Budget 41-50k Photo and Video editing rig for 45k

I think this will allow me to directly upgrade to a renoir APU (after release of AMD 4000 series)

Mobo - Asrock B450 Pro4 - 8.6k

Supporting 4000 series proccies, be it Zen2 based APUs or Zen3 based CPU, is up to manufacturers. You may or may not be able to upgrade to Renoir directly.

Supporting 4000 series proccies, be it Zen2 based APUs or Zen3 based CPU, is up to manufacturers. You may or may not be able to upgrade to Renoir directly.

I guess thats a risk. It that case my CPU update path will be limited to ryzen 3000 series. I wsa hoping for support atleast for 4000 series APUs as they use Zen 2 architecture itself.
Another option is to go with MSI tomahawk max, as MSI has confirmed that they will extend support for the 4000 series processors for the B450 MAX series. The Problem then is that I wanted 2 monitor setup and possiblity to upgrade monitor to 4k with renoir APU. It does not have a display port and the HDMI out does not support 4k. The tomahawk is lacking their but has the 6 SATA ports which is another requirement.
Are their any better choice of motherboards available right now.

Last edited:
ryzen 200GE (less hit on pocket) or else 3200g ,power supply as we said earlier to get a better one atleast 650 watts ram get two sticks in single pack,their memory IC should match for stability ,cabinet idk but would have preferred CM NR600 (difficult to get one) but i think you prefer razzle dazzle :cool:
Post automatically merged:

get any of the MSI MAX mobo ,or else scavange through manufacturers support section to check BIOS version and cpu support ,some manufactures have pushed Renoir bios

Guys went with the said system as I will be doing photo editing works in the meantime. I guess I will have to live with the 3-4k loss when reselling this or reuse the CPU in another system (which is highly likely now).
Ordered all the parts online. waiting for the delivery.
The B450 bios update is risk I am taking with this purchase. I guess if it does not get support for more processors my upgrade path will limited to zen 2 higher core count CPs which in itself is not a bad upgrade.
Will keep you all posted.

Guys All the components arrived yesterday. Assembled and installed windows and basic drivers today. The only niggle was that the CX550 came with square pin cable and I tried it using an adapter. The system didn't switch on. Although it made me worried for a moment, once I switched to one I had everything works fine. The system feels snappy compared to my sandybridge based dell laptop.

Thanks a lot guys for the support.
Thank you @OMEGA44-XT, @burntwingzZz & @vyral_143.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-08-12 at 11.04.45 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-08-12 at 11.04.45 AM.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 109
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-08-12 at 11.05.40 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-08-12 at 11.05.40 AM.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 108
Congratulations ! Consider writing a build log may be ?

I am not familiar with what goes into a build log. If you can tell me and if that helps the community I will be more than willing to write a build log. Or maybe share a build log so that I can understand what goes into these

Congratulation.. final damage.?

Rs 38614
PCPartpicker link with price details
Post automatically merged:

Basically, you pour in your thought process behind build.

Thats a wonderful write up. Wonder why there are build logs like this. Will try to do such a write up. But I don't think I will reach the level of goodness in your article.

Thats a wonderful write up.
Thanks.

Wonder why there are build logs like this.
It would help to have solution/approach documented to a use-case. We might see that for XYZ usage we have ABC build recommendation. But a build log can have logical reasoning behind it. It may help people to decide or find VFM components.

Will try to do such a write up. But I don't think I will reach the level of goodness in your article.
There is a starting point for everyone !

Back