Budget 15-20K Phone under 20,000

bssunilreddy

Skilled
Hello,

1. Budget?
A: INR 20k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 6.7", IPS AMOLED, FHD and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: Android 12.0

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 5G would be an added advantage

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, mails and internet

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, microSD card slot if internal storage <128GB

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Realme Narzo 50 Pro & Poco X5 Pro

Which phone is best under 20,000

I saw reviews of Realme Narzo 50 Pro & Poco X5 Pro.
Which is best among the above?
Any other alternative phone can be suggested? Please tell me.

Thanks.

whatever phone you end up buying, just don't consider a xiaomi/poco phone. Their QC in past years have gone absolutely downhill and they are persistent on not listening to repeated customer complaints.

If you need a source from where I'm claiming such thing, please watch this video by Bhavesh Rai who talks on the same.

Narzo 50 pro but screen might be a little smaller. I have 2 of these. They are pretty good and snappy.
Please dont get anything POCO or Xiaomi. Quality control is terrible. Just search Poco on twitter and you'll see.
Best option would have been Neo 3t in sale at exact 20k. That phone is insanely fast and Super fast charging. Flipkart is starting another sale today, see if it shows up or on realme website. If you had to speand 1-2k more I would say the difference is well worth it.

How is this phone: Take a look at this vivo T2 5G (Nitro Blaze, 128 GB) on Flipkart
Spending 20K and getting a Snapdragon 695 doesn't make sense to me. Maybe wait a month if you can; there are many new phone launches happening this month.

Moto G73 & iQoo Z7 (not Z7s) are my recommendations under 20k. G73 lacks AMOLED, but stock android lacks any ads or nagwares. With some modification, Z7 is definitely worth considering.

Normal vivo & oppo phones are always a poor value, blindly ignore them. Their own iqoo & realme will have better value for money phones, that's by design.

whatever phone you end up buying, just don't consider a xiaomi/poco phone. Their QC in past years have gone absolutely downhill and they are persistent on not listening to repeated customer complaints.

If you need a source from where I'm claiming such thing, please watch this video by Bhavesh Rai who talks on the same.

Differ on this. I have had 3 MI phones in past 5 years with no issues. K20 from 2019 till now.
Currently have a Samaung Tab of only 1 year 3 months and battery has swelled up.

Last edited:
Differ on this. I have had 2 MI phones in past 5 years with no issues.
Currently have a Samaung Tab of only 1 year 3 months and battery has swelled up.
Which phones exactly did you have? Phones such as the POCO F1 might be an exception but it wasn't perfect as well. I returned mine since the bottom of the screen had yellow tint than the rest of the display and was pretty noticable. Maybe they fixed it in their later batches of phones but they have a history of such QC issues since long.

Oh and the infamous motherboard fiasco on Xiaomi phones. Not everyone faces such things but the rate was pretty high. Just take a look on the web.

Moto G73 & iQoo Z7 (not Z7s) are my recommendations under 20k. G73 lacks AMOLED, but stock android lacks any ads or nagwares. With some modification, Z7 is definitely worth considering.

Normal vivo & oppo phones are always a poor value, blindly ignore them. Their own iqoo & realme will have better value for money phones, that's by design.
why iQoo Z7 and not iQoo Z7s? processor?

If you can spend a little extra then look for Moto series Edge 30. It might be slightly expensive than 20k, but the extra cost is worth it.
It has 128gb, hybrid sim provision.

I agree with not spending money on the Poco series. I had purchased a Poco X3 and after A11 update, the camera application went bad, battery became pathetic. I sold it as got Moto edge 20 and I am happy with it. Best decision when it came to purchasing phones.
if you really want to go with Mi/Poco devices, then make sure you never apply even a single update or flash a custom rom. Their updates are basically downgrades which are work in progress to eventually persuade you to get a new phone. This crap has been happening post corona. Devices prior to that were relatively of better quality, not anymore!!

Back