CPU/Mobo phenom 965 best cooler???

i am giving a pm to Phoenix for the mugen 2.

are there any revisions of the cooler i should look for.

and i am ordering it with 2* SS 1900.

is it ok.

i should order it with 2* slipstream 1900 or ST FM121 110 cfm.
i want mugen to perform the best and with silence.

which one has better looks???

any of them comes with a fan controller.????

and any of them is led fan???

(i am a noob when it comes to fans)

^Be warned, the Mugen 2 blocks the adjacent memory slot on almost all motherboards. If you have all the slots filled, don't bother with this heatsink.

I have used mugen 2 on x58-ud5, 790xt ud4p, 790gpt ud3h, biostar 790gx a3+, p55 ud4p, p55 gd65 without any problems. You have to install fan after installing fan. On amd mobos you could use the farther ram slots.
I have got noctua d14, it's huge and doesn't perform much better than scythe mugen 2. Just two degrees better on b55. mugen 2 is great VFM.

i am using 790fx gd70

the layout of this board is good and hope the cooler fits in without blocking the ram slots.

still googling about this.

phoneix replied at last and said
''its not in stock'''
can't believe this.

If you populate the farther memory slots from processor only in an AMD motherboard, is your system stable ?

I have a Asus M4A785TD-V-EVO and 2x2 GB GSkill Ripjaws memory. I get random crashes if i use the farther slots. It is rock stable if i uses the nearer slots to the processor.

My CM Hyper 212 2'nd fan blocks the 1'st memory slot, hence only able to use 1 fan at present.

Bobby

In MSI GD70 the slots away from the CPU are more stable for some reason.

Anyway I am going to be doing a round up of 8 coolers on the amd soon. Keep an eye out and maybe you can get some ideas.

I read somewhere that the black slots which are near to the CPU work more stable.

I don't beleive in this scrap.

How can this be.

I will run my system for next 10 days on blue slots and will report if I find any unstablity.

There shouldnt be any stability difference b/w the nearest and farthest mem slots. If there is, then it might be some manufacturing defect of that particular product.

Why don't you get a CM Hyper 212+? Should save you some time and moolah. I think this cooler bundles almost all retention kits to fit every damn socket out there.

i need a high end cooler.

which can make my phenom 965 to run for 4ghz 24/7.

i have read that hyper212+ is good but not the best.

@rdst_1

as mugen 2 is unavailable, u can checkout TRUE REv C and TRUE black Rev.c

Thermalright CPU Cooler TRUE Black 120 Rev. C

Thermalright CPU Cooler Ultra 120 Extreme Rev. C

both are really great coolers, but slightly lower than mugen 2. TRUE can get flaky and might tarnish according to your weather. TRUE black should be safe from weather.

Cogage arrow is good one too, but doesnt have Am3 brackets and with the bracket it ll be 4.2k+.

You will have to invest in good fans for TRUE/Black. They dun have fans bundled. Also their fins are close, so for pushing, a higher static pressure fan like the delta 120 cfm or the kaze ultra 133 cfm is better, nut are noisy.

dOm1naTOr said:
TRUE black should be safe from weather.

Not quite. I've been using one since a year now and the fins have developed a lot of scales. Surat experiences one of the worst humid climates despite not being very close to the sea. The black nickel coating was given to aid against scaling and corrosion but it appears the coating is flimsy.

Back