Planning to venture into Console [PS3] territory

Vasishta.Sushant said:
I am buying the PS3 again (for the third time). This time for my 2.5 yrs old kid :p Move bundle primarily. Can anyone comment which one should I buy (just want to increase my chances to get a PS3 with FW lt 3.55)

I have a coupon that I can use at letsbuy.com and thats the only place I am buying the PS3 from.

Suggestions guys !!!

Go with 360 n kinect sir for a better experience for ur kid...

else 4 of my friends bought a ps3 from letsbuy last week...2 ordered the 320gb move bundle while 2 ordered 160gb with fuel game free....the 320gb ones had 3.6 firmware while 160 though of AUGUST 2011 packing surprisingly had 3.50 :)

Thus ive ordered the 160gb one!

Will get it tomorrow and will let you know what fw is it!

Irrespective of FW..I know im buying a superlative and a wonderful piece of technology :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

P.S Letsbuy CC is Super Hilarious :D

When i asked them if ill get the Ps3 from the same stock as my friend the Not so good english speaking Lady Said

"Sir, It should be the same but I cannot be Committed with you :p "

Guess she meant she couldnt give a commitment :eek:hyeah:

LMFAO!

Lol I know how lucky I am :p But in any case, this one is for my kid. I seldom get time to play. Free JB would have been a huge bonus.

Anyway, I'll order the arkham city right away. Best thing currently I guess.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

So total 18K for the move bundle, with arkham city. I guess its better than the GTX580 which I wanted to get, just for the arkham city. I know the graphics suck on the PS3 but I'll make do. At least I am saving a lot in the long term.

Only if I got the 3.55 :(

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Best thing currently I guess.

For a change, it isn't. I was underwhelmed with Arkham City. This might have been because I played Uncharted 3 almost a week prior to attempting Arkham City. YMMV!

So what game disc do you suggest ? Just one. No shooting stuff (I suck at that)....I was really out of the scene so not sure what is the current thing going on.

Have you played Uncharted 1 and 2? If yes, grab Uncharted 3. If no, grab ummm Uncharted 3? :p

It isn't a sequel to the previous game. Just that you'd miss out on the characters who've appeared before.

coolcatric said:
Vasishta.Sushant just mentioned that PS3 graphics s*ck !! is it true :(

It appears that you have been going around in circles completely confused and not arriving at a conclusion as to which console would you want to pick up. The console was launched 5 years back and its hardware may sound ancient and outdated considering present gen. computer hardware (GPU more specifically) but no the graphics and visuals most definitely doesn't 's*ck'. It depends on how well the developer has tamed the engine and optimised the game to work with the console's hardware. Games like the Uncharted series, MGS 4, GOW III, Killzone 3, Heavy Rain etc. which remain exclusive titles have pushed the console to its limits. You can take a look at some of the YouTube videos for these titles. OTOH there are titles which were poorly optimised for the console such as Red Dead Redemption for instance, which looked far better on the X360. This was purely the developer's fault and the console cannot be blamed for that.

coolcatric said:

It depends on how you look at it.

Graphics are definitely nowhere near to PC but certain console games do look good or sometimes even better than any other PC game at some points like UC2 and UC3.

Its better to download some HD gameplay videos and play them on your display to get an idea of the graphics.

Also, PS3 graphics for multiplatform games are usually slightly inferior than Xbox360 mainly due to poor optimization by developers.

But for exclusives Xbox360 doesn't stand a slightest chance against the might of PS3.

coolcatric said:

No, the graphics do not suck. They render at 720p which is good enough. I used on a large screen say 40" and viewed at a distant, the gaming experience is far better and relaxing than a PC. I am much more satisfied gaming on my PS3 then a PC. Nor will I in the future ever set up a gaming PC. To much of a PITA with drivers and buggy releases and what not while gaming. A console = slip in the disc and play. Simple and satisfactory. Get a PS3 and TE has a decent circle of traders / sellers for discs. Heck you might find someone in your locality. I found someone at my office and we trade discs now.

Regarding the multiplatform title, Games on PS3 look good imo, if game has great art, lack of AA and full hd resolution wont matter much.

Resistance 3 effects look fantastic even though technically its sub hd

blahmaster said:
Regarding the multiplatform title, Games on PS3 look good imo, if game has great art, lack of AA and full hd resolution wont matter much.

Resistance 3 effects look fantastic even though technically its sub hd

Played arkham asylum recently the XBOX 360 version was much better graphically..

Back