Storage Solutions Patriot RMA contact and experience

calvin1719

Mostly harmless.
Adept
I had a faulty M.2 SSD (Viper VPN100 256GB) bought from Amazon which I did not check within the replacement window, it was DOA. I checked with Patriot, they wanted me to send it to Taiwan for RMA.
I tried to contact the importer via email but didn't get a response. Got the contact details from @.niz04 and shipped the SSD to them in BLR.

Because the product was EOL, they tried to get me to pay the difference and get whatever they had available, to which I did not agree. Then they sent it to Taiwan and I got an upgraded replacement at no charge (VPN110 512GB).

Positive experience but I feel they shouldn't have tried to push for me paying the difference first. All in all took around 1.5 months, mostly because of delays in shipping and on Patriot's side. Shivaraj and his team were super communicative throughout the process though, I never felt like I was being ghosted or given the shaft. 9/10 would recommend.

Shivaraj Neelangi |GM |+91-9900508823
Anandit Infotech India Private Limited.

Edit: Maybe this isn't the right section :/, but it's the best I can figure. @.Mods please move if appropriate.

Meh, I wasn't in a hurry. They delivered the new SSD to me at the end of March, I didn't get around to installing it until the end of May.

Asking for and paying the difference is a regular practice for eol products and its a very minimal amount and you get the latest product and even with more warranty remaining sometimes.

I get that it's a regular practice, but I don't agree with it. I purchased something that was suitable for me at a certain price point. If it's DOA and EOL so there's no replacement available, it's on the company to provide an adequate equivalent or better replacement. I don't agree that me paying more to get the better replacement is an acceptable resolution for the situation.
Edit:typo

Back