PlanetSide 2 - Discussion Thread

How is the beta impression guys ??
my gtx460 is struggling. so not getting into huge firefights. apart from that it's quite good if you join a squad where the squad leaders are using voice comm and co-ordinating attacks. guns are not as surreal as in battlefield 3 but i'm getting used to them.
I'm more recklessly running around and getting killed by friendly tanks than enemies' :p

btw there is supposed to be an australian server also at launch.

_

Still not received a beta invite and yet Sony is trying to already sell me stuff in the game via email :-|

Finally downloaded the beta. All the servers are down. The AU server appears to have been created. Which server do you guys play on?

Finally downloaded the beta. All the servers are down. The AU server appears to have been created. Which server do you guys play on?

The beta is closing on 16th and the game is launching on 20th ;) I used to play on the EU server. servers are time bound, will be online only for a few hours. check the timings in the forum.

currently not playing any games, waiting for a new gfx card.

_

Lol got invite to the beta yest ... plus got 5 keys for buddies. If it will close so soon might not try it out. If anyone wanna check it ping me i can send you the keys.

Its out today and available for free download directly from SOE as well as on Steam.

Anyone playing it? Any Asian servers?

Didn't play the first one.

What I want to know is hows the flying bit like?

Guess I will check out some videos....

Gameplay is nice though this game is very demanding/resource heavy in order to play on High settings. No Asian server but you have choice from EU, US (East Coast), US (West Coast) and AU.

I have made a TR character on Helios server -US (West Coast)

I'm playing on Miller (EU) as Vanu (though planning to create both TR & NC characters to test everything out)

Can anyone tell me how to spawn in Amerish? I have tried three servers but all in Indar or Esamir. Is there a way to change continents or see which server is in which continent?

Can anyone tell me how to spawn in Amerish? I have tried three servers but all in Indar or Esamir. Is there a way to change continents or see which server is in which continent?

Just select map via 'M'. And cycle through the continents on the top left corner of the screen. You should have various deploy options depending on where the action is.

Also playing as Terran Republic on Mallory (EU). And also playing a little bit as Vanu on Soltech (US East).

I am playing with a few friends on Helios (TR) and Jaeger (VS). Gameplay is much better compared to what it was during beta.

The new update screwed the framerates a bit but overall game is smooth. Warpgates have been rotated and it seems they have some bigger plans. They are making the game feature again like original PlanetSide like map, zooming blah blah

^^^ yeah they are doing a hotfix to address the framerate issues I think.

I personally like the increased xp points and cert gain. earlier nothing was rewarding except for killing sunderers. now it feels much better. hopefully I can justify spending my certs on the c4 soon :p

_

Back