Video Plasma or LCD ? HD Ready or Full HD?

adder said:
well lcds arent exactly new infact i knew about plasmas only around 1999,but i knew lcds even before that, but lcds were very small used mostly in aircrafts,cockpit displays,and monitors.

I meant LCDs in the TV segment. Plus their development cycle is comparatively newer, whereas plasma development is mostly evolutionary now.

if u had seen gadget guru 2years ago in NDTV a long time back there were various flat screen tvs switched On and people were asked which picture they prefered and picture of lcds is what 90% prefered and the they weren't told which was plasma or lcd nor the brands and logo which were covered.

Wouldn't trust what gadget guru says, but I agree, its all about what a consumer prefers. About companies choosing which format to support.. like I said, it need not be a case of them choosing what is better technology, but what is popular. Its all about profit at the end of the day. ;)

and about burn in plasmas they still suffer

Panasonic Viera TH-42PZ81E - DigitalVersus and this one of the latest and most expensive models.

I didn't said they don't, but they have been drastically reduced to manageable levels or at the very least can be reversed. In fact PC LCD monitor users have occasionally been struck with the same. Its just something thats been blown out of proportion. The review doesn't point out any evidence of burn in, its just a cautionary note.

IMO late 2009 lcds tech may surpass the contrast levels of plasma like pioneer kuro.

I'd highly doubt it, simply because of the way LCDs work.

In the case of a plasma cell, you are 'turning off' that cell.. whereas in an LCD, you are merely 'blocking' the backlight. How effectively that works ceases beyond a point.

Anyway I'm going wayy OT in someone else's thread :ashamed:

yes me interested got quote of 60k from NEXT and with exchange for a 29inch 56.5k. KOHINOOR said min 58k.

But isnt your GO for pune guys only?? Coz me in mumbai.

jaber said:
yes me interested got quote of 60k from NEXT and with exchange for a 29inch 56.5k. KOHINOOR said min 58k.

But isnt your GO for pune guys only?? Coz me in mumbai.

Hmm, yup this is in Pune, no exchange stuff nothing. You can pick up the TV from here, sell your 29" separate, have more discounts.

~LT

freakster_x said:
and what if streaming movies via laptop ? :S

Mate you meant to say that you know of a display that can play from stream? That means it has ethernet/wifi capabilities? Cool, then u need to go for LCD.

~LT

hey man...
did you have any word with your guy for pricing ??
i tried all calculations and its seems bit difficult for me to to put lot of money right now. buying home is first priority :)
anyway.... still if that guy manage EMI option and good price.... i am IN.:)

avi_avadhut said:
hey man...
did you have any word with your guy for pricing ??
i tried all calculations and its seems bit difficult for me to to put lot of money right now. buying home is first priority :)
anyway.... still if that guy manage EMI option and good price.... i am IN.:)

Call me man.

~LT

avi_avadhut said:
Vireash....
sorry but i have decided to wait for few month.....
will buy TV tuner and will make myself happy with average TV qualiity on 22".

I understand and respect the decision, hope you have LED's coming up to sub 1l limit by then.

~LT

This is from a Panasonic website.

Applicable Scanning Format

525 (480)/60i, 525 (480)/60p, 625 (576)/50i, 625 (576)/50p, 750 (720)/50p, 750 (720)/60p, 1125 (1080)/50i, 1125 (1080)/60i, 1125 (1080)/24p (HDMI only), 1125 (1080)/50p (HDMI only), 1125 (1080)/60p (HDMI only)

I know this TV is 720p and 1080p and all that does not matter too much unless you are looking at 50" inches or larger, but then what does these figures mean?

1125 (1080)/50p (HDMI only), 1125 (1080)/60p (HDMI only)

Back