Photography Lovers

medpal said:
eazy look what i have done to your image you took photo of an ornament and i made it a portfolio image for a jeweller.

now if someone can teach me how to make a light shadow falling on this ornament to make it glow would look stunning.

Believe it or not these are for a jeweller friends portfolio. I had shot many pictures and did not want him to be aware about these retouching posibilities or I will get stuck with doing this procedure on hundreds of pictures. Shhhhh !!! :D

Now I better hide this picture of the work you have done.... :)

Eazy posted 2.22 minutes later:

funkymonkey said:
Manually try changing R,G and B levels.
It will revive the photos that went bad.

Manually = time and energy
Laziness = ME :)

@Eazy :
which camera do you use?
if your camera has indoors feature then use it with macro mode and keep flash off while shooting jewelleries.

second if you want it more prominent use a dark cloth below or behind it so that minimal reflections arise. which may take shine off from a great pic of yours.

enjoy.

ps: i noticed lated you use canon powershot a 400 it must have that option under SCN mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
medpal said:
@Eazy :
which camera do you use?
if your camera has indoors feature then use it with macro mode and keep flash off while shooting jewelleries.

second if you want it more prominent use a dark cloth below or behind it so that minimal reflections arise. which may take shine off from a great pic of yours.

enjoy.

ps: i noticed lated you use canon powershot a 400 it must have that option under SCN mode.

Hey medpal .... I did Pro Photography a long while back ... I did a bit Jewelry shooting for some Exporters... I had prof photo equipment at that time..... Hassleblads and Nikon F3's. I did my Jewelry shooting with Nikon Macro Lenses and Light Tents and Reflectors and Spot lights for picking up the sparkle of Jewelry. I also did a major Jewelry shoot for the Taj Mahal Hotel Magazine a few years back.

This shot I have put up here is a quickie type of thing.. free for an old friend.... used my Canon A400 with one Table Lamp and my trusty Lieca Table Tripod to avoid shake. I did not have the Blue Velvet background handy - just a quicky shoot.

I have now stopped doing Pro Photography and sold off all my equipment :(

try getting a different angle. Everyone sees a flower from that point of veiw. Try to take photos at angles where you can discover new things from it. A popular one for many subjects would be from the ground up.

Good luck ;)

Eazy said:
Hey medpal .... I did Pro Photography a long while back ... I did a bit Jewelry shooting for some Exporters... I had prof photo equipment at that time..... Hassleblads and Nikon F3's. I did my Jewelry shooting with Nikon Macro Lenses and Light Tents and Reflectors and Spot lights for picking up the sparkle of Jewelry. I also did a major Jewelry shoot for the Taj Mahal Hotel Magazine a few years back.

This shot I have put up here is a quickie type of thing.. free for an old friend.... used my Canon A400 with one Table Lamp and my trusty Lieca Table Tripod to avoid shake. I did not have the Blue Velvet background handy - just a quicky shoot.

I have now stopped doing Pro Photography and sold off all my equipment :(

that got me a hidden treasure in you man. i am a learning hobby photographer. i will bump you every now and then for tips.

sorry for you as you sold off your equipments. that would have come handy now in digital age.

medpal posted 4.58 minutes later:

nice pic there blue try more zooming using macro mode and manual focus.

Thats a flower alright ! :clap: (i wasn't expecting anything else)

Here are a couple of pics i took last year down south.

Regards

Inzider

This is apparently some kind of orchid flower. Very beautiful. My mother has a few of these plants. I'd be thankful if somebody can tell me the name of this flower. Camera- CanonA70

Some interesting modes of transport in USA.

This is Chicago in 2003 June. I took this snap because this place almost look like an old European City

And this is NY 2004. Never knew that this thing is operational in NY also.

Hope you liked these.

@bluediamond

I like your pictures ... BUT... you have to get them to be more sharp. If you try to take these type of pictures you have to freeze the moment and the way to do that could be with using the flash along with the available light. It is necessary to manipulate the amount of natural light available and the light of the flash to get the effect you want.

As and Example here is a picture I took. Living in Mumbai we do not have space for a garden around the house so we have a few pots hanging out of the Window. I took this picture with the flower pot kept near the window late evening and held a cardboard piece to put a shadow on the background and took the
picture with the A400 ( camera purchased thanks to you :) )

Here is a site which has tutorials on picture taking...

http://www.photoxels.com/digital-photography-tutorials.html

EDIT: I took another close look at your pics and I think they are really nice. The Focus seems to be there in some pics but not on the main subject - are you using AiAF focusing ? I found that I got better focusing with the A400 when I switch this off.

Eazy said:
@bluediamond

I like your pictures ... BUT... you have to get them to be more sharp. If you try to take these type of pictures you have to freeze the moment and the way to do that could be with using the flash along with the available light. It is necessary to manipulate the amount of natural light available and the light of the flash to get the effect you want.

As and Example here is a picture I took. Living in Mumbai we do not have space for a garden around the house so we have a few pots hanging out of the Window. I took this picture with the flower pot kept near the window late evening and held a cardboard piece to put a shadow on the background and took the
picture with the A400 ( camera purchased thanks to you :) )

Here is a site which has tutorials on picture taking...

http://www.photoxels.com/digital-photography-tutorials.html

EDIT: I took another close look at your pics and I think they are really nice. The Focus seems to be there in some pics but not on the main subject - are you using AiAF focusing ? I found that I got better focusing with the A400 when I switch this off.
thnks for tips..
hmm.. i havent used flash for any of the pics...(to save battery :p )mayb its will take more time for me to understand ur 1st para.. :S

AiAf focusing? i donno.. i took most of them in macro mode, then adjusted the exposure..white balalce to daylight, effect vivid..tats all i remeber now..
seems i missed something from manual.. :D
well wat the hols are for thn.. ;) will know more available features..
ty.. :)

hey eazy thats a great site.
thanks bro

@bd :
how do you find this pic (any one else who can improve my skill and give me a tut on learning photoshop is also welcome to comment)

i did cropping and applied a lot of filters and adjusted the levels and did many a things and result is in front of you.

Back