Planning to buy Xperia Mini Pro ... should I wait/look out for other Android phones,,

eggman

Adept
I am planning to buy this small beauty withing next week . The only thing that's bothering me is its small screen size , otherwise it's amazing!

Should I look out for any other models from HTC or Samsung or any other company ....???Same price range.Android is must!

Also , how true is this

Code:
QVGA resolution doesn’t do Android graphics justice and limits the number of compatible apps

From here

EDIT:Oops! Sorry for posting in the wrong section!

Re: Planning to buy Xperia Mini Pro ... should I wait/look out for other Android phon

App compatibility shouldn't be a problem once the OS is upgraded to 2.1 but the question is when. Anyways, if you can wait, better wait else, go to a showroom, try the phone and then decide whether to go for it or not.

Also, I have a feeling that Nokia C6 could be a better buy for 13.5k even though it runs Symbian.

Re: Planning to buy Xperia Mini Pro ... should I wait/look out for other Android phon

stay away from the crap , it has a tiny screen and a fat body that takes away the fun of being touch screen !

get c6 !

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

if you want android then htc wildfire or wait for xperia x8 ! :)

Yeah, seriously don't go for the Mini, I saw the phone, its pretty much like an mp3 player!

bodmas said:
Go for HTC Wildfire. It is giving good competition to Xperia mini.
buddingwhizkid said:
stay away from the crap , it has a tiny screen and a fat body that takes away the fun of being touch screen !

get c6 !

if you want android then htc wildfire or wait for xperia x8 ! :)
Is the Wildfire available in India? I saw the HTC Website and they have no mention of it, only saw one guy selling it on ebay for 18K.

orangewrath said:
Yeah, seriously don't go for the Mini, I saw the phone, its pretty much like an mp3 player!

Is the Wildfire available in India? I saw the HTC Website and they have no mention of it, only saw one guy selling it on ebay for 18K.
Wildfire is not yet released in India. And I didn't like the low resolution display. But still, it would make a better buy than X10 Mini(pro).

heard of low-end Motorola Android phone, the WX445 making rounds on the net. This is supposed to be a nice buy for the mobile freaks due to its decent features in low cost.

just keep looking

I suggest you to go for it.

i have the phone and it totally rocks.....

A great portable media player with great capabilities...

A superb phone except for the battery. An update is coming in September that resolves all present issues....

I need a phone in couple of weeks , so can't wait for HTC Wildfire.

Nokia c6 = symbian != my phone...

any other....suggestion?

Xperia X8 has only just been announced, dont expect it to realise anytime too soon. Sony Ericsson is notorious for delaying handset releases (X1, X2, X10, Satio... etc.) ....

September end or October we will get 2.1 update...

And possible 2.2 in feb(many users are telling-not official yet)

HTC Wildfire I believe is the best phone in that range. The only downside to the phone is the low-res screen. If you don't mind overlooking that , then is a great buy. It's out in stores and will not cost more than 15k

Back