Budget 25-30k Phone for Day to Day use

sonu2007

Recruit
1. Budget?
A: INR 20k-30k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: No specific preference. Would like good screen resolution as per current trend.

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: Android, 12 or +

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G essential, 5G will be plus

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Any durable brand will work but without bloatware.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Live chat app (i provide live support for website visitors), Remote connections app (ssh - putty, RDP - Remote Desktop), several 2FA token apps, banking apps, Calls, Whatsapp, , GPS, Minimum camera use.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: dual SIM

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, led notification (My job is to respond email as soon as possible. Most of time i keep phone on silent mode. so led notification will help to identity), decent processor.
Currently use Lenovo P2 from last 4 years, it have great battery life but started lagging and due to old Android most apps not supporting.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: na

Samsung S20FE ? I heard a lot of good things about it in this forum.
Also, S21FE had great discounts during Diwali sale, but that is Exynos processor, which isn't as best as the one in S20FE in terms of battery life.

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Any durable brand will work but without bloatware.

In that case, ignore Mi/Redmi/Poco.

3k instant discount for Black Friday on the 8gb,128gb s20 FE making it 29.9k. Has AOD so you can see and not miss notifications. 2 year old flagship phone though. It will get Android 13 max i think.

Edit: pixel 6a is at 30k on Amazon.

Last edited:
3k instant discount for Black Friday on the 8gb,128gb s20 FE making it 29.9k. Has AOD so you can see and not miss notifications. 2 year old flagship phone though. It will get Android 13 max i think.
Its worth to invest in 2 year old model specially when it's limited OS update? What about battery backup, i heard it have lower uptime

Get any Samsung in that price range; the one recommended above is a solid option. They've significantly improved their OneUI, plus no annoying announcements when recording your calls.
Any specific mode do recommend? with good battery backup and led notification (if possible)

Realme is same as Mi? Ads n all?

Its worth to invest in 2 year old model specially when it's limited OS update? What about battery backup, i heard it have lower uptime
Are you looking for long term use or day to day use? If you are looking at long term use then better wait for new phones to release in January-March 2023.
Flagship phone will always have lower battery life since their chipset are high end performance chips. So to answer your question, it's not worth to invest in a two year old phone if you want a long os update time.

Are you looking for long term use or day to day use? If you are looking at long term use then better wait for new phones to release in January-March 2023.
Flagship phone will always have lower battery life since their chipset are high end performance chips. So to answer your question, it's not worth to invest in a two year old phone if you want a long os update time.
I am using Lenovo P2 from last 4 years and i am planning same with new phone

Moto G82 for 20k should suffice IMO
Last month i bought G72 for my mother so not planning to add another moto device at this moment. Let see how durable moto are

Realme is same as Mi? Ads n all?
Realme doesn't show ads as aggressively as Xiaomi and it can be disabled using a one-click button in Settings.

It have some bloatware like Phone manager, finshell pay, hot app etc. But you can easily debloat them using Universal Android Debloater from GitHub. I have listed most of the bloatware apps of Realme/Oppo in this tool.

+1 for S20 FE. Currently using one for about 10 months. It recently got the latest Android OS update and it's running even better now (it is the final major update it will get though).

kind of surprising no one recommended nothing phone 1 already
Nothing Phone 1 has become a worthy suggestion only recently after the drop in price and the launch of Android 13 Beta which started 15th December. The Android 13 Beta fixed a lot of issues with the phone and even enhanced the camera quality.

Before the Android 13 update, the phone was shit show with multiple bugs and worse battery.

S20 FE 5G vs Edge 30 which is one good in terms of processor and battery combination?
Edge 30, easy pick. For an extra 6k, I dont see anything setting the S20 FE apart from the Edge 30, except for cameras. Battery life will be roughly the same for both phones, and SD 778G on Edge 30 is on par with SD 865.

Back