PC health & download apps/tools

Doremon

Adept
Just reinstated home PC after crashing OS. Running on Win7+IE8+Chrome(default)+FFox with kaspersky , CC Cleaner & Ad blocks(Chrome).

Think to get PC health monitor tool, constantly gives feedback on running status/threats. Also dont have any secured & fast downloader tool for files, songs, videos etc downloading.

Try Glary Utilities for you PC health, it's good as a backup to CCleaner. Also if you want a fast downloader and you have FireFox, try out DownThemAll! for FF. It'll DL your videos, audio and pix just fine, and packs in advanced edit function as well.

thanks AjaxAscendant. Default browser is Chrome.
Anything additional, I must look other than Galary Utilities (PC Health) and DownThemAll (FFox).

cpu-z, Hwmonitor, HDTune/CrystalDiskinfo, Wise Care/ Advanced SystemCare Free, For Download try Eagleget/FDM. For torrents utorrent.

many options here, thanks but I wish to have an unique downloader & advertisement block tool well function for all three browser - IE8, Mozilla & Chrome.
This would be easy and simple for me and my family..
plz suggest.

I will suggest doremon to install malwarebytes too. Will help protect against adware and malware. Hope you are using avast antivirus to protect against virus.

I will suggest doremon to install malwarebytes too. Will help protect against adware and malware. Hope you are using avast antivirus to protect against virus.

yes, MBAM is good but Spybot Search and destroy is better.
Kaspersky is on the board. Do both of you, still suggest for above? Kaspersky is trial version & to be expiry in couple of weeks.
@topgear: Eaglejet is doing job simply great! Simple interface is useful for the noob like me:). Thanks buddy.
Edit:- Adblock plus installed for Chrome. Which Ad blocking application best suited for FF & IE8?

Last edited:
Adblock plus is also available for FF and at-least don't safe guard IE with ad blockers for some good reasons you will find out in the future ;)

for me mbam/spybot s&d, comodo firewall and avira antivirus trio makes completely free security solution though as of now I'm using only avira without auto guard / protection module.

MS Essential was on hand & hence updated, may be i am lazzy.....

I am bitting my nail now:confused: as I saw notification- "Windows is downloading updates (20% complete).... suspecting whether Microsoft again trace Windows 7 crash version installed against my previous MS Vista episode....Should I put Microsoft automatice update off?...

One more asking, which video converter is fast and simple like Eagleget. this required for,
(1) I saw many unknow format video file in log which are important social shoot need to convert. I am using VLC player mainly..
(2) to convert in qualitative HD version with instant speed.. I am having Xilisoft video converter but too slow ..

Last edited:
yes, turn off auto update and as for video converter try handbrake, freemake video converter or mediacoder but all those will operate at what speed [ time needed for conversion process ] greatly depends on the hardware you have.

Back