PESIT Students

You mean PESIT Bangalore??

I know tons of guys there..... most of the people from my +2 class are in PESIT doing their Engg... I had gone their once to inquire abt a management qouta seat(because of the whole CET mess :p ) and the guy in charge(who happened to be from my old school) cooly asked for 8laks + fees.... and the fees itself would be 1 lakh per year :O :O

Anyway that is supposed to be among the top engg colleges in Bangalore. But I personally dont like it bcoz it is too strict. Too many rules and regulations.

My PU college was like that and I got sick of it. :p

wow nice!!!

Where are you from originally?? and how much did you have to pay to get in :p ??

And which branch are you going to be joining???

Nikhil said:

I know tons of guys there..... most of the people from my +2 class are in PESIT doing their Engg... I had gone their once to inquire abt a management qouta seat(because of the whole CET mess :p ) and the guy in charge(who happened to be from my old school) cooly asked for 8laks + fees.... and the fees itself would be 1 lakh per year :O :O

Anyway that is supposed to be among the top engg colleges in Bangalore. But I personally dont like it bcoz it is too strict. Too many rules and regulations.

My PU college was like that and I got sick of it. :p
Management quota ? :S

Basically, a way for colleges to make more money than ever :p .....

Supposedly, it works like this...... say there are 100 seats for a particular branch in that college.

They give 75% to the CET and keep 25% for themselves. The fees for that 75% is of course governed by the CET. but they can charge whatever fees they like for the remaining 25%. And how much ever donation they want.

Of course, this year, the whole thing is screwed up as the Supreme Court has told the state govtr that it cannot force colleges to give seats to the CET. So, in the CET, this year there are hardly 8-10 engg colleges.

Nikhil said:
wow nice!!!

Where are you from originally?? and how much did you have to pay to get in :p ??

And which branch are you going to be joining???

Nothing. Regular fees. :p

BCA is what I'm joining.

Avtar said:
You think you'll get into Christ for an MCA?

It depends.....if he has got good marks throughout his BCA, why not?? He stands a decent enough chance.

BTW, now that you know abt Christ, I should tell you that Christ was the college from where I did my +2(called PU here in Karnataka).... and I hated it...... so goddamn strict abt everything....they required 90% attendence in my 2nd year :mad: :mad: :mad:

Got into trouble loads of times coz my attendence was low......

and I hear degree is only slightly better.....still very strict and all.

and now that Christ has got autonomy for degrees(BCA,Bcom, etc...), they can do as and how they please....

Nikhil said:

. I had gone their once to inquire abt a management qouta seat(because of the whole CET mess :p ) and the guy in charge(who happened to be from my old school) cooly asked for 8laks + fees.... and the fees itself would be 1 lakh per year :O :O

he he 8 lakhs is common for management quota in coimbatore...come here go to a certain college called PSGtech and ask them for a management quoata seat for mechanical engg and electronics and communication engg and he will ask u to pay 16 lakhs :O :rofl: ...any other course other than automobile engineering he will ask u 12 laks :rofl: and automobile engg will cost u 8 laks :bleh: .... :no:

Well as u guyz Know , I am frm Delhi so no CET shit for me ! Went to The following colleges for a seat in comp. sc. engg :

RV college of engg : 7 Lakhs + 1 Lakh Yearly Fees !
PESIT : 6 Lakhs + 1 Lakh Yearly Fees !
BMS Bangalore : 6 Lakhs + Fees !
Finally settled for BMS Yehlanka ! Payed 3 Lakhs + 80k Yearly Fees !:|

Well I Really don't Know , But Somehow People in North India Has This very Big Misconception That Studies in South India is Very very Good ! Well Maybe its True ! But Came to Bangalore coz I am Frm Delhi where there r only 3 good Engg universities : IIT , DCE and Indraprasta of which Getting into IIT and DCE is Damm Tough and Indraprasta is Really Cheap ! In my Opinion VTU is 10 Times better then Indraprast !

If VTU is 10 times better, then I shudder to think how bad it must really be....

coz VTU really really sucks.

So, you in BMSIT Bluffy?? You live in the hostel??

Back