Pathetic exp. with SBI customer care. Never ever own their credit cards.

The most irritating part of any OTP login is when the OTP does not actually arrive because they have outsourced the service to a vendor who uses a service that is blacklisted by TRAI. It is so irritating that most apps/sites can't move to an app-based MFA solution and make OTP the sole 2FA, without even a call option.

The most irritating part of any OTP login is when the OTP does not actually arrive because they have outsourced the service to a vendor who uses a service that is blacklisted by TRAI. It is so irritating that most apps/sites can't move to an app-based MFA solution and make OTP the sole 2FA, without even a call option.
sbi OTP is the worst .never receives on time.

Finally my SBI case has been settled. :D They were asking for 10,311.70 but ultimately settled for 729 Rs.
SBI_Settlement.png

Bloody idiots. Told them to delete my account into fiery pits of hell and not to ever contact me again with any offers or some other BS.

Finally my SBI case has been settled. :D They were asking for 10,311.70 but ultimately settled for 729 Rs

Happy that you were able to sort it out.

Btw the word settlement unnerves me a bit. Are you sure that this "settlement" won't affect your CIBIL score in anyway ?

A private bank approached my uncle regarding a settlement on his credit card charges and he ended up paying pennies instead of some 7-8k rupees (which he was not aware they had charged him) but it affected his credit score badly.

My CIBIL has dropped below 750. But the SBI guy who settled said it was currently under some low level case and I should settle to avoid any CIBIL damage. I think anything bad will be reflected after 31st Jan when it updates. Let's see.

My CIBIL has dropped below 750. But the SBI guy who settled said it was currently under some low level case and I should settle to avoid any CIBIL damage. I think anything bad will be reflected after 31st Jan when it updates. Let's see.
Keep an eye on cibil and do update here.

SBI customer care is a joke. Their CC is practically inoperative and email support is equally crap. Had to mail nodal officer for getting a colleague's card closed.

Any settlement you do is marked in CIBIL and will continue to reflect there for the next 3 years.
Also , your CIBIL will drop significantly because of this settlement.

Can I go to consumer court then to resolve this? I settled because they kept charging interest without responding to my mails and due to COVID I avoided going out.

What to do if it's marked negatively in CIBIL? Have to wait till Jan 30.
What if the world ends by then? Don't worry bro relax and 30 ki 30 ko dekhenge.
P.S. They can intimate TU Cibil for correction tension mat lo.
Can I go to consumer court then to resolve this? I settled because they kept charging interest without responding to my mails and due to COVID I avoided going out.
Yes you can. I would suggest you to contact a lawyer. Before that contact some experts (free of cost) on subs like https://www.reddit.com/r/LegalAdviceIndia/ do post your thread's link here if you decide to post there.

So, got a call from SBI for credit card. They issued SBI pulse credit card. I asked them to change it to SBI simplyclick credit card. The customer care agent who contacted me said I can change it when I receive my credit card. I received my SBI pulse credit card today but the agent is not picking up the call.

I wonder if it was a bad idea to get SBI credit card. Does anyone know if I don't activate the credit card will I still get charged the joining fees?

So, got a call from SBI for credit card. They issued SBI pulse credit card. I asked them to change it to SBI simplyclick credit card. The customer care agent who contacted me said I can change it when I receive my credit card. I received my SBI pulse credit card today but the agent is not picking up the call.

I wonder if it was a bad idea to get SBI credit card. Does anyone know if I don't activate the credit card will I still get charged the joining fees?
Yes the moment the card is issued all TnCs are applied and charges started. You can immediately ring cc and gt the card cancelled.

Yes the moment the card is issued all TnCs are applied and charges started. You can immediately ring cc and gt the card cancelled.
I tried but wasn't able to reach customer care. So just activated the card instead of risking damage to my credit score. Would cancel it after a few months. Can only be more careful from next time to not trust a salesman's word.

I got wrecked just because of that. Had to settle paying twice, which should've been zero in the first place.

How much was the CIBIL impact of this fiasco, What was your CIBIL score earlier and how much is it now? Is the settlement showing up in the CIBIL or next month?

How much was the CIBIL impact of this fiasco, What was your CIBIL score earlier and how much is it now? Is the settlement showing up in the CIBIL or next month?
does sbi card account recorded in cibil ? I've one for the past four years, so far cibil does not have any details on sbi card.

does sbi card account recorded in cibil ? I've one for the past four years, so far cibil does not have any details on sbi card.

That is very weird, SBI credit cards are constantly updated in CIBIL records, much better than HDFC which does not even give the Credit limit to CIBIL and thus we get high utilisation ratio and lower scores.

Yeah SBI is generally very pathetic, I only have horror stories and experiences when it comes to them. You use a good private bank just once and you realise the night and day difference between the service quality.

SBI CARDS are good but the customer support is garbage. I can understand then giving hard time to the customers who want to cancel their cards. We wanted to update them address in the credit card. We could not get it done. Now the card is going to be deactivated tomorrow automatically since the card is now KYC non compliant.

Back