Car & Bike Planning to buy Automatic hatchback with safety features

Ohk. But do you think this price is ok or not for the age and kms of the vehicle ?
Btw here is the link of the listing...

www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-mumbai/hyundai-i20-2008-2010-d607637

yes price looks okey, considering its not from individual and also with warranty. Being an auto you can be sure that there is no clutch abuse (people riding the clutch causing unnecessary wear).
a little bargaining could get you new tyres/some accessories from Mahindra First choice.

yes price looks okey, considering its not from individual and also with warranty. Being an auto you can be sure that there is no clutch abuse (people riding the clutch causing unnecessary wear).
a little bargaining could get you new tyres/some accessories from Mahindra First choice.

Oh is it ? I have never been to second hand car dealership so I have no idea how to bargain there.

Also what is opinion about automatic honda city from year 2005-2006. I see them on quikr, olx and such for under 4 lakh. What FE figures they would have ?

Why ? Is it that people who have less running will only go for a car with not so good FE ? I believe FE of this would be 10 or so right ?
Do you think this car is worth considering ? I can only have a look at it next weekend now and that too if it is still with them.

People like me, who do 30-40K KMs a year do definitely consider FE.

I think you dont care about FE only if you run very less.

Oh is it ? I have never been to second hand car dealership so I have no idea how to bargain there.

Also what is opinion about automatic honda city from year 2005-2006. I see them on quikr, olx and such for under 4 lakh. What FE figures they would have ?

Honda city with CVT would have >10kmpl and without cvt would be <9kmpl in city. even used civic is good option but it will also give less FE
Used cars don't come with a fixed price tag, so can bargain heavily, especially from an individual.

Civic and Accord do not even think of going for, for the following reasons:

1. Parking is a nightmare. There cars are really big.
2. FE is a joke.. I know u wont be running them much but still its too less.
3. The ground clearance is very bad. Esp on the civic. Civic feels as if its in love with the earth and wants to kiss it at every given opportunity !!
4. Spares of both these cars are really costly, plus both models are currently stopped.

Yes running won't be a daily thing and I expect less than 1K Kms per month.

What I meant to say was that Automatics are bought by people(refer to the first owner) who have less running, because they give bad FE.
But in this the running is a lot by automatic standards, so it is highly unlikely, nigh impossible, that that (notice how that is used twice. Nope, its not a mistake, its grammar.) particular car has had its odometer rolled back.

Civic and Accord do not even think of going for, for the following reasons:

1. Parking is a nightmare. There cars are really big.
2. FE is a joke.. I know u wont be running them much but still its too less.
3. The ground clearance is very bad. Esp on the civic. Civic feels as if its in love with the earth and wants to kiss it at every given opportunity !!
4. Spares of both these cars are really costly, plus both models are currently stopped.

Yes yes not going for any of these. There are lots on olx and such but i am resisting.

Yes yes not going for any of these. There are lots on olx and such but i am resisting.
You want an Accord v6, take mine :) You cannot get a performance that an accord delivers out of a i20 or a ascent etc, period.. But still i wont recommend it to you since its your first car.
I am still of the opinion that one shouldn't buy a second hand auto gear car, manual is alright.

You want an Accord v6, take mine :) You cannot get a performance that an accord delivers out of a i20 or a ascent etc, period.. But still i wont recommend it to you since its your first car.
I am still of the opinion that one shouldn't buy a second hand auto gear car, manual is alright.

IIRC, he had an Accord Auto in US.
Everything put aside, I myself would love to get an Accord V6, if I was looking for a second hand car.
Instead I have decided to get a Kawasaki Z800(or any other naked bike in the price range) and a normal(read boring) car instead.

Sorry for the OT Raks.

I'd say get a Street Triple.

It owns the Z800 in every single road test out there. Just youtube/google for Z800 vs street triple

it is (Maruti) good because, spares are available over the counter.

other than that maruti or the other companies after sales do keep on pressing for the non regular care services which is a money spinner for them.
to name a few engine decarbonisation, exhaust pipe coating, teflon coating.
if @raksrules can get a hold of a good spares dealer in opera house, he can very well opt for a VW hatch in the pre used market.
their resale value has taken a dip because of the expensive A.S.S so getting a pre owned one would be cheaper.
a decent local garage and spares from opera house should be relatively cheaper than maruti after sales.

I'd say get a Street Triple.

It owns the Z800 in every single road test out there. Just youtube/google for Z800 vs street triple

Frankly speaking, my heart is set on the Monster 795 for a long time. But Ducati ASS is pathetic and expensive from what I have heard. If my business venture takes off, I might give in and get the Monster.
Never really liked the styling of the Street Triple, though it definitely is a great bike.

I found one review of our member here @frankmehta on Tbhp about a used car dealer named Broker Dalal. Found few listing from his website

http://www.brokerdalal.com/stocks.aspx#tm=1

The same listings shown on the above link have more details and pictures on carwale.

i10 AT -> http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-mumbai/hyundai-i10-2007-2010-d593445/

Honda City CVT -> http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-mumbai/honda-cityzx20052008-d596403/

i10 AT -> http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-mumbai/hyundai-i10-d614210/

Does any of these look good ?

Also it is confusing a bit with i20 Asta 1.4 AT for 4.5 Lakh at Mahindra First Choice and around the same price for the i10 AT. What is more preferable ? Or is it space vs FE here which is to be considered ?

PS: I have no idea if any of these will still be available by weekend when I plan to visit the place to have a look but it helps to have some information beforehand.

Prices r very high according to me. We sold our City yr 2005 AT top end for 2.2 L.
4.5l for a 4-5 yr old i10 is simply stupid pricing. TBH dont bother with a car beyond 3 yrs or 25000 kms, unless u plan to drive it for a yr or 2 and switch.

I am honestly a bit confused as to what u wanna buy. Were we not talking abt new cars and sedans vs hatchback a few posts back. Now how did 5 yr old cars come in the picture???

Prices r very high according to me. We sold our City yr 2005 AT top end for 2.2 L.
4.5l for a 4-5 yr old i10 is simply stupid pricing. TBH dont bother with a car beyond 3 yrs or 25000 kms, unless u plan to drive it for a yr or 2 and switch.

I am honestly a bit confused as to what u wanna buy. Were we not talking abt new cars and sedans vs hatchback a few posts back. Now how did 5 yr old cars come in the picture???

Yeah I understand what you are saying. It is like I am going nowhere. :(
Just that i am considering options. But yes Sedans is something I cannot buy due to city usage and parking issues. Hatchback it has to be.
That is why i listed the above. Ignore the City CVT listing.
And this is the one I plan to see this coming weekend, if it is still unsold.

http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-mumbai/hyundai-i20-2008-2010-d607637/

Does this look any good ?

Yeah I understand what you are saying. It is like I am going nowhere. :(
Just that i am considering options. But yes Sedans is something I cannot buy due to city usage and parking issues. Hatchback it has to be.
That is why i listed the above. Ignore the City CVT listing.
And this is the one I plan to see this coming weekend, if it is still unsold.

http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-mumbai/hyundai-i20-2008-2010-d607637/

Does this look any good ?
But bro who told u that an i20 is a breeze to park? These hatchbacks too take a decent amount of space imho. Honestly i wouldn't look at Hyundai if it's 2nd hand ur tilting towards. There are issues with build quality with new variants and ur looking at second hand.
If 2nd hand pls dont look at anything beyond 15-20k. 37k is a thoroughly used car for a petrol.

Also if parking is what worries u, get yourself parking sensors worth 2k and a rear camera for 4k and ur sorted. The rest comes with practice.
If ur buying AT, go new.

Also i hear that swift and swift desire face lifts are around the corner. Be patient. U will get what your looking for.

Back