Android Pixel 7 network issues

_Alucard_

Disciple
I bought Pixel 7 on its launch day here, and since then its giving me constant network trouble , both regarding calls and data usage

Many calls get filtered out , mostly from corporate numbers like swiggy/ola/delhivery , for them my number is either switched off or busy. sometimes i get notifications of their misscalls, but like 10-20 minutes later.
regular numbers also have problems as well, but not as frequent.

On network side, it was somewhat good with jio 4g (e-sim), but since 5g rollout, its been downright unusable, many time i don't even get consistent signal outside my home .
and data also keep interchanging between lte and 5g on its own.
Airtel is good in that regard tho .

What are my options with this phone then ? its not able to perform the very primary function of being a mobile and hampering my daily life now

is there a way to fix it, or selling it now is the only option ?
also what phone will you recommend in that scenerio, considering big billion days is close now

I would suggest having a look at your DND preferences or go to phone settings {in the phone or call app /settings} and turn off spam filter as your phone might be using Google s native spam filter.

For data, if there is option then select 4g only in network settings, 5g is crap for now

Last edited:
Yes, as above. I missed out on many Amazon delivery calls due to the utterly stupid spam filter of Google dialler. They would just block these calls for God knows why! Along with some other calls as well. So that's the first thing i would check.
But do keep in mind pixels generally have terribly weak modems leading to poor reception issues anyway. So in that case I'll always say to someone who uses pixel as his primary

Recommendation? iPhone, i mean obviously. What else is even there!

i have disabled that annoying filter and caller name display, it helped a bit if i recall correctly, but problem didnt go away.
dnd isnt on, and switching to lte doesnt help much either .

can i claim warranty on this , or selling it is the only solution ? srsly never buying an exynos phone again

Yes, as above. I missed out on many Amazon delivery calls due to the utterly stupid spam filter of Google dialler. They would just block these calls for God knows why! Along with some other calls as well. So that's the first thing i would check.
But do keep in mind pixels generally have terribly weak modems leading to poor reception issues anyway. So in that case I'll always say to someone who uses pixel as his primary

Recommendation? iPhone, i mean obviously. What else is even there!
yea , i kinda even hate iphone/ios because of its closed ecosystem and rigidity , but theres just no good stock android phone once oneplus went down the gutter.
every other phone seems to be lacking in something or has sky high prices. even pixel 7 I was regretting a bit but theres simply no better option, atleast in android .

zenphone 9/10 were kinda my dream phones, but didnt even came here

Try getting into the beta of Carrier Services on the Play Store. After installing the beta on my 6a, the calls are clear and i get calls on 5g too. It will latch on to 5g signal and stay like that till i try to browse or use data. Then it falls down to 4g. Still doesn't match to SD chips though.

Back