Photography Lovers

Eazy said:
Here is a picture I took of a flower...

I removed the original picture ....here is another picture of the same flower which I think is quite a bit better. I use this picture as my wallpaper and therefore I have extra space on the bottom for placing the icons.

i can only post a couple of my pics as my main comp, which has all my pics, is on the fritz.

This is of a ground orchard (apparently) just took a standard shot. wanted it more for the colours.

This one i was experimenting with the potrait feature to fade out the background. (didnt work to well and looks like a standard infocus-outoffocus shot)

This was taken in nagercoil (near the windmill farm). just loved the colour of the sky and the whole sillouette deal.

This one my dad took. Can someone help me sharpen the bug please?

This was on the road to bangalore. Again, loved the colours.

Suggestions and tips are welcome.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

well, this is my current wallpaper.i liked this very much. everything in there, sun, flower, plants, sky, tree,...

nice work medpal.. wen did u turned from photography to photshop!;)

and is it necessay when u take photos of flowers, the background shud be dim/dark?(medpal's work)

and use of flash? ( eazy's words)

@blade, can i rate my threads :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes u can can ! Make sure you do it honestly. Infact every member should rate the threads as and per what they deserve.

And btw thats a good photo !

bluediamond said:

... as a rough example of the effects of using Flash.... here are 2 shots I took one after another from same angle. One is only available daylight from a Window which is on the left and the other is with the same daylight + flash on camera. See the difference in colour saturation and sharpness and the way the background has gone darker.

There is no other change in these 2 pictures except for the Flash being used in one.

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

bluediamond said:
nice work medpal.. wen did u turned from photography to photshop!;)

and is it necessay when u take photos of flowers, the background shud be dim/dark?(medpal's work)

@blade : thanks for your compliments.

@bluediamond : when you focus intensively on an object the background will go darker relative to the object in focus.

here i have used layer mask with reveal all option and also applied the neon glow to the flower to make it brighter and to make effect brighter i applied the darken filter.

@bluediamond : to enjoy your digicam fully you do need to have a handfull knowledge of photoshop. and i am taking my first steps towards it.

seriously talking these experiments were my first hands on work with ps on images earlier i had only auto levels and red eye reductions.

lets make a good learning group and learn from ps gurus on te.

will you be my practical partner? :bleh:

Originally Posted by bluediamond
....and use of flash? ( eazy's words)
Here is an experiment I did with fill in flash ... see the difference it makes to the building in the background and the flowers too.

only daylight...

IMG_0509.jpg

with fill in flash.....

IMG_0510.jpg

@Eazy: u doing ths in foliage mode..
i like tat mode, for its colours..and sharpness.. especially for flowers.. but the white flower was manual mode i think..

bluediamond said:
@Eazy: u doing ths in foliage mode..
i like tat mode, for its colours..and sharpness.. especially for flowers.. but the white flower was manual mode i think..

I totally forgot about trying out these mode options... I have never used them so far. I have always used Manual mode. I always keep the Exposure at -2/3 (two third) this gives a slight deeper colours. I used to do this even with my Film cameras. If you shoot a lot of flower pictures with available daylight then you should try out the fill in flash - if done correctly this can give very nice flower colours with a darker background. Its a pity that the A400 does not have Manual exposure control - this would have let me control the pictures to a great extend.

bluediamond said:
k..
fill in flash is just taking photos with flash na..
ther's exposure control in a400 manual mode....i hav tried it..

Yup - but you have to balance the flash and daylight to get required effects - like darkening the backgound by having more light from the flash on the subject than the amount of daylight present. I used to do a lot of this when I used to shoot with regular film cameras. But the A400 is a bit restrictive with this because it does not have full user settings of Aperture or Shutter Speed - you can only do a manual exposure compensation in which the camera selects the Aperture and Shutter Speed with no information provided about what settings have been selected.

Back