PC Peripherals Pc shuts off, please help to trace the issue

i clouldn't arrange alternate psu for testing so i have decided to buy new one , is following psu will work fine ?

Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK 430 Watts PSU | Psu | Flipkart.com

This SMPS is great considering your RIG specifications, go for it and I am glad you found it on flipkart. Pricing is good and shipping is free so overall great buy.

I hope you are 100% sure that you do not want to adding anything else to your RIG in the coming months, years; in the light of that the Seasonic S12II 520W is a better buy.

Pricing is on the higher side [for the Seasonic unit], try to source it locally [where do you stay?].

You can get the Seasonic SMPS from this deal thread on TE as well.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

well i am planning for upgrade in next 6 months or so, it will be new cpu , mobo and RAM, i don't use Gfx card most of the time as its a development machine , so basic configuration works fine with me.
currently i am using basic ATI radeon HD2400 pro gfx card only because for onboard gpu ATI has stopped support for Linux , so no driver is available.

so for this corsair one will be enough ?

Thanks

@lokeshv better go for the Seasonic S12II 520W in this case, its higher output and better efficiency rating will help you to get a more powerful system [within reasons] and most importantly will allow you to add a lot more hard-drives [upto 5 vis-á-vis 3 in the case of the CX V2] and more powerful GPU if the need arises.

Last edited by a moderator:
is there any alternative available for seasonic 520W, two reasons i don't want to buy seasonic, first local triupati office were not very interested in selling, can buy from internet but i have to deal with same local office if there is any issue. not my cup of tea ,

also there are many threads on issues with seasonic and rma, so i want to avoid it.

any other psu with good service backup ?will corsair 430W will not be enough ? most of time i dont use gfx card, use single HDD, as i keep my backup, movies etc in external one

Thanks

@lokeshv, you can go for the Corsair CX V2430W; it will do fine if you are not adding a lot of components and as you said no graphics card means even lesser load on the same.

Happy RIG building mate and hope your problem gets resolved with this upgrade. Cheerio!!

really thanks for quick reply,just one last question if i go for 500w model of same series, is that ok ?

No, definitely not worth it. If you want anything over ~500W go for the Seasonic as I suggested earlier [where are you staying?].

No, definitely not worth it. If you want anything over ~500W go for the Seasonic as I suggested earlier [where are you staying?].

hmm, jaipur , seasonic 520W is available around 4200 locally. price is fine but read some threads on same model and RMA issues, i talked to local office and they didnt seem much interested , and then if there is any issue i have to deal with same local office.

any comment on seasonic A.S.S overall ? corsair RMA is great,i have replaced my pen drive without any issue.

Thanks,

@lokeshv, okay I get it why you want to avoid Seasonic. Even I am stuck in the same dilemma.

If you think the Corsair CX V2430W will suit your immediate needs and that of the future go for it. If the latter is not met by the same instead of going for the CX V2500W, invest in the Corsair GS 500W.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

finally bought GS500

replaced it with old zeb psu, my machine is silent than before. lets hope shut down problem is solved.

will update on it later,

again Thanks Everyone for all help, specially ALPHA17,

Back