Android Pixel 7 network issues

jojorabbit

Disciple
Bought pixel 7 on launch day, Using it with 2 sims , Jio e-sim and Airtel virtual sim

most of the problems Im facing are with the jio one,

- many times, i never receive a call, only a sms long time later that I've a missed call from a particular number , happens more often with commercial calls, like swiggy, zomato, delhivery and amazon

- turning on jio 5g is a big hit or miss, sometimes it just doesnt work, even if i restart or toggle airplane mode

anybody else facing the same issues ?

It’s common Known Exynos modem problem, Jio lose VOLTE as they don’t have any thing lower than 4G network and all their voice call use VOLTE.
Google will do nothing in future as they don’t want to cannibalize Samsung S Series phone sale...because Samsung represent / showcase Android in the market / Segment.

well, this just sucks , i was really hoping they solved all their 6 lineup modem troubles, and now this . Is it just an Indian network thing . being exclusively volte for calling ?
I dont think that issue is fixed even when wifi is connected and wifi calling is on

so no fix for this at all ?

Last edited:
It’s common Known Exynos modem problem, Jio lose VOLTE as they don’t have any thing lower than 4G network and all their voice call use VOLTE.
Google will do nothing in future as they don’t want to cannibalize Samsung S Series phone sale...because Samsung represent / showcase Android in the market / Segment.
What exynos have to do with Google?

google asked for more control over qualcomm chips just like tensor chip , but they rejected google's request, so they are limited to using samsung's inferior chips only. Also samsung being the face of the android industry, they just dont want any fallouts with samsung.

Back