply click?
Na, it was a Mumbai Metro card and despite mentioning the lifetime free closure offer, I did not receive any communication from them within the specified date. So closed the card instead.

The closure team though mentioned that they get specific retention offers for specific holders/cards. So if you are going to use the card, you can still make the closure call and see if they offer you anything.

So all my talks with SBI have failed and they have refused to waive off their BS charges. So, finally today I ended up putting a RBI complaint to the Ombudsman.
- They offered me a CC saying it's lifetime free.
- I use it for a year and buy 2-3 products.
- They levy annual charge in 17 March - due date 10th April.
- I buy a product on 24th march and clear the dues on 4th April, excluding annual charge, for that product in full.
- I told them to close the card, since I won't be paying annual charges and don't want to use it.
- They keep harassing me for annual charges and keep adding interest rate of 3-4% every month.
- Even if I agree to pay the annual charge now, they tell me I need to pay late fees as well - 9K something.

So in the end I put this in RBI dispute. Lets see how it goes.

My complaint has also been forwarded to a Nodal Officer. Being harassed by their customer care where they refuse to shut it down until I "pay" 8.5K something, which is just interest total on renewal charges of 1499, which I have been telling them since March that I won't pay and want the card to be shut down. These guys have been ignoring mails and customer care has no clue and tell me that email history is not their concern lol.

Official Customer Care will never harass you in anyway (giving you a call).It should be recovery agents..
Best move is first file a police complaint, tell the customer care to pickup cash from your house when they call..
Make sure you have already informed police to get to your place..
Teach them a lesson for the mental harassment caused. (you already have filed a complaint ask for compensations, recovery agents will be forced to do same to avoid getting there contract cancelled from SBI)

So all my talks with SBI have failed and they have refused to waive off their BS charges. So, finally today I ended up putting a RBI complaint to the Ombudsman.
- They offered me a CC saying it's lifetime free.
- I use it for a year and buy 2-3 products.
- They levy annual charge in 17 March - due date 10th April.
- I buy a product on 24th march and clear the dues on 4th April, excluding annual charge, for that product in full.
- I told them to close the card, since I won't be paying annual charges and don't want to use it.
- They keep harassing me for annual charges and keep adding interest rate of 3-4% every month.
- Even if I agree to pay the annual charge now, they tell me I need to pay late fees as well - 9K something.

So in the end I put this in RBI dispute. Lets see how it goes.
You were fked over by SBI but you also did not show good judgement, should have taken the loss and paid the annual fees and later fight for it. Your CIBIL would be trash now for many years, CIBIL score is much much more important than some credit card annual fees.

You were fked over by SBI but you also did not show good judgement, should have taken the loss and paid the annual fees and later fight for it. Your CIBIL would be trash now for many years, CIBIL score is much much more important than some credit card annual fees.
Yeah I made the mistake of blocking the card and thought the so called "pending" amount can be disputed over the months but they kept putting interest on top of that and kept ignoring my mails.
CIBIL has gone down 50 points because of that. Lets see if RBI thing helps. Otherwise looks like I have no option but to pay 10K.

You can manipulate your CIBIL score as well..
If you know how..

But in India, it really does not matters, even with a high/low CIBIL score the bank loans given are at same interest rate to both the parties.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I do not possess an SBI credit card but despite maintaining a seriously significant amount of funds with a Personal Banking Branch (PBB) at SBI, the kind of treatment I get there is abysmal. They simply do not value or even care for the type of customer you are. As other folks have mentioned, the only reason I've kept the major portion of my funds there is from a safety perspective i.e. the Govt cannot let SBI fail.

Other than that, their SB/FD interest rates, do not care attitude of staff, irritating new OTP requirement to simply login to their website, execution of advance tax and other payments on the next day if made after 8:00 p.m. etc. are all reasons to stay away from SBI. After reading about your experience, I'll never go near any of their credit card products.

(OT: HDFC is a private sector bank whose employees (cashier included) try to act like a public sector bank and harass the customer whenever they can. I simply maintain my a/c with them because of my associated HDFC securities accounts. A word of advice - open an account with Zerodha/Upstox/5Paisa if you are a casual trader and link your respective bank's SB account.)

Back