Budget 15-20K Phone Purchase in a few days! EDIT: Bought LG Optimus L9

shanx

Disciple
1. Budget?
A: 15-20k(may go up by 1k-1.5k)
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: TFT/LCD/AMOLED
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Indian or Chinese local brands!
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Anything with more than 5MP and need a secondary camera
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android or Windows ( Open to both)
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G(NFC would also be appreciated!)
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Internet/Messaging/Camera/Lots of whatsapp and skype/Calling
10. Any other requirements?
A: I don't want a dual sim phone!
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Lumia 720
Xperia ION

Galaxy Note

I have considered the other three but am also willing to look around for more! Please suggest some good phones in this price bracket!
Thanks a ton guys!

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Samsung-Goog...?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item35c9633b29#shId
how good is this compared to the Optimus L9?? The dealer is from kolkata and i have sent him an email asking him if he can arrange for a local pickup instead of sending it as a courier to me. How good is the battery life on this phone for my needs? Thanks a ton in advance for your input. My BB 8520 had a nice bath in the rain today so i dont know how much longer it will hold out! If the Nexus Prime is good will buy it![DOUBLEPOST=1373978524][/DOUBLEPOST]ok that listing has ended so cant get that. Still looking forward to optimus l9! :|

Well the Samsung phone has a better display. More ppi and better black levels.

It also has 16 GB memory BUT its not expandable. So if you have large movie collection or music collection you will run out of space.

Since its a Google phone you will get the latest OS, tons of custom ROMs and will probably get the latest 5.0 OS as well.

Negatives is that there is no manufacturer warranty and the fixed memory.

Other than that the phone has a good enough battery to last a day and a fast enough processor to provide a smooth experience.

Ok guys went to Chandni market today and it seems like the Optimus L9 is available for 16k and the Lumia 720 is 17.3k.
In case i can get a Xperia ION will it be better than both??? Battery life is key!

Xperia ION has better screen, better camera, better internal memory and is generally a really good phone BUT it has a non user replaceable battery and its current battery is average at best. You will get around the same amount of battery life as the LG L9. The LG doesn't have as good a screen as the ION but it has a user replaceable battery and a slightly better processor.

Honestly if battery life is a real priority the Lumia 720 is your best bet. There is no real flaw in that phone except that it has WP8 which I really don't care for w.r.t. to no of free apps and its 512 MB ram which limits few certain apps from running on it.

actually this shopkeeper had an ION as his personal use phone and i instantly loved the phone! :D So was asking and i am cool with a non user replacable battery. I got to use a Lumia 720 quite extensively and i dont like the fact that it has 512MB RAM and i dont want the screen to hang!!!

Well then go for the ION if you like it. The 720 has known to hang on occasion by quite a few people. At the price of the ION, you also get a few other Xperia devices like the SL, V and S. The SL and S come with a 4.3 inch screen but keeps the 1280 x 720 resolution which gives greater PPI than even the Iphone 5. The ION and V have a slightly bigger screen though. The ION has the biggest battery among all these devices but the ION also has the biggest screen size.

as much as i would love to get an ION, its priced too steep in Kolkata! I dont want to spend that much now! Will purchase a phone in a couple of days as i am still looking for a good prices! The grey market guys are not dealing it right for some reason, they quoted showroom prices today!!! :O I have one final question for my fellow TE'ians : How long does the galaxy s advance last with 3g connection? Is it possible to get a day with it?[DOUBLEPOST=1374526310][/DOUBLEPOST]also can anyone who purchased the s advance recently tell me if you are still getting the in ear headset with this?

Ok guys need your input real quick! Will buy my phone today.
How good is the 520 for whatsapping and texting? Will it last a day? Or should i just get the S advance. Right now the OS does not matter! I mainly need whatsapp, texting, a few phone calls for 2 hours max and little bit of 3g browsing!
Budget is 14k max for now bought a few things for my music production so spent the money!!! :D :p[DOUBLEPOST=1374758486][/DOUBLEPOST]Just bought the optimus L9 and boy o boy i am loving it!! I got the ICS edition while another friend bought the JB edition! Quite a lot of differences!! Will post a detailed review of it! Also we got the flipcover for free :D Thanks everyone for your input!

Mods you may close the thread!

Back