PESIT Students

not exactly....when I wrote the CET, how the CET ranks were calculated were like this ---- 50% of the 12th marks(if it was PUC, the CET cell got it directly from the PU board and if a student was from 12th CBSE, they had to drop a photo copy of their marks sheet in a box outside the CET cell once their results were out) and 50% of the marks from the CET.....

But nowadays some people are telling me that this is not the case....am not too sure abt that.

Hunt3r would be in a better position to answer that

^^Abbe not like that. Half your CET score is based on ur 12th marks(PCMB only), its not that you have to score above 50%. Anyway this year though they had originally planned not to include the 12th marks, they eventually did inculde it. So coz i had screwed up my boards, my cet rank was really bad as well.

^^ Ohh ok, it was 50% in 12th. (Even if you score 90%, 50% of that is included not 45%).. and 50% of CET score :p

Now its 100% CET. Both boards and CET are huuge jokes anyways :lol:

But Now CET Rank is only Valid For Government engg colleges ! Private colleges Like PES , BMS , RV etc now have 100% Management quota so if U want to get into These colleges u Have to enter through Management quota which means u Have to give an Yearly Fees of 1 Lakh :( !

tamil nadu has all kinda weird systems...:lol: management quota...freedom fighter quota :S...sports quota..then all the other reservations put together..gives somethin like 70% reservation in the end :rofl: leaves blokes like me helpless ... the 50% boards + 50% CET cut off method is followed here too... i screwed up my CET:mad:

Bluffmaster said:
But Now CET Rank is only Valid For Government engg colleges ! Private colleges Like PES , BMS , RV etc now have 100% Management quota so if U want to get into These colleges u Have to enter through Management quota which means u Have to give an Yearly Fees of 1 Lakh :( !
or write COMED K ...

@Akshitmohan ---- yeah...the Karnataka CET is only for Karnataka students.

or write COMED K ...

It Should Not be or it should be and... Coz Irrespective of ur comed k score u Have to Pay the Same amount of Fees ! But Maybe Getting a good Rank in Comed k will Brighten ur chances of getting into a Good College with Less Donation !

Bluff, what the hell are you harping on and on about donation for. If you get a merit seat you dont have to pay donation!!! And yes whatever rank you get you pay the same fees in comedk, whats wrong in that. Theyve reduced the fees for it this year as well, its no longer 1 lakh pa.

^^My Rank in Comed K was 1261 , Yet I Had to Pay 3 Lakhs Donation ! If u Think tht getting a Good Rank in Comed k is enough to get to an Admission in top engg colleges Then Dream on.... , coz The Reality is somewat Different ! I am Speaking of my personal experiance here ! All These RV's and PES and BMS care abt is MONEY , U Throw it on Them and u Get a Seat even if u Haven't Given Comed k !

Yes thats a donation seat, not a merit seat. Your telling me that you went for counselling, got a seat through that and still had to pay 3 lakh donation??

Back