PlayStation 4 - News, Rumors & Speculations

So what's the verdict. Is it worthwhile to upgrade to the 4. In my particular case I don't game frequently. From the purchase in Oct 13 till today, my PS3 has been played a max of 90hrs. I just wanna upgrade because I still might get good value for the PS3 and that PS4 is future proof for at least 5-6 years so even if I don't play it today, it won't hurt me as much value wise.

So what's the verdict. Is it worthwhile to upgrade to the 4. In my particular case I don't game frequently. From the purchase in Oct 13 till today, my PS3 has been played a max of 90hrs. I just wanna upgrade because I still might get good value for the PS3 and that PS4 is future proof for at least 5-6 years so even if I don't play it today, it won't hurt me as much value wise.

It wont be a good move for you to upgrade.
PS4 and its accessories+games are insanely expensive. Secondly, it ll take a decent time for the ps4 to build its library. So i would suggest you to hold onto your ps3 and play the games it has to offer. It has a huge library, and newer games will still be released for the console.
Unnecessary investment for a new console which ll make you pay through your nose and for a genre of entertainment which you really are not inclined towards, that really seems unjustifiable in my opinion.

I too, am not a heavy gamer and with the amount of games the ps3 has, it doesnt seems like i need to purchase the ps4. At max i ll rent/borrow it for a game or two.. else i am pretty content not being bothered with the thoughts of ps4.

Either you have way too much money to waste or you just bored. Only reasons that makes a ps4 purchase valid. The ps4 i bought was opened once to see if its working. and now its in my home, packed. its been over 2 months that its like that. 450 USD. I wonder what made me buy that. :(

Back