CPU/Mobo phenom 965 best cooler???

rdst_1

Skilled
hi everyone,
i am using msi790fx gd70 and phenom 965.
i want to purchase a cpu cooler.
plzz suggest. the best cooler.
my budget is 3000 (max). not even 3001.

later i will be upgrading to thuban so plz give the suggestions keeping this in mind.

Arctic Freezer pro Rev 2.0

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus + extra 120 mm fan

Cooler Master Hyper N520 92mm CPU Cooler

All are below 2.5 Grands...

bummpppppppppppppp

going Nehru Place today.
so plzz give final suggetsion. haven't decided yet.
but leaning towards hyper 212.

Hyper 212+...please remember the plus...

Xigy is also good, but would rpefer the 212+

Also look for the true rev c, if thats available then take that, but u need an extra fan

The old Hyper 212 (without plus) can also be fitted on the 965BE with the AM2 CPU bracket. I am using the same in my computer.

This information is just for reference and if buying a new cpu cooler, you you should get only the Hyper 212 Plus

Bobby

why not scythe mugen 2 ? One of the best air coolers under 5k. tough competition b/w mugen2, baram, D14 and arrow, and maybe Thor's Hammer too.

Phoenix is selling the mugen 2 for 3k. But shipping will be additional. Comes with a slip stream fan bundle and all brackets/plate for every current live sockets you could think off.

i recently purchased my new pc .... everything runs fine .. except that my 955 cpu fan is running tooo fast 5-6k rpm ....

m using MA-785GM-US2H

.... i used easy tune to reduce the fan speed ...... to 4.5k

the temp of the cpu is arnd 40-45 C

what should the normal fan speed be ...and normal temp ...

pls advice

amd fans rum really fast. minw one runs at 6666 rpm.

thats like a jet engine runing in my room.

i am upgrading for that reason only.

rdst_1 said:
amd fans rum really fast. minw one runs at 6666 rpm.
thats like a jet engine runing in my room.
i am upgrading for that reason only.

Errr did you not buy one already? What are you waiting for, despite all the suggestions given here?

i went to nehru place but was able to find only cooler master range at SMC.

and everyone in nehru place use to show me those 200rs cpu cooler.

so came back without buying any. only bought a segate 500gb for 2300.

and about N620 it is priced at 2900 and performs slightly better than hyper tx3 (difference of only 2 degrees or so). so i don't feel spending on N620.

i am looking for dealers ao that i can let my hands on

tuniq tower 120

or

venamous x

Xigmatek Dark Knight is a budget cooler, which competes against SCCF and the likes.

whereas mugen 2, venomous x, arrow, d14 etc are in different league, and mugen 2 is the cheapest among them and has all the necessary brackets bundled too.

i have a phenom 965

i want to oc it to 4 ghz (for games)

and i'll be runing it at 3.8ghz 24/7.

so dark knight would be enough for this or should i look at high end coolers?????

also will be upgrading to thuban after some timme. so suggest keeping this in mind.

mugen is just high end on performance. Its just over 600/- more than the dark knight. Its 2X worth the premium. Dark Knight is strictly an entry level cooler with 3 DHTs, while Mugen 2 has 5 pipes, and has lot better fin design and dimensions.

mugen 2 just puts other expensive coolers like D14 [5k] to shame.

so where can i get mugen2?????

and is mugen better then tuniq tower 120

and i have increased my budget now i can spend 4.5k on a good cooler.
but it should be the best one.

and i don't want to go with H50 cause i don't want water cooling.
i am designing my own water cooling. will be through with it in a month or two.
but that is only as a project. will not use it in my expensive pc. (really love my pc and don't want to take any risk).

tuniq 2 has fan built in. Has many cons for it.

*cant upgrade to HP fans like delta/kaze ultra etc.

*cleaning will be pita

*only one fan support

mugen 2 can have two fans, and you can have two hp fans on it, say 2* slipstream 1900/ST FM121 110 cfm if u want em to be silent, or 2* kaze ultra 133 cfm if looking for ultimate performance irrespective of noise.

mugen 2's fin gap being bit wider than venomousX or TRUE, ll work well with low static pressure fans like slip stream 1900/FM 121 etc.

TE official dealer Phoenix is selling mugen 2 for 3k. It comes bundled with all mounting brackets, backplate and a slip stream 1600 fan. ask him to exchange it with 1900 one before shipping, and maybe get another one too.

u cant get a better cooler @ 3.5k than the mugen 2+ 2* SS 1900. check its reviews.

Back