Budget 15-20K Phone Purchase in a few days! EDIT: Bought LG Optimus L9

shanx

Disciple
1. Budget?
A: 15-20k(may go up by 1k-1.5k)
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: TFT/LCD/AMOLED
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Indian or Chinese local brands!
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Anything with more than 5MP and need a secondary camera
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android or Windows ( Open to both)
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G(NFC would also be appreciated!)
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Internet/Messaging/Camera/Lots of whatsapp and skype/Calling
10. Any other requirements?
A: I don't want a dual sim phone!
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Lumia 720
Xperia ION

Galaxy Note

I have considered the other three but am also willing to look around for more! Please suggest some good phones in this price bracket!
Thanks a ton guys!

I dont know much about the Note and the ION, but i would say stay away from the Lumia 720 as it is WP8 based Initially i heard that the main drawbacks is it supports only a handful of video codecs , but i was hopeful that it would serve as a device to view word files on the GO flawlessly . Recently i was shocked to hear that the device lacks the ability to view WORD files placed in folders . When contacted CC, i was told that the files placed in a folder will not be visible. under word application.
However no idea about 720, but i think regardless of the lineup, if it is windows phone 8, as of now no option to view word files placed inside folders.

This is very frustating. And you know about apps for WP8 and i need not comment about that . So make a wise decision. Advanced wishes for your purchase

thanks jinvidia for the heads up i was leaning towards the lumia 720 but you're info has made me think twice! I think more flaws will come out! Any suggestions on a good phone in this range??

I tried out an xperia SP and i wasnt satisfied with the overall experience! Its nothing too impressive! In my area the nexus 4 is available only in the 16gb variant and that costs around 26k! I dont want to spend so much considering i will be using the phone for a year or so. Is the 820 better than the 720?? Like i can get the 720 for as low as 15k( in exchange for my curve 8520). If i do get the 720 will i get bored considering i have been using android for the last 3 years now? Also how much would a galaxy S2 cost now and how would you rate its performance now? One more thing i can get an htc one x for around 22k is it worth it??[DOUBLEPOST=1372176636][/DOUBLEPOST]also how would the one s stack up??

Except for the washed out screen i found SP to be quite impressive, at least it did not have the lag that Z & S4 had during my brief experience. But yes, the icons looks really milky on SP's screen. Videos on the other hand looked good once bravia engine came into action.

ok so i checked out the SP again and yes the colours are washed out!
The One X is no longer available in 16GB, only the 64GB model is available. Frankly speaking i don't need that much of space and the price is 28k.
There is an Iphone 4 available for 20.5k after a 6k rebate on the curve 8520 and my other option is to go for a nexus 4. I am leaning towards the nexus 4. I like to play games when i am on the move and enjoy a movie or two while travelling. I text a lot and whatsapp throughout the day. will the 2100mah battery last me a day on 3g?? If so then is the nexus the most logical choice??

If you are used to Android then IMO its best to stick with Android. The Nexus is the best device for Android if you want the latest updates quickly and have the smoothest response.

No real idea about real world battery life though.

Nexus 4 without a doubt!!But only if you are open to rooting.After rooting the device is a beast!!Check out this video
And battery is good enough.Never had any problems.Though my usage is low so better to consult others in that area

If you're open to grey market purchase then a brand new HTC One X 32GB is available for 18k, here in Hyderabad. Check your local grey market if you want one. Excellent phone for the money. Just read an article where it was among the Top 5 TECHS ever made (build quality).

Right now i am fixating on the Nexus 4. I own a HP touchpad and i am using CM10 on it. I simply love the stock android ( CM10 is almost pure AOSP). Previously i have used Samsung, HTC and Sony android phones and i dont like the over intrusive skins! I want a pure android experience! 16gb is quite a lot of space and i dont store much on my phone ( have a habit of saving pics to my pc daily if i click any). So with these thoughts is it ok to carry out the Nexus 4 purchase?? or should i give some thought to the S3??[DOUBLEPOST=1372404580][/DOUBLEPOST]also how fragile is the Nexus 4??? I dont drop my phones but i still want to know!

Right now i am fixating on the Nexus 4. I own a HP touchpad and i am using CM10 on it. I simply love the stock android ( CM10 is almost pure AOSP). Previously i have used Samsung, HTC and Sony android phones and i dont like the over intrusive skins! I want a pure android experience! 16gb is quite a lot of space and i dont store much on my phone ( have a habit of saving pics to my pc daily if i click any). So with these thoughts is it ok to carry out the Nexus 4 purchase?? or should i give some thought to the S3??[DOUBLEPOST=1372404580][/DOUBLEPOST]also how fragile is the Nexus 4??? I dont drop my phones but i still want to know!
Only the 16GB version of Nexus 4 is officially available in India which costs around 24-25k. It is the phone to go for if you like Vanilla android. Regarding the fragility, there have been reports of the glass being delicate but unless drop it from a considerable height then you shouldn't worry.

There have been cases when the back glass has broken on it's own. Also since this is a phone with glass on both sides you will have to be a little extra careful just like in the case of iPhone.

There have been cases when the back glass has broken on it's own. Also since this is a phone with glass on both sides you will have to be a little extra careful just like in the case of iPhone.

on its own :(
Then i should steer clear of this?? I do tend to throw my phone on the bed ![DOUBLEPOST=1372416030][/DOUBLEPOST]i dont intend to buy a phone for the next 2 years plus i will be going abroad next year to study! So i dont want a phone that will break on its own! Please suggest a good sturdy phone ! Right now the max i can stretch to is 26k which will get me a S3.

on its own :(
Then i should steer clear of this?? I do tend to throw my phone on the bed ![DOUBLEPOST=1372416030][/DOUBLEPOST]i dont intend to buy a phone for the next 2 years plus i will be going abroad next year to study! So i dont want a phone that will break on its own! Please suggest a good sturdy phone ! Right now the max i can stretch to is 26k which will get me a S3.

Don't worry its not that fragile that it would break on throwing on the bed,
just avoid dropping it on the road regularly and if you are that paranoid i suggest you buy a case for it.

ok! but the nexus still seems fragile as many people have reported the glass cracking due to temperature changes!
I was considering the lumia 720 but too many complaints on the touchscreen just refusing to work!
I am back to the drawing board here! don't know which phone to pick now! :( :( :'(

Back